LaunchBox Community Forums

12.16 Beta Thread

faeran

12 hours ago, Fugus said:

Sbaby, I can vouch for neil9000 on this. When you have Launchbox setup to close the emulator for you, launchbox doesn't directly close the emulator, it closes whatever you have focus on at that time (Which it assumes is the emulator).

My personal way of doing it is not to enable that feature in Launchbox and instead configure every emulator I have to auto-close with a hotkey of my choosing which I set to the Playstation button on the DualSense controller.

this i know, the fact remains that lb's pause menu shouldn't open on the second monitor i don't want this, it never happened before

Beta 2 is out with the following fixes:

• Fixed: Possible crash with the LaunchBox context menu for GOG games with application paths that don't exist
  • Fixed: The Change View popup in Big Box was sometimes playing the select sound twice when selecting a view
  • Fixed: Videos will now play correctly in more themes when backing into Platform Views and Game Views
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, C-Beats said:

@Rlad @skizzosjt Can you let me know if you're stilling seeing issues with videos not playing when backing into a Platform or Game view?

I am still seeing black screens if Screen Transition is being used in BB settings, if that helps any. Actually might be worse now. Especially the more hungry ones. Was taking 6-8 minutes before I seen it happen, but now might happen within 3 or 4 changes??:/

Edited by The Papaw

1 hour ago, The Papaw said:

I am still seeing black screens if Screen Transition is being used in BB settings, if that helps any. Actually might be worse now. Especially the more hungry ones. Was taking 6-8 minutes before I seen it happen, but now might happen within 3 or 4 changes??:/

This is correct. None of that has been tackled yet, so if you are seeing something that is worse, it wouldn't have come from this update. At this point, we recommend that you do not randomize your Screen Transitions, but use one that won't cause you issues. We still need to determine how we want to tackle this one internally, and it may not come with this next update.

6 minutes ago, faeran said:

This is correct. None of that has been tackled yet, so if you are seeing something that is worse, it wouldn't have come from this update. At this point, we recommend that you do not randomize your Screen Transitions, but use one that won't cause you issues. We still need to determine how we want to tackle this one internally, and it may not come with this next update.

Okie Dokie, thanks for the reply. Wasn't sure if they were related or not. My bad.

On 10/11/2022 at 5:29 PM, C-Beats said:

@Rlad @skizzosjt Can you let me know if you're stilling seeing issues with videos not playing when backing into a Platform or Game view?

Hi C-Beats, I think this is corrected now too. I couldn't make videos not play with the timed button press. Also once a video plays, if you change selection but return to the original selection it no longer messes up the video from playing properly. All good stuff there!

I know you didn't specifically ask, but since I think they are related to a certain degree I want to mention it is still possible to make the currently selected video not play (black screen) if you select Text List With Details view through the user set hotkey to change views. I think it's what you would call the Change View Popup that says "Select new view for......". This impacts Category, Platform/Playlist videos, but not videos for the individual games. I also just put two and two together on this part, If I have Text List With Details as the view that Big Box will boot into the initial selection will have its video be a black screen

hi team, im having a issue where the audio of the preview video in bigbox is still playing after a game is selected, as if the focus isnt switching properly to the game. so im getting double audio basically. it doesnt happen everytime but seems to affect teknoparrot or long delay start up games the most. any possible fix?

Anyone experience any issues with bigbox not having focus while exiting games?
It doesn't matter which platform it is. I tested with Mame, Commodore 64, PS,...

Whenever I exit a game I end up in the text details screen but have to use my mouse to click in the screen before I can use my controller to get back to previous screens.
Can't say for sure when this first started. In 12.16 or 12.15
I am now on 12.16 beta 2

It's like the focus isn't on bigbox anymore after exiting any game. (cause a mouse click seems to resolve it.
But since I use my controller...having to use a mouse every time I exit a game is a bit cumbersome.

14 minutes ago, launchretrogirl2562 said:

Anyone experience any issues with bigbox not having focus while exiting games?
It doesn't matter which platform it is. I tested with Mame, Commodore 64, PS,...

Whenever I exit a game I end up in the text details screen but have to use my mouse to click in the screen before I can use my controller to get back to previous screens.
Can't say for sure when this first started. In 12.16 or 12.15
I am now on 12.16 beta 2

It's like the focus isn't on bigbox anymore after exiting any game. (cause a mouse click seems to resolve it.
But since I use my controller...having to use a mouse every time I exit a game is a bit cumbersome.

You may want to start your own thread for this issue, so it doesn't get lost in this beta thread.

However, to start, you may want to use a program like Windows Focus Logger so you can determine what exactly is stealing focus on your computer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have not a clue to how I am making it happen, but I am very randomly finding myself backing out to platforms to see either the video as a black screen or playing the wrong video for the platform. when it plays the wrong video, it's always two platforms away in my list. As in I back out to platform C, it would be playing platform A's video.

To clarify I cannot recreate the problems using the methods that were recently discussed in the last couple betas, those do seem fixed. I wish I could provide some better info on these newer random re-occurrences but I have not been able to connect any dots yet on what steps it takes to recreate these problems. It's weird because it's technically the same problem, but different and currently unknown (to me at least) steps are creating it. If I ever do start connecting these dots, I'll come back with details that are actually helpful lol. But just wanted to let ppl know since someone else may already know or figure it out down the road before I ever do.

Edited by skizzosjt
typo

@skizzosjt and @mcfilmmakers I deleted the last 3 posts to clean up this thread and to also nip things were they stand before it slides downhill. Nothing else needs to be said or commented on. 

Skizzosjt I left your original issue post so the team can keep aware. I will add this is something I recently saw this week. Same as you I have tried may things to recreate it and no luck. Seems rather random, but it has happened about 8 times the last few days. 

42 minutes ago, OfficialRULLUR said:

Okay, so I've been having issues where when I set the screen transition to "Door" or something like "Explosion" I'll be met with a black screen and have to force close it and come back to change it to something less fancy. I also have been experiencing some bad lag whenever I scroll through a list of games on a Platform with over 1.000 entries to it. Also when I launch something to either MAME or RetroArch, I get what feels like nothing happens until like over 10 seconds later, the game runs. I've also had rare times when I scroll and things freeze up too.

Thanks for the report.

This is a known issue and we have it on our long list to tackle for a future update. I can only recommend to not use certain transition types with the Screen Transition. We will also be looking at certain performance issues with wheel scrolling as well as other oddities before next official release.

• Thanks 1