LaunchBox Community Forums

Beats

View File

This theme requires LaunchBox version 13.3+

This is my default theme I use for my own LaunchBox installation. The primary changes are:

• Game Details is laid out differently with the fields always appearing "on top" at the bottom of the detail panel
  • Game Details has hyperlinks that when click automatically go to the Sidebar location that matches the selection and then refreshes the content view
  • The button bar uses iconography instead of text for the buttons
  • Progress bar size has been reduced and displayed on the right half of the screen
  • Side bar was re-arranged a bit to help with space
  • Image View center aligns items and the text is displayed under the item when "Text on all games" is enabled (and only when enabled)
  • List View is no longer a data grid and is instead a single file list of games displaying the following information
    • Game Image
    • Title
    • Platform and Release Year
    • Date Last Played and Time Played
    • Badges
    • Achievement Progress

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love this theme but i have only one very bad news.

On left bar miss a lot of icons :

AAE

Apple IIGS

Arcade Classicss (MAME)

Atari 800

Bally Astrocade

Bandai WonderSwan

Bandai WonderSwan Color

Capcom Play System 1,2 e 3

Casio PV-1000

Coleco ColecoVision

Commodore Plus 4

Commodore VIC-20

Emerson Arcadia 2001

etc..... etc.....

What can i do for to have alls???

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, marcosgaming said:

Oh yes. It's right! 

@faeran if you can tell me if you will load others icons?

Thanks. 

I love default plus theme ❤️

You can easily add your own, or rename what is already there, i renamed the genesis and sega cd ones to the megadrive versions, and i added a image for sammy atomiswave, just add them to Default Plus/Images/Icons folder.

image.thumb.png.5b7b68121006f528fae73429cc5daf94.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Theme has been updated to 1.4 with the following changes:

LaunchBox requirement changed to 12.13 or newer.

- List View is no longer a data grid and is instead a single file list of games displaying the following information
          - Game Image
          - Title
          - Platform and Release Year
          - Date Last Played and Time Played
          - Badges

• 1 month later...

I've been using this theme for a while, and I really like it.  Thanks for putting it together.

One question... is there any way to display the game titles under the game (box front) thumbnail (like with the default theme) instead of as an overlay?  I have "text on all games" checked in the options, but the text always shows as an overlay.

Thanks for the help.

6 hours ago, xmas said:

Theme stopped working after 12.15 beta1 update.(platform details also doesn't work) I have repaired and did everything I could. Maybe I should wait until next beta?

Did you download the latest update for the theme? Just tested and it works fine. C-Beats updated the theme due to 12.15 beta1's new features.

Yes, I have updated to 1.5. Please check the differences between 1.3 and 1.5. I haven't touched any setting just switched themes.

Things I have noticed is that:

1. Custom background color is not applying.

2. Game title is no longer under box art.

3. Badges are no longer inside box art.

4. Platform bar fonts spacing is no longer neat and tight.

5. (with 1.5) Platform Details clear logo and video playback doesn't seem to work. I confirmed it works fine with default theme (both logo and video after I turned on video preview option)

Beats 1.3

585846468_Beats1.3.thumb.png.8a5dfb44c5c7f12bcc7a7db53fba6fd1.png

Beats 1.5

819334710_Beats1.5.thumb.png.6ac3b588ae79c88d7d2dfc4b7f36c889.png

Default Theme with Platform Preview working

1098437874_DefaultThemewithPlatformPreview.thumb.png.2a51234f4043e2be30482b881f79c9cc.png

Edited by xmas

On 8/24/2022 at 9:54 AM, C-Beats said:

Not sure what you mean. You mean you don't want the game title under the image, but IN the image like Default does?

Sorry, I probably didn't explain very well... I actually don't want it "in the image" (like an overlay), but this is the only way I can get it.  I want to put the game title under the image, as you said, but can't figure out how to do that.

@xmas I believe you're getting tripped up on a bug in the Themes Manager that was discovered yesterday. To get around this set Default as your theme and let the themes manager restart LaunchBox. Then go back into the Themes Manager and select Beats, then press the "Repair" button to let it pull down the theme again. Once it's done set your theme back to Beats and you should be good to go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drybonz said:

Sorry, I probably didn't explain very well... I actually don't want it "in the image" (like an overlay), but this is the only way I can get it.  I want to put the game title under the image, as you said, but can't figure out how to do that.

Then you have me even more confused because in Beats the only way to see the title of the game IS below the image. If you're not seeing things that way please read my previous post and follow those steps. You're theme may have been corrupted by a bug we discovered in Themes Manager.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, C-Beats said:

@xmas I believe you're getting tripped up on a bug in the Themes Manager that was discovered yesterday. To get around this set Default as your theme and let the themes manager restart LaunchBox. Then go back into the Themes Manager and select Beats, then press the "Repair" button to let it pull down the theme again. Once it's done set your theme back to Beats and you should be good to go.

Followed your steps and everything works perfect now. For Platform details, video preview works good and there's text for platform name instead of clear logo. But, I'm happy with your theme and have no complains. Thanks for nice theme, C-Beats!

4 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Then you have me even more confused because in Beats the only way to see the title of the game IS below the image. If you're not seeing things that way please read my previous post and follow those steps. You're theme may have been corrupted by a bug we discovered in Themes Manager.

Yes... that did the trick.  Thank you.  It also fixed the spacing on the platforms text.  It had been showing as the wider spacing, like the default theme.  Anyway, this fixed it.  Thanks again.

• 1 month later...
On 8/27/2022 at 9:48 PM, C-Beats said:

I believe you're getting tripped up on a bug in the Themes Manager that was discovered yesterday. To get around this set Default as your theme and let the themes manager restart LaunchBox. Then go back into the Themes Manager and select Beats, then press the "Repair" button to let it pull down the theme again. Once it's done set your theme back to Beats and you should be good to go.

Should this work for all themes?  I still can't get the "text on all games" to work for the default plus theme, even after I repair it.  Just wondering if this is theme related or a general bug?

12 hours ago, Drybonz said:

Should this work for all themes?  I still can't get the "text on all games" to work for the default plus theme, even after I repair it.  Just wondering if this is theme related or a general bug?

You'd need to ask on that theme. Theme's don't HAVE to use your settings and that one may have hard coded text on or off. I'm not real familiar with that theme to be able to tell you what was done.