LaunchBox Community Forums

12.4 Beta Testing

faeran

Hi everyone,

The first 12.4 beta has been released. We are looking for this to be a bugfix build that will solve some nagging issues.

Here are the release notes for beta 1:

• Fixed: Crash in the Download Platform/Playlist/Category Theme Videos tool when no EmuMovies credentials were set
  • Fixed: The Download Metadata and Media Wizard will now run the tool against your entire library when no items in your library are selected
  • Fixed: The Play option is no longer disabled for GOG games that aren't installed, if you have the GOG client installed
  • Fixed: Using Platform Banners in a FlowImage was causing black borders to be generated on the image

All testing on the above is much appreciated.

• Like 4

Has loading alternate apps been removed? I'm combining my Daphne game versions  like say dragon's lair v1, and v2. 

When i right click on  the parent Dragon's lair, i don't have play version... i can only play the parent.

Games that i had combined before the upgrade do show play version. 

12 hours ago, maabus said:

Has loading alternate apps been removed? I'm combining my Daphne game versions  like say dragon's lair v1, and v2. 

When i right click on  the parent Dragon's lair, i don't have play version... i can only play the parent.

Games that i had combined before the upgrade do show play version. 

No. We would never remove that. In the context menu changes introduced in 12.2 we attempt to syphon your apps into 1 of 3 buckets, each with their own home now in the context menu.

Versions - Other playable versions of the game
Apps - Applications added to add functionality, or helper apps that aren't the game itself
Documents - Extra documentation like manuals, magazines, cheat sheets, etc that have been added to the game.

Versions and Apps should appear in the root toward the top by Play, Documents are in the media section. No app should be hidden from the context menu though.

Thanks @C-Beats

Yeah i saw that change with the other beta release, and like I said I do see that with my other systems. Just this new system is not showing version and apps. 

I'm going to delete all of my Daphne games and try reimporting them. This is the same system I had reported an error on earlier for this beta release. After rebooting my system the error went away, but maybe there was something else that was bad. 

@C-Beats

Im not sure is this is on the beta side or something else. I deleted my Daphne system, and i'm just importing a few games to start with. I've imported Galaxy Ranger and I have both rom versions added (Hitachi, and Pioneer). When I go to combine them it asks for the root game, but it is listing totally different games. The Metadata is correct. it has the correct LB database ID. 

Screenshot-2021-11-19-093927.png

I'm combining Galaxy Ranger (Hitachi) and Galaxy Ranger (Pioneer). Hitachi and Pioneer are in the version filed. 

It is trying to combine Galaksija and Galaksija plus. 

Screenshot-2021-11-19-091341.png

I combined them and the name stayed Galaxy Ranger, but the "Play Versions" is missing. 

Screenshot-2021-11-19-092820.png

in Metadata they are listed in the alternate apps

Screenshot-2021-11-19-093117.png

My Daphne system was created after the beta update. I do have the "Play Versions" with my systems that were added before the update. 

Screenshot-2021-11-19-094253.png

Beta 2 is now out with the following fixes:

• Fixed: The checkboxes for Hide Games Marked Hidden and Hide Games Marked Broken were inverted
  • Fixed: Rare occurances of a controller support record duplicating when importing a game or using the Download Metadata and Media Wizard.

@sundogak @CriticalCid Let us know if this solves the duplication issue you were seeing.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, maabus said:

@C-Beats

Im not sure is this is on the beta side or something else. I deleted my Daphne system, and i'm just importing a few games to start with. I've imported Galaxy Ranger and I have both rom versions added (Hitachi, and Pioneer). When I go to combine them it asks for the root game, but it is listing totally different games. The Metadata is correct. it has the correct LB database ID. 

Screenshot-2021-11-19-093927.png

I'm combining Galaxy Ranger (Hitachi) and Galaxy Ranger (Pioneer). Hitachi and Pioneer are in the version filed. 

It is trying to combine Galaksija and Galaksija plus. 

Screenshot-2021-11-19-091341.png

I combined them and the name stayed Galaxy Ranger, but the "Play Versions" is missing. 

Screenshot-2021-11-19-092820.png

in Metadata they are listed in the alternate apps

Screenshot-2021-11-19-093117.png

My Daphne system was created after the beta update. I do have the "Play Versions" with my systems that were added before the update. 

Screenshot-2021-11-19-094253.png

Text files are considered documents and is probably why you aren't seeing them in versions. They are probably in your "View Documents" menu section.

6 hours ago, faeran said:

• Fixed: The checkboxes for Hide Games Marked Hidden and Hide Games Marked Broken were inverted
  • Fixed: Rare occurances of a controller support record duplicating when importing a game or using the Download Metadata and Media Wizard.

@sundogak @CriticalCid Let us know if this solves the duplication issue you were seeing.

It seems to be fixed now! I had to re-download the metadata for all games that were affected to automatically remove the duplicate controller entries that were already there. So far, all games that I’ve tested looked fine.

10 hours ago, faeran said:

Beta 2:  Seems to be fixed since not seeing any duplicates now on any of the platforms/controllers that were glitched in Beta 1 or prior. 

On 11/19/2021 at 10:30 AM, C-Beats said:

Text files are considered documents and is probably why you aren't seeing them in versions. They are probably in your "View Documents" menu section.

Thanks @C-Beats

I do see them in additional documents. Sorry for the false alarm. 

Was this changed somewhat recently? I had my Daphne system setup this way in ver 11, and was able to run the .txt as additional versions. I just recently reinstalled everything so I'm running into all the different updates features now. 

Now to figure out how to get my Daphne running with RocketLauncher again. 

Is there any way we can fix were things like Amazon Games stops hiding behind BigBox that even to Alt+TAB doesn't help show up on top of everything? This and various Windows programs seem to have trouble with being seen, and would like a way to lessen the hassle of that

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thornback said:

This might just be coincidence but having updated to 12.4 on two separate machines I cannot scrape from EmuMovies. Stuck at 'querying'. Launchbox Database is fine. 

Are the servers down or did something happen with the newest release?

It is not version related. There are several threads in the forums about this. Users are even seeing EmuSync slowing down. So looks like EmuMovies might be having some issues. Some users have just removed Emu log in details from LB for now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/28/2021 at 1:13 AM, Retro808 said:

It is not version related. There are several threads in the forums about this. Users are even seeing EmuSync slowing down. So looks like EmuMovies might be having some issues. Some users have just removed Emu log in details from LB for now.

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/64245-launchbox-wont-download-gameplay-videos-from-emu-movies/?do=findComment&comment=396980

So it is LB after all? Should we disable Emumovies in the meantime?

20 minutes ago, Thornback said:

Yeah, it does appear to be something affecting use from both sides. So I would say if you are importing and do not want to deal with the slow down I would remove log in info for EmuMovies for now.

37 minutes ago, Thornback said:

We have confirmed that it's not version related or a LaunchBox bug. Wanted to make that clear so users don't waste time downgrading LB only to still see the same issue.

EmuMovies has confirmed that they are working on upgrading their servers.

However, we will do all we can to help and we are implementing a few changes that can mitigate long load-time annoyances in the future.

For now, like @Retro808 mentioned. For now, removing the your EmuMovies credentials will remove the load times to their server.

• Like 3