LaunchBox Community Forums

The POC - A Nice View of the New Walls

faeran

21 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

It does show on the default. The POC is the only theme this issue appears. 

So, I just want to make sure that what you are testing for each theme is specifically the text based menu platform views, and not any of the other views.

I just went through about 8 themes and none of them showed the marquee on text list platform views.

Ahhh. That's it. The theme specific overrides have wheel views saved for platforms. Traditionally I use text list for all my views as I prefer that. Recently testing a couple themes for a friend I changed to wheel view for platforms. I will reach out to Jason to see why text list for platforms will not show marquees.

• 2 weeks later...

People, have a different problem here.
Could someone tell me why Platform banners look moved quite to the top here, of if is there something I could edit to fix this?

I know that image position has a better logic if is used for a gamelist, since it uses 2 images instead of 1... but I actually want to use this for Platforms.
I haven't touched a thing here yet, 

Thanks in advance!

001 detail.jpg

Edited by KaaMoS

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/18/2021 at 10:24 PM, fdsighfiusgheiu3 said:

@faeran Excellent theme! Used all the views and eventually settled on Wall View 2. A few questions, with screenshot attached:

1. How to change the 'genre' tag to a 'platform/system' tag instead? NES, PS2 for example.

2. What do I need to edit to remove the 'game description' blurb? It's not really essential for my use case.

3. How can I set the main background to be a static image?

4. How do I set the game thumbnails to use something other than the title screen image? I tried setting screenshot image priority to screenshot - gameplay, but it ended up not playing the background videos.

POC.jpg

Thanks @fdsighfiusgheiu3.

Let's see how much of this I can answer:

1. You'll need to replace the following line of code within Wall2GamesView.xaml:

<TextBlock x:Name="ActiveGame_Genre1" Visibility="Collapsed" Text="{Binding ActiveGame.GenresString, Converter={StaticResource ReturnElementX},ConverterParameter='1'}" />

with this:

<TextBlock x:Name="ActiveGame_Genre1" Visibility="Collapsed" Text="{Binding ActiveGame.Platform}" />

2. Remove all of this from Wall2GamesView.xaml:

<!-- Game Description -->
			<Grid x:Name="TextScroller1" Width="{Binding ElementName=Canvas,Path=ActualWidth,Converter={StaticResource ScalePropertyValueD},ConverterParameter=W;850;1920}" Height="{Binding ElementName=Canvas,Path=ActualHeight,Converter={StaticResource ScalePropertyValueD},ConverterParameter=H;150;1080}" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" Visibility="Visible" RenderTransformOrigin="0.5,0.5" Panel.ZIndex="25"  >
				<Grid x:Name="TextScroller1scrollarea" RenderTransformOrigin=".5,.5">
					<Rectangle VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="{Binding ElementName=TextScroller1, Path=ActualWidth}" Height="{Binding ElementName=TextScroller1, Path=ActualHeight}" Opacity="0" Fill="Black" >

</Rectangle>
					<Grid x:Name="TextScroller1_Vertical">

<Viewbox >
							<DockPanel Width="{Binding ElementName=TextScroller1, Path=ActualWidth}" Height="{Binding ElementName=TextScroller1, Path=ActualHeight}" HorizontalAlignment="Center"  >
								<Canvas Name="TextScroller1_VScrollingTextBlockCanvas" ClipToBounds="True"  >
									<controls:ScrollableTextBlock x:Name="TextScroller1text" LineStackingStrategy="BlockLineHeight" TextAlignment="Left"
										FontFamily="LAUNCHBOX_ROOT_FOLDER/Themes/The POC/Fonts/Oswald-Light.ttf#Oswald Light" Foreground="#D2D2D2" Opacity="0.9" TextWrapping="Wrap"
										Width="{Binding ElementName=TextScroller1scrollarea, Path=ActualWidth}" ScrollBeginDelay="6" ScrollSpeed="6"
										ScrollEndDelay="6" ReverseScrollSpeed="0.5" ScrollDirection="Up"
										Text="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.Notes, Converter={StaticResource UseValueOrFallbackWithFormat},ConverterParameter=';None;No'}" ScrollAutoReverse="True"
										FontSize="{Binding ElementName=Canvas,Path=ActualHeight, Converter={StaticResource ScalePropertyValueD}, ConverterParameter=FontSize;18;1080}" >

