LaunchBox Community Forums

Troubleshooting MAME High Scores

Jason Carr

i am using mame 220 off the mame site and just best my score of 52,000 and still did not upload score will play again and get the log file for you.just got 77,000 and did not upload it. here is the log.

Debug 2020-04-25 11-11-29 AM.log

found this error in log file if it helps.

ERROR: unable to find a structure from the xml definition that matches size and hiscore.dat definition' for game 'ccastles'

Edited by andyco47

18 minutes ago, andyco47 said:

i am using mame 220 off the mame site and just best my score of 52,000 and still did not upload score will play again and get the log file for you.just got 77,000 and did not upload it. here is the log.

Debug 2020-04-25 11-11-29 AM.log 13.91 kB · 1 download

ERROR: unable to find a structure from the xml definition that matches size and hiscore.dat definition' for game 'ccastles'

Not sure why but it seems something is wrong with the rom size and hiscore.dat.

5 hours ago, andyco47 said:

Debug 2020-04-25 11-11-29 AM.log 13.91 kB · 2 downloads

found this error in log file if it helps.

ccastles has still a not-yet-understood behavior. It seems not able produce .hi/nvram files sometimes.

If a .hi is generated and not working for hi2txt to extract data, I should be able to fix the issue if someone can provide me this .hi file and related hiscore.dat.

If there is no .hi file generated, hi2txt cannot read anything and I will not be able to fix: this is something to report to the maintainer of hiscore.dat file (responsible of generating .hi files for each game).

The error message "ERROR: unable to find a structure..." either says that the .hi file has not the size expected, or the hiscore.dat has not the memory location expected, or there is no .hi file: I should clarify it a little bit for sure.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MustardCowboy said:

Hey there - I just played Zaxxon, and the score I finished with was 9450. However, when it was uploaded, it gave me 509,400 instead. I WISH I was that good, lol!!!!  - PeppercornElvis (ESN)

Nice one. I created an new issue in the GitHub tracker for it, and been able to reproduce it. It will be easy to fix.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GreatStone said:

ccastles has still a not-yet-understood behavior. It seems not able produce .hi/nvram files sometimes.

If a .hi is generated and not working for hi2txt to extract data, I should be able to fix the issue if someone can provide me this .hi file and related hiscore.dat.

If there is no .hi file generated, hi2txt cannot read anything and I will not be able to fix: this is something to report to the maintainer of hiscore.dat file (responsible of generating .hi files for each game).

The error message "ERROR: unable to find a structure..." either says that the .hi file has not the size expected, or the hiscore.dat has not the memory location expected, or there is no .hi file: I should clarify it a little bit for sure.

ok thanks for reply some times it does generate a .hi file and some times it dont.plus rallyx and new rallyx dont work either the rallyx did a .hi but did not unload to launchbox.

I get this error once in a while...  I'm assuming LB is trying to do its file accessing before MAME has exited and released the file???

Anywho...

Spoiler

The process cannot access the file 'E:\Games\Emulation\LaunchBox\Emulators\MAME\mame0201b_64bit\cfg\aerofgt.cfg' because it is being used by another process.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 10.14
Type:    System.IO.IOException
Site:    Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
Source:  mscorlib

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllText(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)
   at (String , String )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Integrations.MameHighScores.EnsureNoDipSwitchChanges(String romFile, String mamePath)
   at (<>c__DisplayClass12_0 )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Integrations.MameHighScores.<>c__DisplayClass12_0.<Prepare>b__0()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Recent Log:

2:42:14 PM Exception

22 minutes ago, andyco47 said:

this person coasterlvr who seems to be a ghost on here is geting alot of hi scores. and he aint been on this site for 2 years.

just because you suck at games is no reason to call me a cheater, but thanks for the stupid message.  there's no reason for me to be here since i haven't had any issues with launchbox until my scores disappeared.  it was reported i couldn't use mameui, so i fixed that.  i would like to know how i cheat.  you can search my handle on youtube if you want to see a few games i played.  you're an idiot.

• Like 4

Take it easy on the name calling but more importantly just because someone gets a hi score it doesn't mean they are cheating so relax heavily on the cheating accusations.

Remember that this feature is "for fun" it's not to be taken seriously, there is no money or e-fame in having a hi score here, there is zero need to be all super serious about this stuff.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Now now old chaps be gentle towards one and other

such a dumb and random message i get from this person today.  i'm like wtf?  you'll have to scroll slow until you find me on the leader board.  i don't get why this person decided to single me out, message me and post here.

1 hour ago, andyco47 said:

this person coasterlvr who seems to be a ghost on here is geting alot of hi scores. and he aint been on this site for 2 years.

You've been warned not to call people out as cheaters without any good reasoning or proof before. Please stop; I really don't want to have to issue a ban over something so stupid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ateb said:

I get this error once in a while...  I'm assuming LB is trying to do its file accessing before MAME has exited and released the file???

Anywho...

Hide contents

The process cannot access the file 'E:\Games\Emulation\LaunchBox\Emulators\MAME\mame0201b_64bit\cfg\aerofgt.cfg' because it is being used by another process.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 10.14
Type:    System.IO.IOException
Site:    Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
Source:  mscorlib

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllText(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)
   at (String , String )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Integrations.MameHighScores.EnsureNoDipSwitchChanges(String romFile, String mamePath)
   at (<>c__DisplayClass12_0 )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Integrations.MameHighScores.<>c__DisplayClass12_0.<Prepare>b__0()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Recent Log:

2:42:14 PM Exception

Thanks for the report. I believe I have that issue fixed for the next beta.