LaunchBox Community Forums

11.5 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

13 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Never used the canary build. Just added it and all I did was change my Xenia set-up in LB to the canary folder's .exe and it ran fine. Did not change any other settings. Tested on latest beta and latest stable.

Thx Retro, I finally got it working again, sorta. I can't use any of the "switches" in the custom commands though. I had to delete the emulator, then re-add it to get it to work with LB.

I am trying to use a couple switches from the Xenia Github, namely trying to turn vsync off and toggle fullscreen on. I was using this: "-vsync=false -fullscreen" , without quotes, but that isn't working anymore.

I have tried various ways just trying to get the fullscreen to work, any ideas?

UPDATE: I got it working, heard back from developer, it now requires x2 "-" rather than 1. IE: --fullscreen or --vsync=false, etc..

Edited by Wanderer189

3 hours ago, Wanderer189 said:

Thx Retro, I finally got it working again, sorta. I can't use any of the "switches" in the custom commands though. I had to delete the emulator, then re-add it to get it to work with LB.

I am trying to use a couple switches from the Xenia Github, namely trying to turn vsync off and toggle fullscreen on. I was using this: "-vsync=false -fullscreen" , without quotes, but that isn't working anymore.

I have tried various ways just trying to get the fullscreen to work, any ideas?

Two ways.

1. Edit the xenia-canary.config.toml (located in /Documents/Xenia folder) and change Fullscreen = False to Fullscreen = True.

2. Use an AHK in LB edit emulators and place in the Running AHK Tab)

Sleep, 2000
 SetKeyDelay, -1, 110
 Send {F11}
 Return

9 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Two ways.

1. Edit the xenia-canary.config.toml (located in /Documents/Xenia folder) and change Fullscreen = False to Fullscreen = True.

2. Use an AHK in LB edit emulators and place in the Running AHK Tab)

Sleep, 2000
 SetKeyDelay, -1, 110
 Send {F11}
 Return

I updated my post about the same time you replied....lol (see above what developer had just told me about the switches). You provided some great info to know as well, ty I wasn't sure if this may have been a beta issue or not, since it had previously worked, if possible, maybe the post can be moved out of beta?

Found 2 small things :

When adding games in the metadata field the Remove ... is too narrow and gets in the select none button.1.thumb.png.218b973074404a65067780476d39fe81.png

Second is in the Dutch (NL) Translation, because it's a long sentence it doesn't desplay it all and the checkbox hides some of it.If you look close you see that the next words are under the prior of images checkbox.

2.thumb.png.4f92a70df35084dc37a5aa6d86215a80.png

Edited by Just001Kim

Beta 4 is out now with the following:

• Improvement: LaunchBox and Big Box disk usage footprints have been reduced by using a combination of JPG and PNG images for image caching, instead of just PNG images. Refresh your LaunchBox and Big Box image caches in order to reduce disk usage.

• Fixes for the new LEDBlinky features

This beta is a release candidate; we're planning on putting out 11.5 as a quality of life release before tackling new features next week. Let us know if you run into any issues.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bundangdon said:

@Jason Carr not sure if this is a known bug, but with the latest 11.5 beta, BigBox themes which I created with Community Theme Creator no longer work. The graphics don't show and everything looks very empty. After I installed version 11.4, there were no problems with these same themes. 

@Jason Carr Confirm seeing same as well. Tried a couple I designed and some from others. Theme's work just missing images that are pulled from the theme. They do display video, clear logos and game images. So seems like it is affecting images pulled from the theme folders.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Wally said:

Hi Jason,

how do we refresh the Cache of LB and BB?

Tools > Refresh All Images in LaunchBox or Options > Image Cache > Refresh All Images in Big Box.

9 hours ago, bundangdon said:

@Jason Carr not sure if this is a known bug, but with the latest 11.5 beta, BigBox themes which I created with Community Theme Creator no longer work. The graphics don't show and everything looks very empty. After I installed version 11.4, there were no problems with these same themes. 

5 hours ago, Retro808 said:

@Jason Carr Confirm seeing same as well. Tried a couple I designed and some from others. Theme's work just missing images that are pulled from the theme. They do display video, clear logos and game images. So seems like it is affecting images pulled from the theme folders.

I'm glad you guys caught this. Can you give me an example theme?

On 9/9/2020 at 1:29 PM, Jason Carr said:

Beta 3 is out now with the following:

• Fixed: The MAME full set importer was not properly obeying the option to "Skip clones entirely" if checked

Thanks... so, basically now you will get no clones and can manually add the important ones, such as "pacman"... also, what happens with "invaders" during the import?  I think it is the parent, but if I recall it wasn't importing?  Only asking about that one because it's a key game.

7 minutes ago, Drybonz said:

Thanks... so, basically now you will get no clones and can manually add the important ones, such as "pacman"... also, what happens with "invaders" during the import?  I think it is the parent, but if I recall it wasn't importing?  Only asking about that one because it's a key game.

Space Invaders is not a clone, so it should be imported straight up.

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

Space Invaders is not a clone, so it should be imported straight up.

"Invaders" was not importing.  I think there was a previous discussion about it, but I haven't run an import since to check if it's still broken.

Edited by Drybonz

Just now, Drybonz said:

"Invaders" was not importing.  I think there was a previous discussion about it, but I haven't run and import since to check if it's still broken.

That is unrelated to this issue, as far as I know. It was a priorities issue. Ignoring clones takes priorities out of the picture completely.