LaunchBox Community Forums

10.12-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Just now, SonicFan53 said:

That's still awesome!

I think you misunderstood.

It does not submit hi scores on those platforms as well, it displays the hi scores from the arcade game.

For example, Mattel Intellivision game frogger.zip, when using MAME for that platform, it will show the hi scores for Frogger Arcade.

On 4/5/2020 at 8:58 PM, Headrush69 said:

Don't know if it's been noted, but if you are using Mame software lists and a rom matches an arcade rom, you'll get the high scores shown under that platform also.

Any way way around that?

Hmm, I suppose we could filter it to only platforms like "MAME" or "Arcade". We could potentially have issues though for people who use custom platform names. We might just have to deal with that for now.

On 4/5/2020 at 9:25 PM, wallmachine said:

the following folder was randomly created in my emulator folder. I was playing games from that system... and the platform images are set to default location.

\Images\TAITO Type X²\Fanart - Background\United States

This would only happen if the current directory was changed to the emulator's folder, and then something tried to look for images there, which should be an impossibility for the LaunchBox codebase. All I can figure is that this would be caused by a plugin.

On 4/7/2020 at 10:00 AM, Retro808 said:

Mame high score has already been added to badges to show games that support high scores. So now just we just need Retro Achievements.

We'd have to build a new caching system in order to make it happen for retro achievements, so that's not going to happen for this release.

Beta 14 is out now with the following:

• Improvement: The GOG import wizard now allows you to individually choose custom platform names for each game, or update them in batch
  • Improvement: The Big Box Sleep, Reboot, and Shut Down options have been improved to wait until save operations are complete before proceeding (helps prevent rare data corruption possibilities)

• Fixed: Wikipedia metadata searching has been removed; it's been broken for a while due to a Wikipedia change and never really worked all that great to begin with

• Added MAME high scores supported to auto-populated playlists

• Performance has been improved at the end of the import process

I'm looking at this beta as a release candidate. Currently planning on releasing 10.12 this coming Monday.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

What is involved in taking an LB theme and enabling the badges? Is it all in the XML files in the "views" folder or are the DLLs changed? I can see buttons added to the BoxesContentView and MainView so far. If it's just a matter of doing a compare in Git or Notepad++ if there aren't a ton of them and merging the changes, I'll do that so I don't mess up all the custom changes I made to my theme.

29 minutes ago, FlightRisk said:

What is involved in taking an LB theme and enabling the badges? Is it all in the XML files in the "views" folder or are the DLLs changed? I can see buttons added to the BoxesContentView and MainView so far. If it's just a matter of doing a compare in Git or Notepad++ if there aren't a ton of them and merging the changes, I'll do that so I don't mess up all the custom changes I made to my theme.

It's all in BoxesContentView.xaml; that should be it. There's a new section with Badges as the binding; I think that's all you need.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PanteraZombie said:

The most current beta release is looking great so far... the only minor thing I can see is in the import games wizard, the metadata sources now only show LaunchBox's DB as an option to scrape from since removing Wikipedia. Seems like an unnecessary screen to click through now...?

We would, but you still have the option to not use the LaunchBox Games Database, so we still need that check box.

15 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

It's all in BoxesContentView.xaml; that should be it. There's a new section with Badges as the binding; I think that's all you need.

There is also badge code in a new button section in MainView.xaml.  Also the encoding changed. All my old themes are UTF-8. The new themes are UTF-8 BOM.

7 minutes ago, FlightRisk said:

There is also badge code in a new button section in MainView.xaml.  Also the encoding changed. All my old themes are UTF-8. The new themes are UTF-8 BOM.

Ah yes, sorry I forgot about that. I wasn't even aware that the encoding changed, but that shouldn't matter either way.

Happy Easter y'all. :)

Just put out beta 16 with an update to hi2txt, which adds support for a bunch of games and fixes many as well. Huge thanks again goes out to Greatstone for all his work on hi2txt and these changes/additions. :)

If you're appreciating this high scores stuff, it'd be good to send him some thanks here: http://greatstone.free.fr/hi2txt/

The high scores system definitely would not be possible without his work.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

this is a super cool feature!  Am I reading the comments correctly, in that scores currently stored in the folders aren't being read until you refresh your score through launchbox (play the game again)?

Only scores that are newly achieved will be tracked. In other words, if you have a previous set of high scores, they will not be uploaded. Only newly achieved high scores since the system was built. :)

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Only scores that are newly achieved will be tracked. In other words, if you have a previous set of high scores, they will not be uploaded. Only newly achieved high scores since the system was built. :)

Well damn,...making me re-earn my high score huh!? lol.  Fiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

• Like 1