LaunchBox Community Forums

COIN OPS theme for Big Box?

Zeaede

Thanks

I'll check that out

I have seen parts of themes that kinda looks like coin ops, like the game wheel at the right, so parts of  it is possible

I m looking for a theme with the system wheel vertical

And i don't want to much stuff on the game wheel as it is on hyperspin.

Edited by Zeaede

24 minutes ago, Zeaede said:

Thanks

I'll check that out

I have seen parts of themes that kinda looks like coin ops, like the game wheel at the right, so parts of  it is possible

I m looking for a theme with the system wheel vertical

And i don't want to much stuff on the game wheel as it is on hyperspin.

The Community Theme Creator is a wonderful software, it's quite easy to use as well once you get the hang of it, give it a try.

• Like 1

This is something i had in mind

I think it's looks nice and clean game wheel have game titles, gamepad, old monitor tv and the actual game as background but you can see the game fast

This is the look i would like be convertet to BB

Looks great with main wheel and the animation

I also think this line up takes up smaller space than Hyperspin?

Main Wheel

bild.thumb.png.c86d25e650f23b22f5be6d5dfb49bb78.png

Game wheelbild.thumb.png.d135f28a5cf3e10a246d04583aba2147.pngbild.thumb.png.833d3d77811a5b683df59adf39e607d9.png

bild.thumb.png.4ca76ff2d000feb0c549ec461fd04d1b.png

bild.thumb.png.91b6d3a93ac4aa2fdac37f069288742b.pngbild.thumb.png.f4cd036b5110a013047410a1b633d603.png

bild.png

bild.png

bild.png

Edited by Zeaede
  • Like 2

On 9/4/2020 at 7:23 PM, Zeaede said:

This is something i had in mind

I think it's looks nice and clean game wheel have game titles, gamepad, old monitor tv and the actual game as background but you can see the game fast

This is the look i would like be convertet to BB

Looks great with main wheel and the animation

I also think this line up takes up smaller space than Hyperspin?

That's exactly what I want. Although I would make the screens a little bigger for easier recognition.

I came to the forums for this specific reason to post a new topic on this... But more specifically, the new CoinOPS DIAMONDS build that just recently released. It focuses on arcade games, but it looks awesome! I'm going to download it and grab the artwork... the team created high quality full arcade cabinet artwork for a ton of arcade games. I would imagine it shouldn't be too tough to integrate them into a current BigBox theme, or use it as a template to recreate the CoinOPS DIAMONDS build.

Count me in too, as I'd love to see a BigBox theme which uses the artwork, patterns, scheme from CoinOps! As much as I appreciate and enjoy the amazing work they've put into coinops, it uses the frontend RetroFE which is quite limited in functions and the wheel lags terribly while scrolling through the game/system choices, making for a somewhat annoying experience.

2 hours ago, PanteraZombie said:

I came to the forums for this specific reason to post a new topic on this... But more specifically, the new CoinOPS DIAMONDS build that just recently released. It focuses on arcade games, but it looks awesome! I'm going to download it and grab the artwork... the team created high quality full arcade cabinet artwork for a ton of arcade games. I would imagine it shouldn't be too tough to integrate them into a current BigBox theme, or use it as a template to recreate the CoinOPS DIAMONDS build.

The new CoinOps Diamonds does look impressive, I agree. There are some views that could be done in BigBox, like this one (for the GEMS edition of CoinOps Next 2), but it should bundle all the artwork with the theme. If it relies on the images a user has it will not look good at all. For the filtering, I guess it would be possible to build a plugin or something to do it. We could give it a go once we finish this theme :)

imagen.thumb.png.d66fd0a859f2ea7f69acb7730aff71b5.pngNow, there are other views that rely on 3 media elements (images or videos) of 3 different games at the same time on screen. Those are not possible to build at this time on BigBox, as we only have access to media of 2 games (and only during the selection of the game, once selected, we only have access to the media of that one game).

5 minutes ago, CMOSS said:

The new CoinOps Diamonds does look impressive, I agree. There are some views that could be done in BigBox, like this one (for the GEMS edition of CoinOps Next 2), but it should bundle all the artwork with the theme. If it relies on the images a user has it will not look good at all. For the filtering, I guess it would be possible to build a plugin or something to do it. We could give it a go once we finish this theme :)

imagen.thumb.png.d66fd0a859f2ea7f69acb7730aff71b5.pngNow, there are other views that rely on 3 media elements (images or videos) of 3 different games at the same time on screen. Those are not possible to build at this time on BigBox, as we only have access to media of 2 games (and only during the selection of the game, once selected, we only have access to the media of that one game).

It would be pretty awesome to have these views in a BigBox theme. I was actually thinking more along the lines of grabbing those custom made arcade cabinet overlays for specific arcade games to replace the generic arcade cabinet we have in some of the BigBox arcade views. I believe there's roughly about 400 arcade game specific cabinets in the Diamonds build that would look awesome in the BigBox Unified themes, or any others where a cabinet is showing the game snap video. And for the games that don't have them, revert back to the current default generic cabinet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PanteraZombie said:

It would be pretty awesome to have these views in a BigBox theme. I was actually thinking more along the lines of grabbing those custom made arcade cabinet overlays for specific arcade games to replace the generic arcade cabinet we have in some of the BigBox arcade views. I believe there's roughly about 400 arcade game specific cabinets in the Diamonds build that would look awesome in the BigBox Unified themes, or any others where a cabinet is showing the game snap video. And for the games that don't have them, revert back to the current default generic cabinet.

I would definetely like to explore this soon.

• Like 1

This is one of those views that we cannot do on BigBox. The game on the left and right of the selected should be a fixed image, not a playing video.

imagen.thumb.png.8bb00a06472932d0a0154c1d10ebfd71.pngIt looks like the new CoinOps comes with a whole bundle of themes, and some of them could be replicated into BigBox :)

Edited by CMOSS
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, CMOSS said:

This is one of those views that we cannot do on BigBox. The game on the left and right of the selected should be a fixed image, not a playing video.

imagen.thumb.png.8bb00a06472932d0a0154c1d10ebfd71.pngIt looks like the new CoinOps comes with a whole bundle of themes, and some of them could be replicated into BigBox :)

Yeah, I wasn't sure about replicating this view necessarily... just using the cabinet art. I may mess around this weekend with the Unified Redux theme's XAML view file for the wheel and see if I can have it point to the matching game cabinets.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, damageinc86 said:

Yeah that cabinet artwork looks really good.  It would be fun to browse cabs like that.  Or browse full cabs.  I like the other views too, but I don't want to switch frontends, I love Launchbox.  But some of these other themes and artwork are really great.

I hear ya, I bought the lifetime license and plan to use it for that long. But adding assets like these and customizing and fine tuning my LaunchBox build is always fun and will probably never end lol.

Just now, PanteraZombie said:

I hear ya, I bought the lifetime license and plan to use it for that long. But adding assets like these and customizing and fine tuning my LaunchBox build is always fun and will probably never end lol.

Oh I know about it!  I'm still working my way through my genre art for the banner box theme.  Little by little over the last 4 months.  Still have a lot to go, but it will look amazing when finished.  

P.S.  which album is your favorite?  Far beyond driven?  La sexorcisto?