LaunchBox Community Forums

10.12-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

6 minutes ago, BluSonik said:

Hey @Jason Carr

im swapping between After Burner here for the example, the background image keeps changing evertime i swap back to it and normally its always been set to my platform Fanart Background.

i havent changed any settings to make it do this either, it just seema to keep switching between all the artwork i have for that game

20200414_005318.jpg

20200414_005311.jpg

20200414_005304.jpg

Oooooh, you're seeing a different issue that we have seen elsewhere. This has nothing to do with that Big Box setting you pointed out earlier. Go to Tools > Options > Legacy > Images > Background Priorities and uncheck everything there. We're gonna have a fix for that out shortly, but that should do it.

Edit: That's in LaunchBox.

11 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Can you try with standard MAME? Im suspecting this may be related to you using a fork rather than the official release.

Yeah I guess I could sometime.  But wouldn't i have to update all my rom files and such? I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to find a specific one just to test with.  But meh,  even if standalone mame worked, I don't feel like trying to curate the newest romset, and I already have everything setup perfectly this way through RL also (pause savestates, bezels, fades, keymapping profiles).  I wouldn't switch anyways even if standalone mame worked.  Obviously it works because I see scores over there on the games.  So oh well.  Maybe someday i'll be in the mood to completely update and curate and stuff, and find a mame .lay bezel set that I like.  But for now I'll just stick with what works for me.  Or hopefully be allowed to point launchbox to the correct files someday.  Gonna have to turn the feature off now lol.  I can't be teased by everyone else's scores and not be able to join in the fun haha.

Edited by damageinc86

6 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

Yeah I guess I could sometime.  But wouldn't i have to update all my rom files and such? I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to find a specific one just to test with.

No just ad it as a emulator in launchbox and specify Arcade as the associated platform, then when you right click a game and go to "Launch with" you will have the options of RocketLauncher or MAME. No need to touch your roms at all.

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

No just ad it as a emulator in launchbox and specify Arcade as the associated platform, then when you right click a game and go to "Launch with" you will have the options of RocketLauncher or MAME. No need to touch your roms at all.

Yeah could do that but what would the point be at this juncture?  I trust that it works since I see other peoples scores.  So that's fine. 

1 hour ago, damageinc86 said:

Yeah could do that but what would the point be at this juncture?  I trust that it works since I see other peoples scores.  So that's fine. 

A possible solution, Mameuifx is 4 years old now with development ceased, maybe try using arcade64, its the spiritual successor to uifx, i used fx back in the day and it was by far the best frontend mame had imho, but i felt right at home with arcade64. 

Also i guess you are using a rom set matched to the old version of uifx, if so that may also cause an issue, as roms get updated so the entry point that hi2txt uses may not be the same location in old rom sets, this is just an hypothesis on my part though,so take with a grain of salt.

Edited by MadK9
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

LaunchBox looks for the hiscore.dat file in the plugins\hiscore folder. Are you sure it doesn't work if you create those folders and copy hiscore.dat there? The log file you posted is still claiming that it can't find that file.

It works with the newest version of Arcade64, outside of rocketlauncher. 

Edited by damageinc86
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Out of curiosity, what's the reason to use Arcade64? Asking for my own personal collection. ;)

It's a fork that is strictly for the Arcade games, things like mechanical, mahjong, fruit machines etc simply are not supported. It also has GUI which can make things easier for some as no ini editing is needed.

2055635055_Screenshot(470).thumb.png.6af4ef9d149db2b91c4bf9ad9284f3dc.pngIt also has in my eyes a more aesthetically pleasing in game UI.

1905681450_Screenshot(469).thumb.png.1a6cb3a60f75f3860716d01d61e6c114.pngEssentially its the same as the Standard mame, but just supports Arcade games and has a different UI.

2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

It's a fork that is strictly for the Arcade games, things like mechanical, mahjong, fruit machines etc simply are not supported. It also has GUI which can make things easier for some as no ini editing is needed.

2055635055_Screenshot(470).thumb.png.6af4ef9d149db2b91c4bf9ad9284f3dc.pngIt also has in my eyes a more aesthetically pleasing in game UI.

1905681450_Screenshot(469).thumb.png.1a6cb3a60f75f3860716d01d61e6c114.pngEssentially its the same as the Standard mame, but just supports Arcade games and has a different UI.