</controls:ScrollableTextBlock>
								</Canvas>
							</DockPanel>
						</Viewbox>
					</Grid>
					<Grid.RenderTransform>
						<TransformGroup>
							<RotateTransform Angle="0" />
							<ScaleTransform ScaleX="1" ScaleY="1" />
							<SkewTransform  AngleX="0" AngleY="0" />
						</TransformGroup>
					</Grid.RenderTransform>
					<Grid.Style>
						<Style TargetType="Grid" >
							<Setter Property="Width" Value="{Binding ElementName=TextScroller1,Path=ActualWidth}" />
							<Setter Property="Height" Value="{Binding ElementName=TextScroller1,Path=ActualHeight}" />
							<Style.Triggers>
								<DataTrigger Binding="{Binding ElementName=TextScroller1, Path=Width}" Value="NaN"   >
									<Setter Property="Width" Value="Auto" />
								</DataTrigger>
								<DataTrigger Binding="{Binding ElementName=TextScroller1, Path=Height}" Value="NaN"   >
									<Setter Property="Height" Value="Auto" />
								</DataTrigger>
							</Style.Triggers>
						</Style>
					</Grid.Style>
				</Grid>
				<Grid.RenderTransform>
					<TransformGroup>
						<SkewTransform AngleX="0" AngleY="0"/>
						<RotateTransform Angle="0"/>
						<TranslateTransform X="{Binding ElementName=Canvas,Path=ActualWidth,Converter={StaticResource ScalePropertyValueD},ConverterParameter=X;129;1920}" Y="{Binding ElementName=Canvas,Path=ActualHeight,Converter={StaticResource ScalePropertyValueD},ConverterParameter=Y;200;1080}" />
					</TransformGroup>
				</Grid.RenderTransform>

</Grid>

3. If you have one image you want to use for this view, you'll want to place it within the following folder: \\Launchbox\Themes\The POC\Media\

Then, replace this code:

<Image x:Name="Image1img"
					HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Top" Opacity="1.0"
					RenderTransformOrigin=".5,.5" Stretch="UniformToFill" StretchDirection="Both" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" Source="{Binding ElementName=Image1imagepath, Path=Text}" >

With this, remembering to change "static.png" to the name of your image file:

<Image x:Name="Image1img"
					HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Top" Opacity="1.0"
					RenderTransformOrigin=".5,.5" Stretch="UniformToFill" StretchDirection="Both" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/The POC/Media/static.png" >

Then you'll probably want to get rid of the animation, so delete this:

<!-- Storyboards -->
			<TextBlock Text="{Binding Path=NavigationStartedCounter, NotifyOnTargetUpdated=True}" Visibility="Collapsed">
				<TextBlock.Triggers>
					<EventTrigger RoutedEvent="Binding.TargetUpdated">
						<BeginStoryboard x:Name="Image1_SB1" HandoffBehavior="Compose">
							<Storyboard AutoReverse="False" >
								<DoubleAnimation Storyboard.TargetName="Image1" Storyboard.TargetProperty="Opacity"
									BeginTime="00:00:00" To="0" Duration="00:00:00.2">
									<DoubleAnimation.EasingFunction>
										<PowerEase EasingMode="EaseInOut"/>
									</DoubleAnimation.EasingFunction>
								</DoubleAnimation>
							</Storyboard>
						</BeginStoryboard>
					</EventTrigger>
				</TextBlock.Triggers>
			</TextBlock>
			<TextBlock Text="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.Title, NotifyOnTargetUpdated=True}" Visibility="Collapsed">
				<TextBlock.Triggers>
					<EventTrigger RoutedEvent="Binding.TargetUpdated">
						<BeginStoryboard x:Name="Image1_SB2" HandoffBehavior="Compose">
							<Storyboard AutoReverse="False" >
								<DoubleAnimation Storyboard.TargetName="Image1" Storyboard.TargetProperty="Opacity"
									BeginTime="00:00:00" To="1" Duration="00:00:00.5">
									<DoubleAnimation.EasingFunction>
										<PowerEase EasingMode="EaseInOut"/>
									</DoubleAnimation.EasingFunction>
								</DoubleAnimation>
							</Storyboard>
						</BeginStoryboard>
					</EventTrigger>
				</TextBlock.Triggers>
			</TextBlock>

4. This is all handled within the LaunchBox settings, using the Media priority options. Make sure you have gameplay screenshots for your games, then go into LaunchBox options, into Media > Screenshot Priorities, and have the Screenshot - Gameplay checked and at the top of your list. For video, make sure you have Video Snap checked and at the top of your list for Video Priorities. Here are some screenshots for reference.

image.thumb.png.eb4d81798dc14097239898705f76947b.png

image.thumb.png.70717808034dd86bc07d2eed7be13e4a.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gimpy said:

For some reason, regardless of theme, Launchbox totally ignores my media priorities, it uses video themes even if I have them unticked, can't figure it out

Are your theme videos in the parent platform name video folder and not in the Videos/Platform name/Themes folder? Cause it sure sounds like it.

