LaunchBox Community Forums

BannerBox

faeran

BannerBox

View File

Logo.png.7a761e9ba2294e488a6d34cade79004e.png

Welcome to Faeran's BannerBox. A horizontal banner based theme, inspired by 80s retro. This theme requires that you be running LaunchBox 11.10 or later due to its reliance on the new wheel.

The following info is now considered legacy:

Spoiler

This base theme has banners for the following systems (Some System packs will be released separately):

Spoiler

Arcade
Atari 2600
Atari 5200
Atari 7800
Atari Jaguar
Atari Jaguar CD
Atari Lynx
Atari XEGS
Bally Astrocade
Casio PV-1000
ColecoVision
Entex Adventure Vision
Fairchild Channel F
GCE Vectrex
Mattel Intellivision
NEC PC Engine
NEC TurboGrafx-16
*Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo 64
Nintendo 64DD
*Nintendo DS
Nintendo Entertainment System
Nintendo Game Boy
Nintendo Game Boy Advance
Nintendo Game Boy Color
Nintendo GameCube
Nintendo Pokemon Mini
Nintendo Virtual Boy
*Nintendo Wii
Nintendo Wii U
Sega 32X
Sega CD
Sega Dreamcast
Sega Game Gear
Sega Genesis
Sega Mark III
Sega Master System
Sega Saturn
Sega SG-1000
SNK Neo Geo AES
SNK Neo Geo CD
SNK Neo Geo Pocket
SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color
Sony Playstation
*Sony Playstation 2
*Sony PSP
Super Nintendo Entertainment System
VTech CreatiVision

*Only a small amount of banners were created for these systems

Download extra banner packs and install them into:

LAUNCHBOX\Themes\BannerBox\Images\Games\Custom Images 1

Explaination of some files:

• BannerBox.zip - The same theme that can be downloaded from within Big Box's theme manager
  • BannerBox - Base Theme - No Game Banners.zip - Same theme as above, but without any game banners. Use this if you want to create your own banners
  • BannerBox - Template - Create Your Own Banners.zip - Use this file to load into the COMMUNITY Theme Creator to create your own banner images

Learn how to create your own BannerBox Banner Images: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtK2S7Owo8Y

Download banners created by the community in this thread:

BannerBox Community Banner Thread - Platform Media - LaunchBox Community Forums (launchbox-app.com)

Looking to create your own theme? Learn how by:
Following me on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/retrofaeran
Subscribing to me on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2C5q0Muy-ehYpZUIIdJ94Q

CREDITS
----------------------------
Theme was created by @faeran
Theme was created using the COMMUNITY Theme Creator by @y2guru
Theme uses some amazing artwork by Rachid Loft. Find his work at: https://rachidlotf.com/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Unusual Gem 2

Awesome Job! Loving what I see so far! 

I am having one issue though. When scrolling through any games, I'm not seeing any box art or game title art. I just get the Launchbox logo icon. 

I tried clearing the cache and restarting BB. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Keep up the awesome work!  Hopefully you will release some of the missing consoles that I have. 

56 minutes ago, petabyte said:

after download and set by default into bigbox nothing works, i only get the background video.....

Are you able to provide more information? BannerBox doesn't use background videos, so that's a little curious.

2 hours ago, Özgün Bahar said:

I prepared a custom Windows Banner. Although I wouldn't be able to use the banner. I put the file into the specified folder but it didn't work. Instead, there another image appears for the Windows category. How can I fix this?

Windows.png

Screenshot (25).png

First make sure you put the banner in the right place:

Launchbox\Themes\BannerBox\Images\Platforms\Banner\Windows.png

Then make sure you refresh the platform wheel image cache in Big Box.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, faeran said:

First make sure you put the banner in the right place:

Launchbox\Themes\BannerBox\Images\Platforms\Banner\Windows.png

Then make sure you refresh the platform wheel image cache in Big Box.

I checked the options previously but couldn't find the option to clear the cache. It worked. Thanks a lot!

On one hand I love this. Its my favourite new theme. But theres a big problem. I want to still have those system videos play in the main menu, as its a feature I spent a lot of time working on custom stuff for.

Is there a way to make the main menu play music or the system vids?

2 hours ago, Sejha said:

On one hand I love this. Its my favourite new theme. But theres a big problem. I want to still have those system videos play in the main menu, as its a feature I spent a lot of time working on custom stuff for.

Is there a way to make the main menu play music or the system vids?

I mean, there's still enough platform views that can be played around with. Would just have to think about a good way to implement videos, and use one of those views.

Just now, faeran said:

I mean, there's still enough platform views that can be played around with. Would just have to think about a good way to implement videos, and use one of those views.

Im not exactly talented when it comes to editing these sorts of things myself so I will have to wait for such an update or option but Id really love it. Maybe making it so the right side banner has the video play or something like that?

Unsure.

Anyway thanks for listening to me!

Hi @faeran and @y2guru, I absolutely love the theme! it has such great potential!! 

For some reason, like @CrYoGeNiC stated, I too am finding the majority of my games to have large grey backgrounds with the Launchbox logo inside of them. I downloaded the theme through the Big Box "Manage Themes" area. I have not touched or altered any of the files that came with it. Please help! It's quite discouraging to go through your library and see really beautiful game art paired with video and then have  large chunky grey blocks covering other game art!

Love the idea, Love the aesthetic! 

Also, I really loved that music you used in the youtube video, I would love to make that the overall theme music on the outermost level (platforms) while scrolling through it. Is there anyway you can make that happen OR provide that file so we may place it somewhere to play?

If not, much like @Sejha was asking, I had spent a lot of time collecting platform videos for each console that people had put together (mostly from EmuMovies). Is there the ability to have custom videos play at the Platform level? 

Any help is appreciated, from one collector to another, THANK YOU!

Dreamcast Snip

Dreamcast Snip.PNG

Super Nintendo Snip

Super Nintendo snip.PNG

Edited by itsturningred

7 hours ago, itsturningred said:

Hi @faeran and @y2guru, I absolutely love the theme! it has such great potential!! 

For some reason, like @CrYoGeNiC stated, I too am finding the majority of my games to have large grey backgrounds with the Launchbox logo inside of them. I downloaded the theme through the Big Box "Manage Themes" area. I have not touched or altered any of the files that came with it. Please help! It's quite discouraging to go through your library and see really beautiful game art paired with video and then have  large chunky grey blocks covering other game art!

Love the idea, Love the aesthetic! 

Also, I really loved that music you used in the youtube video, I would love to make that the overall theme music on the outermost level (platforms) while scrolling through it. Is there anyway you can make that happen OR provide that file so we may place it somewhere to play?

If not, much like @Sejha was asking, I had spent a lot of time collecting platform videos for each console that people had put together (mostly from EmuMovies). Is there the ability to have custom videos play at the Platform level? 

Any help is appreciated, from one collector to another, THANK YOU!

Dreamcast Snip

Dreamcast Snip.PNG

Super Nintendo Snip

Super Nintendo snip.PNG

Have you refreshed the image cache ? (Hit escape, options, image cache, refresh all images

if you have done this, can you tell me the name of the game with the missing image in the Dreamcast snip, plus can you send me and faeran this file...

launchbox\data\platforms\sega Dreamcast.xml

many thanks