LaunchBox Community Forums

13.2 Beta Thread

faeran

20 minutes ago, fraganator said:

Thanks for the info. I found if the zip was extracted and the cue file imported to LB, the hash is calculated correctly. Similarly if the game is converted to chd and hashed, it works. Maybe the app is picking up a bin file instead of the cue file from the zip.

I'll take a look. May be a possibility thanks for the additional information.

18 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Isnt that what it should do though, the cue is just a index file and contains no game data.

No CUE files has track information in them so the app knows where in the bin file to look for the track it needs for the process. In most CUE/BIN systems hashing only the BIN file will result in a hash failure. Typically the CUE file is required so it knows where to look.

You are right though that it needs the info from the BIN for the hash though.

33 minutes ago, fraganator said:

Thanks for the info. I found if the zip was extracted and the cue file imported to LB, the hash is calculated correctly. Similarly if the game is converted to chd and hashed, it works. Maybe the app is picking up a bin file instead of the cue file from the zip.

I just tested myself and can confirm I am getting the CUE file correctly so there probably something else going on.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

I just tested myself and can confirm I am getting the CUE file correctly so there probably something else going on.

Thanks for investigating. I'm at a bit of a loss here - I tried repacking the bin+cue files in 7z rather than zip, and that does hash correctly (after the temp extraction). I then tried recreating the zip file in case that was the problem, but no dice. For completeness I tried importing the bin file rather than the cue, and that hashes correctly too, so it's not a bin / cue issue. It seems to be a problem with zip files specifically, though zip files for other consoles (such as Sega Genesis) work fine :/

For reference I'm testing with Doom (USA).zip for the Sony PlayStation, which contains cue + 8 bin files. Any idea if the app Is using the hashing functions in the rcheevos / rhash library? Maybe I'll find some clues in there.

Thanks everyone helping with the beta test.

The things that have been identified and internally fixed so far:

• Certain platform icons getting renamed during the startup process, causing them to not show up in LaunchBox
  • Icon DPI scaling improvements

We are continuing to work through the rest of the reports and any other bugs that we internally find, along with the next set of updates.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, erling1000 said:

Can not make the Platform Icon for Nintendo Game & Watch appear.

Guessing it’s the & sign in the platform name. Did rename the platform and the icon, but still no success.

Anyone else?

I don't use the platform, did you try replacing the & with an _ (underscore)?

Edited by The Papaw

48 minutes ago, erling1000 said:

Can not make the Platform Icon for Nintendo Game & Watch appear.

Guessing it’s the & sign in the platform name. Did rename the platform and the icon, but still no success.

Anyone else?

Screenshot 2023-02-07 170552.jpg

1 hour ago, fraganator said:

Thanks for investigating. I'm at a bit of a loss here - I tried repacking the bin+cue files in 7z rather than zip, and that does hash correctly (after the temp extraction). I then tried recreating the zip file in case that was the problem, but no dice. For completeness I tried importing the bin file rather than the cue, and that hashes correctly too, so it's not a bin / cue issue. It seems to be a problem with zip files specifically, though zip files for other consoles (such as Sega Genesis) work fine :/

For reference I'm testing with Doom (USA).zip for the Sony PlayStation, which contains cue + 8 bin files. Any idea if the app Is using the hashing functions in the rcheevos / rhash library? Maybe I'll find some clues in there.

Ah, yeah it very well could be how they handle zip files. We only do special logic with .7z because their app doesn't read those at all. To answer your question yes, the app uses the calls in that library. ZIP does change the paths the app takes to get to the answer so you could be correct in that having that platform in a zip file causes that issue.

I seem to be missing a number of Retroachievements for N64, everything else is lining up with the Retroachievements plug-in. Checked Mega MAn 64 hash, is correct, changed to a .z64 from .n64 still not showing. Could someone check MEGA MAN 64 on their system please, or any of the MARIO games.

20 minutes ago, Rlad said:

I seem to be missing a number of Retroachievements for N64, everything else is lining up with the Retroachievements plug-in. Checked Mega MAn 64 hash, is correct, changed to a .z64 from .n64 still not showing. Could someone check MEGA MAN 64 on their system please, or any of the MARIO games.

Thanks for the report. This will be corrected in next beta release. RetroAchievements was sending different hash casing and so hashes with letters in them sometimes weren't being matched correctly. This will resolve itself in the next release and shouldn't require any additional effort on your part.

• Thanks 1

I have a question.

The new feature will be able to create a complete (at the moment) RA playlist for a platform, so I can see which titles I miss? 

I can miss for 2 reasons:

-wrong hash

-missing title

If not, it is possible to add this function? When I have to manage a list of more than 500 titles is very hard to understand what I am missing. I hope it can be easy to add this.

Thank you again!

^_^

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

At the moment we have no plans of implementing a feature that tells you what RetroAchievement Game IDs you are missing in your system.

Ok, thank you. I hoped that it was already in.

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

You could probably con a plugin dev to something like that easily enough though.

Are you telling me to search for someone able to do it? Because I am a total noob ^_^

Do you know anyone to ask this? I can try to ask

Thank you again

Hello, the following icons in my collection have incorrect names, hence they will not appear on LB until they are changed:

- Sega SG-1000 - Tiger Game

- Microsoft MSX2 - NEC Turbografx-16 - NEC Turbografx-CD - Panasonic 3D0 - Philips Videopac+ - Philips CD-I - 2-Player Games - 4-Player Games - Ball & Paddle Games - Board & Card Games - Run & Gun Games

The playlist folder has a lot of duplicates.

Thank yo, I'm amazed at how cool and comprehensive this icon collection is. Just a minor spelling error in the naming scheme, but once completed, it really shines.
I wish there was a default setting that would enlarge sidebar icons and perhaps remove text.