I cant seem to get the second screenshot view, no matter how many times i change the game view details inside big box theme specific options, i have all artwork and screenshot priorities set correct. 

Capture.PNG

Edited by mullerb

15 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Are your theme videos in the parent platform name video folder and not in the Videos/Platform name/Themes folder? Cause it sure sounds like it.

Double checked and they actually are where they should be. 

Video Themes

image.thumb.png.51834e9853fe4ea1594ae6674379e7fa.png

Video Snaps

image.thumb.png.2d611eb16992a2d63ae99821ff6bc1f1.png

Video Priorities
image.thumb.png.d270ecb50ec99ca81bc644d4a31e8e36.png

You can see here, it still plays the video theme on selection

image.thumb.png.1f07f7c8d3c819d2a4a074f50300eb5d.png

Unless I have completely misunderstood what you meant?

Edited by Gimpy

Hey @Gimpy, I have good news and bad news. Good news is you're not crazy! I read through the thread and was looking at the code to see if I could find a reason for what you were seeing and there it was, a nasty little bug (which of course is the bad news). But never fear, for more good news approaches! I have the bug corrected in our dev environment and it should be corrected in the next release. I also have a work around for you until then. Navigate to \\Launchbox\Themes\The POC\Views\Wall2GamesView.xaml. Open that file up in a text editor (notepad is fine). Go to line 270 and change that line from

<coverFlow:FlowVideo x:Key="FlowVideo" StretchVideo="True">

into

<coverFlow:FlowVideo x:Key="FlowVideo" StretchVideo="True" VideoType="Video Snap">

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, fdsighfiusgheiu3 said:

@faeran Thank you SO much for the help! I honestly didn't expect a response so it's much appreciated. :)

There's one more issue left: How do I shift the tiles up to fill the empty space left from deleting the description blurb? Screenshot attached. 

Empty Space.jpg

There's 2 more lines you'll need to adjust to accomplish this.

Change:

<coverFlow:FlowControl x:Name="FlowControl" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VisibleCount="15" SelectedScale="1.1,1.1" SelectedOffset="0,0,1" Columns="4" Rows="3" NavigationRows="1" ItemSpacing="0.08,-0.8" RenderTransformOrigin=".5,.5" Width="{Binding ElementName=Canvas,Path=ActualWidth,Converter={StaticResource ScalePropertyValueD},ConverterParameter=W;1920;1920}" Height="{Binding ElementName=Canvas,Path=ActualHeight,Converter={StaticResource ScalePropertyValueD},ConverterParameter=H;700;1080}">

To this:

<coverFlow:FlowControl x:Name="FlowControl" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VisibleCount="15" SelectedScale="1.1,1.1" SelectedOffset="0,0,1" Columns="4" Rows="3" NavigationRows="1" ItemSpacing="0.08,-0.8" RenderTransformOrigin=".5,.5" Width="{Binding ElementName=Canvas,Path=ActualWidth,Converter={StaticResource ScalePropertyValueD},ConverterParameter=W;1920;1920}" Height="{Binding ElementName=Canvas,Path=ActualHeight,Converter={StaticResource ScalePropertyValueD},ConverterParameter=H;860;1080}">

And then change:

<TranslateTransform X="{Binding ElementName=Canvas,Path=ActualWidth,Converter={StaticResource ScalePropertyValueD},ConverterParameter=X;0;1920}" Y="{Binding ElementName=Canvas,Path=ActualHeight,Converter={StaticResource ScalePropertyValueD},ConverterParameter=Y;380;1080}" />

To this:

<TranslateTransform X="{Binding ElementName=Canvas,Path=ActualWidth,Converter={StaticResource ScalePropertyValueD},ConverterParameter=X;0;1920}" Y="{Binding ElementName=Canvas,Path=ActualHeight,Converter={StaticResource ScalePropertyValueD},ConverterParameter=Y;220;1080}" />

That should make the menu box larger and adjust the positioning of it to match.

On 6/22/2021 at 11:55 PM, fdsighfiusgheiu3 said:

@faeran Cheers, worked like a charm! One final (hopefully) thing I'd like to tweak: There's currently a delay between when I switch games and when the info in the upper left updates. How do I eliminate that and make it instant?

POC Delay.gif

Oh, yes, you can definitely do this.

Find all these lines, and change every instance of "Binding Path=ActiveGame" to "Binding Path=SelectedGame". Changing them to SelectedGame will make the fields update immediately as you change your selected game.