Thats just an edit to the UI.ini, can change that yourself in normal mame. 

the following replaced in the original mame ui.ini will result in the same effect.

infos_text_size           0.75
font_rows                 30
hide_main_panel           0
ui_border_color           ff000000
ui_bg_color               efefefef
ui_clone_color            ff7f7f7f
ui_dipsw_color            ff7f7f7f
ui_gfxviewer_color        ef000000
ui_mousedown_bg_color     ef00a2e8
ui_mousedown_color        fffff200
ui_mouseover_bg_color     ef00a2e8
ui_mouseover_color        fffff200
ui_selected_bg_color      ef3f48cc
ui_selected_color         fffff200
ui_slider_color           ef22b14c
ui_subitem_color          ef3f48cc
ui_text_bg_color          efefefef
ui_text_color             ff000000
ui_unavail_color          ff7f7f7f

:)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MadK9 said:

Thats just an edit to the UI.ini, can change that yourself in normal mame. 

the following replaced in the original mame ui.ini will result in the same effect.

infos_text_size           0.75
font_rows                 30
hide_main_panel           0
ui_border_color           ff000000
ui_bg_color               efefefef
ui_clone_color            ff7f7f7f
ui_dipsw_color            ff7f7f7f
ui_gfxviewer_color        ef000000
ui_mousedown_bg_color     ef00a2e8
ui_mousedown_color        fffff200
ui_mouseover_bg_color     ef00a2e8
ui_mouseover_color        fffff200
ui_selected_bg_color      ef3f48cc
ui_selected_color         fffff200
ui_slider_color           ef22b14c
ui_subitem_color          ef3f48cc
ui_text_bg_color          efefefef
ui_text_color             ff000000
ui_unavail_color          ff7f7f7f

:)

Ah cool, cheers fella ill have a play.

Yeah they picked it up after mameuifx stopped being updated/worked on.  While I can do my share of editing .inis and stuff, I always enjoy being able to point and click my way through options in a GUI, so I'm glad they kept it going.  Got some great .lay bezels from the bezel project (had to edit some of them, the photoshop cut of the inside of the screen was horrible).  Now I can get cracking on some hi scores.  Adds some fun connectivity to launchbox, and gives you a reason to play some games again lol.

Heey! So I just want to let you all know you're doing an amazing job with Launchbox and BigBox! Every time I see a new beta I immediately go here to see what's new, like a little kid on Christmas! To @Jason Carr and all you other fine folks in this great community, thank you! Sorry for OT, take care!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, e2zippo said:

Heey! So I just want to let you all know you're doing an amazing job with Launchbox and BigBox! Every time I see a new beta I immediately go here to see what's new, like a little kid on Christmas! To @Jason Carr and all you other fine folks in this great community, thank you! Sorry for OT, take care!

Thank you @e2zippo. Very good to hear. I'll call out @C-Beats so he can read it as well.

• Like 1

There seems to be an odd new glitch that doesn't allow multi-disc games to open. It seems to only be problematic on CD based games that are in the CUE or CHD file formats. For example, multi-version roms as additional apps seem to be opening fine, but all of my disc-based games are in CHD so for example Night Trap won't open because it's a multi-disc game. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? This problem has only occurred with the latest version of LaunchBox.

For the time being, I'm just going to delete the other discs as additional applications, because that's the only way the games will load now. It's not an ideal workaround, but I wanted to report this issue in case anyone else is experiencing it. Btw, I'm using RetroArch for all of my games so it's possible it's a RA issue, but very doubtful, because this issue has only popped up with the latest version of LB like I mentioned.

Btw the issue that occurs is that the RA application either won't launch or it'll launch and just be a blank black screen.

Edit: I figured out a workaround for the issue. If I don't put a disc number for the additional applications then everything works perfectly and I can just name the additional applications different versions and the multiple versions badge will appear so it works out fine that way. However, the issue with this is that the multi-disc badge won't appear if I do it this way. For this issue to be solved it seems that either A) the disc number issue should be fixed or B) the multi-disc badge should just be a tick-box that you can select on any game.

This issue isn't that big of a deal or the end of the world. I just wanted to bring it to your attention and see if anyone is experiencing this issue. Thanks and stay safe :)

Edited by Beatlemaniac19

Hello Lauchbox crew, I wanted to say, that you do a very great job in adding amazing new features to LB/BB. One of them is the import feature for platforms like Steam, GOG, Epic Games etc. Will you add other platforms like Origin and Uplay too or is it not possible at the moment?

I have another question about the MAME highscores. Maybe this has been asked before but I could not find it. Is this feature only working with the standalone MAME program or with Retroarch too? If yes, what do I need to do to get it work?

One last question is, can you please add a button in the game details view to mark games as installed manually?

Sorry for all this question and sorry if they have been answered already. You guys do an amazing job.

42 minutes ago, deliyuerek85 said:

Hello Lauchbox crew, I wanted to say, that you do a very great job in adding amazing new features to LB/BB. One of them is the import feature for platforms like Steam, GOG, Epic Games etc. Will you add other platforms like Origin and Uplay too or is it not possible at the moment?

I have another question about the MAME highscores. Maybe this has been asked before but I could not find it. Is this feature only working with the standalone MAME program or with Retroarch too? If yes, what do I need to do to get it work?

One last question is, can you please add a button in the game details view to mark games as installed manually?

Sorry for all this question and sorry if they have been answered already. You guys do an amazing job.

Hi scores are standalone MAME only.