LaunchBox Community Forums

The LaunchBox 2021 Community Poll

faeran

The 2021 LaunchBox Community Poll  

1,092 members have voted

The results of the poll will be posted after the poll is completed.

This poll is closed to new votes

15 hours ago, Raw64life said:

I would love this feature, except for the Region field rather than the content rating. The lack of this feature is single-handedly keeping me from working on my setup any further Launchbox at the moment.

I think there should be multiple fields you can lock out. Region, rating, (including games that have no rating), even entire platforms should be able to be locked out. 

• Like 2

Just wanted to ask how the suggested games/recommended games would work.

Are they just from the same series? So if I play Super Mario Bros, launchbox recommends Super Mario Bros 2 & 3.

Or will this be based off of what others that played the game also played?

Or is this downloaded from the database? So users submit recommended games for each game?

Edited by Hazuki

On 7/28/2021 at 4:09 PM, Corgana said:

A feature I'd love to see is custom menu hierarchies. For example when starting Big Box I'd like to see the platform list, but have "handhelds" as it's own category.

Somewhat related, I'd like to be able to nest platforms together,  for example putting Sega CD and 32X as sub-options under "Genesis" instead of each a separate platform.

Just a heads up, this is already a thing. You could technically do both, but in your case I wouldn't recommend doing both at the same time if you wanted any consistency to your list. Just use Platform Categories. When I open BigBox, I see Arcade, Handheld, Console, Computers (for old emulated computers, Commodore etc.), Computer Software (For DOS, Steam Windows Games etc.), and Favorites. These last two are custom; you can use this function however you want. Basically you're nesting "platforms" into a category higher up. You COULD make a platform category called Genesis for instance, and put Sega CD and 32x inside it and "handhelds" is autogenerated so you probably already have it. Anyway, didn't look like anyone addressed this specifically. It's simple to do, hit me up if you have any questions.  

• Like 1

Then add your feedback about tabs and not fill up the thread with all your other baggage posts. As it stands right now your tabs suggestion is being drowned out with excessive complaining about something not even done yet, not to mention the off topic whining about the previous poll.

3 hours ago, fromlostdays said:

Just a heads up, this is already a thing. You could technically do both, but in your case I wouldn't recommend doing both at the same time if you wanted any consistency to your list. Just use Platform Categories. When I open BigBox, I see Arcade, Handheld, Console, Computers (for old emulated computers, Commodore etc.), Computer Software (For DOS, Steam Windows Games etc.), and Favorites. These last two are custom; you can use this function however you want. Basically you're nesting "platforms" into a category higher up. You COULD make a platform category called Genesis for instance, and put Sega CD and 32x inside it and "handhelds" is autogenerated so you probably already have it. Anyway, didn't look like anyone addressed this specifically. It's simple to do, hit me up if you have any questions.  

Amazing thanks I had no idea!

Now all I need is to be able to bind a controller button to "view sub-category"...

I missed a question about the media management. if I can limited the amount of media files per media type (i.e. 3D BoxArt) how can I ensure the same style is always the "first" one to have a harmonised set. at this moment it takes too much time to make the presented  Games "sexy". 

• faeran unlocked this topic