LaunchBox Community Forums

11.17 Beta Testing

faeran

11.17 Beta 1 is now out with the following changes:

• Improvement: The LaunchBox Export to Android wizard has been updated with some additional supported platforms
  • Fixed: Amazon Poster was incorrectly being added to Box Front Priorities on start up
  • Fixed: Could not save image type priorities when no image type was selected (introduced in 11.16)
  • Fixed: Sorting by some fields in the LaunchBox list view was not working
  • Fixed: Invalid characters in XML data files were causing errors on startup (introduced in 11.16)

@JaysArcade, @lexx, @xevidroid. Your issues should be fixed in this beta. Please confirm when you can.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Wanderer189 said:

When trying to download some missing media in Windows platform, this is what I am getting if I choose Epic as a source with the other sources...

Untitled.jpg

Just tested this and I was able to load up that page just fine, but it does flash white while the page loads. So all I can figure is that this was some kind of connection issue. Have you tried again to see if it happens every time?

Something I noticed with 11.17 Beta 2 is higher than usual memory usage (not a big deal for me since I have 32gb but just wanted to mention my observation), and once someone (or the attract mode) cycles through some lists the memory usage climbs but then doesn't get released so just cycling through platform categories keeps ram at normal but after entering some categories and consoles it can climb up to 2gb and not decrease without a reboot. Compared to 11.15 where it would climb when initially changing categories etc but would quickly settle back around 600-1000mb.

I wonder about a possible bug in the current Beta. When I am scrolling through games in Launchbox (CPC in this case), the video snap sound seems to get "stuck" - in that I will scroll on to different games, but the sound from one of the previous ones keeps playing. Sound from the currently selected game video plays over the top. If I scroll back to the offending game, then the sound plays over the top of the original sound (i.e. the same sound plays twice at the same time).

Even if I reduce the volume wheel in Launchbox to zero, this sound keeps playing at the same volume. After I close Launchbox, the music stops after around 10 seconds.

Edited by Retrofrogg

1 hour ago, Retrofrogg said:

the sound from one of the previous ones keeps playing

I had this happen just this weekend, but also in the past with older LB versions, on several occasions.  Can't say for sure how many versions ago, but at least 2 or 3 (full versions). Maybe 4.  

Anyway, I only noticed it happening when doing a ton of LB maintenance/testing:  adding/removing   games/platforms/media/etc.  I just figured LaunchBox was starting to get annoyed of all my messing around.  A polite exit, wait several seconds, and restart LB "cured" it every time.  I've never had it happen when just "surfing" my LB collection and playing various games.

2 hours ago, Retrofrogg said:

the music stops after around 10 seconds.

That's the 'sound' of a good buffer. lol :D

21 hours ago, Retrofrogg said:

I wonder about a possible bug in the current Beta. When I am scrolling through games in Launchbox (CPC in this case), the video snap sound seems to get "stuck" - in that I will scroll on to different games, but the sound from one of the previous ones keeps playing. Sound from the currently selected game video plays over the top. If I scroll back to the offending game, then the sound plays over the top of the original sound (i.e. the same sound plays twice at the same time).

Even if I reduce the volume wheel in Launchbox to zero, this sound keeps playing at the same volume. After I close Launchbox, the music stops after around 10 seconds.

Hi @Retrofrogg

I haven't been able to duplicate this on my end. Does this happen every time you are scrolling through LaunchBox, or is it more random?

Also:

• Do you have videos set to auto-play?
  • Are your options set to use VLC or WMP?