LaunchBox Community Forums

12.15 Beta Thread

faeran

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

Yeah, that is caused because of your additional application's name not being the same as what we default now.

ok, then it belongs to the category feature request, when it should work like i want?

Or can you tell me what is default? So i can rename it to fit your defaults.

Edited by Isoku

Occasionally when editing platform details on beta 3 I get this error on pressing OK. Anyone else? It typically happens when editing the Notes tab.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 12.15-beta-3
Type:    System.NullReferenceException
Site:    Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Data.Platform (System.Object)
Source:  LaunchBox

at (Object )
   at ProcMessage.CalculateFocusMap(Object , ProcMessage )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.ManagePlatformsViewModel.CollectPrincipalWrapper()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.CountObservableProcess(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.StartCommonCallback()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Recent Log:

7:59:18 PM Exception

Edited by Thornback

5 minutes ago, Drybonz said:

Not sure if this is a new bug, or something on my end, but at the end of the MAME import wizard, I get "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error.

Same error reference as above. Could be entirely unrelated but I would be grateful if this was looked into.

13 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Can you paste the whole thing here?

That was the exact quote... but I think I see what happened.  The name of the MAME exe changed from MAMEUI64 to just MAMEUI some time recently... so during the wizard I edit/changed the emulator, but this seems to be throwing the error because if I went back to that point in the wizard my edits to the emulator were gone/reset.

*edit*  The way that I fixed it and finished the import was to cancel out of the wizard and go in and change the emulator before I restarted the wizard.

Edited by Drybonz

5 minutes ago, Drybonz said:

That was the exact quote...

Errors pop up with both the error thrown and the stack trace (if you're referring to the error window popup). I need the whole text in that window since the stack trace will show where in the code the error was thrown and allow me to fix it. Without it there isn't much I can do until I replicate the issue.

5 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Errors pop up with both the error thrown and the stack trace (if you're referring to the error window popup). I need the whole text in that window since the stack trace will show where in the code the error was thrown and allow me to fix it. Without it there isn't much I can do until I replicate the issue.

Hey mate, did my stack trace above provide any meaningful clues?

45 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Here it is... sorry there is nothing else there.

Untitled.jpg

4 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Yeah. Least points me to the right section of code. Nothing immediately jumped out as being wrong, but gives me a good start point. Thanks.

Thanks for looking into it.

Is there a possibility of this being caused by something other than LB? Or does the error description rule this out?

6 minutes ago, Thornback said:

Thanks for looking into it.

Is there a possibility of this being caused by something other than LB? Or does the error description rule this out?

It's an issue within LaunchBox code. Looks like could be caused by your data files not matching what we expect they should. I have modified the code to be a bit more resilient and have adding logging to the process so if the changes don't correct it, we can at least get more pertinent information from your log files.

• Thanks 1

Beta 4 is out now with the following:

• Improvement: Added a warning to the MAME Fullset Import Wizard when the user points to a directory that doesn't contain enough files for a fullset
  • Improvement: The Region field in the on the fly filter has been reworked to make it easier to use with games that have multiple regions
  • Improvement: LaunchBox and Big Box now support up to 32 controller buttons instead of just 16
  • Improvement: A new Problematic Controller Compatibility option has been added to Big Box that improves compatibility with non-gamepad controllers such as racing wheels; this option disables binding axes (axises) that are often completely thrown off by pedals and wheels
  • Fixed: FlowImage now works properly in LaunchBox (for theme devs)
  • Fixed: Rare errors related to missing data when using the Manage Platforms or Manage Emulators window
  • Fixed: Some built-in platform clear logos weren't generating correctly (introduced in 12.15 beta 2)
  • Fixed: The fallback image in some LaunchBox themes weren't loading in immediately
  • Fixed: Pressing the Show Pause Menu button while not in a game would mute computer audio in some circumstances
  • Fixed: LEDBlinky now updates correctly when moving through a platform's recent or favorite games in Big Box platform views
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

On 9/17/2022 at 9:18 AM, kobaturtle said:

Since last beta, I can't skip Bixbox video intro anymore using controller button.

Using a keyboard touch works though

22 hours ago, kmoney said:

I can confirm the controller not skipping intro video mentioned above.

Thanks guys; I have this fixed for the next beta.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1