<TextBlock x:Name="Text1text" Opacity="0.9" Foreground="White" FontFamily="LAUNCHBOX_ROOT_FOLDER/Themes/The POC/Fonts/Oswald-Medium.ttf#Oswald Medium" FontStyle="Normal" FontWeight="Normal" TextAlignment="Left" TextWrapping="NoWrap" TextTrimming="CharacterEllipsis" VerticalAlignment="Top" Text="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.Title, Converter={StaticResource UseValueOrFallbackWithFormat},ConverterParameter=';All uppercase;No'}" RenderTransformOrigin=".5,.5" FontSize="{Binding ElementName=Canvas,Path=ActualHeight, Converter={StaticResource ScalePropertyValueD}, ConverterParameter=FontSize;45;1080}" >
<TextBlock x:Name="Text4text" Opacity="1.0" Foreground="White" FontFamily="LAUNCHBOX_ROOT_FOLDER/Themes/The POC/Fonts/BebasNeue.otf#Bebas Neue Bold" FontStyle="Normal" FontWeight="Normal"	TextAlignment="Left" TextWrapping="NoWrap" TextTrimming="None" VerticalAlignment="Top" Text="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.Developer, Converter={StaticResource UseValueOrFallbackWithFormat},ConverterParameter=';None;No'}" RenderTransformOrigin=".5,.5" FontSize="{Binding ElementName=Canvas,Path=ActualHeight, Converter={StaticResource ScalePropertyValueD}, ConverterParameter=FontSize;20;1080}" >
<TextBlock x:Name="variableReleaseDate2" Text="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.ReleaseDate}" Visibility="Collapsed"/>
<TextBlock x:Name="ActiveGame_Genre1" Visibility="Collapsed" Text="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.Platform}" />

On another note: what program you use to make the gif?

19 hours ago, C-Beats said:

@Gimpy The correction to your reported issue in is the current beta build. Would appreciate if you can confirm in that thread if the issue has been resolved for you.

Seems to be all sorted for me now mate, appreciate it

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, fdsighfiusgheiu3 said:

@faeran Okay, after using the theme for a week I have one more question:

I want to configure the 'fade start time' and 'fade duration' for the game thumbnail and game logo, how do I do this? For example, I want to sync the game thumbnail and logo images so they both begin to fade x seconds after being highlighted, and fade for x seconds. 

Sure. Open up the Wall2GamesView.xaml, and change this line:

<DoubleAnimation BeginTime="0:0:4" Duration="0:0:0.5" Storyboard.TargetProperty="Opacity" To="0"/>

To this:

<DoubleAnimation BeginTime="0:0:2" Duration="0:0:0.5" Storyboard.TargetProperty="Opacity" To="0"/>

That should do it. Let me know if it doesn't.

• Thanks 1

Hello.  I'm on LaunchBox 11.12.  I've tried installing and reinstalling this theme several times, but no matter what I do, whenever I go to one of the platforms that has a customized wall games view, I get this:

image.thumb.png.21bc802f328591dde8540c83162f62c6.png

I see that the offending line is

<community:ReturnElementX                   x:Key="ReturnElementX"/>

and I tried to Google around for that, but nothing comes up.  I did not change my system names from the default, so for example, GB is "Nintendo Game Boy," no custom names.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

Edited by Procyon
remove unnecessary image.

1 minute ago, Procyon said:

Hello.  I'm on LaunchBox 11.12.  I've tried installing and reinstalling this theme several times, but no matter what I do, whenever I go to one of the platforms that has a customized wall games view, I get this:

image.thumb.png.21bc802f328591dde8540c83162f62c6.png

I see that the offending line is

<community:ReturnElementX                   x:Key="ReturnElementX"/>

and I tried to Google around for that, but nothing comes up.  I did not change my system names from the default, so for example, GB is "Nintendo Game Boy," no custom names.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

image.png

If I had to make a quick guess. Your computer may be blocking the plugins that the theme requires to work. You can try and right clicking the theme's zip file and go into Properties and unblock the file. Then try to extract it again.

The unblock button should look something like this: https://shorturl.at/mwADI

7 minutes ago, faeran said:

If I had to make a quick guess. Your computer may be blocking the plugins that the theme requires to work. You can try and right clicking the theme's zip file and go into Properties and unblock the file. Then try to extract it again.

The unblock button should look something like this: https://shorturl.at/mwADI

Thanks for the reply.  I just checked the properties of the zip file.  Windows was not blocking it.  In my Plugins folder, I have three files: COMMUNITYc153.dll, COMMUNITYcontrols066.dll, and COMMUNITYlb06.dll.  The path to my Plugins folder is C:\tools\LaunchBox\Themes\The POC\Plugins, so it should be able to find those dlls, correct?