LaunchBox Community Forums

13.2 Beta Thread

faeran

Regarding the RetroAchievements file hashing, is there an option to force rehashing of an individual game, platform, or all games? Or maybe an option to reset the hash so the next scan computes a new hash?

Similarly is there a way to force a rehash of games which failed to hash correctly? (those tagged with <RetroAchievementsHash>COULDNTFILEHASH</RetroAchievementsHash>)

12 hours ago, fraganator said:

Regarding the RetroAchievements file hashing, is there an option to force rehashing of an individual game, platform, or all games? Or maybe an option to reset the hash so the next scan computes a new hash?

Similarly is there a way to force a rehash of games which failed to hash correctly? (those tagged with <RetroAchievementsHash>COULDNTFILEHASH</RetroAchievementsHash>)

Not at the moment, changing the application path of the game resets the hash. At the moment there really isn't a need to ever rehash since we don't update the RaHasher app, the results would be the same. I suppose if you're changing the XML files directly you'd miss out on the app clearing that hash value, but if you're already in there doing that you can just remove that tag as well.

Will the RetroAchievements scan also do the additional apps tied to the entry or is it only the primary one? If it does all of them, does it indicate which additional app has RA support? Often times the wrong version is selected by default and you can't tell easily which one will unless you visit their website. I have still been unable to run the scan without crashing so I haven't been able to dig into it yet and am curious.

12 minutes ago, moudrost said:

Will the RetroAchievements scan also do the additional apps tied to the entry or is it only the primary one? If it does all of them, does it indicate which additional app has RA support? Often times the wrong version is selected by default and you can't tell easily which one will unless you visit their website. I have still been unable to run the scan without crashing so I haven't been able to dig into it yet and am curious.

At the moment it does it on the game level, not the additional app. Whichever file your primary game is pointing to is the one hashed. If you choose a new primary app the hash clears and you can run it again.

2 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Do you have the error log from your crash?

I'm also having an issue where LB crashes while calculating RA ID/hashes but there's no error message and there's no logs in the log folder either. All my roms are extracted and my disc-based games are in chd format except psp which is in cso format. However, it doesn't matter which platform I scan nor their rom format as LB just crashes the same way with any platform and any rom format, even in zip format. 

There are 0 logs in the folder. It starts a scan and i see the progress bar move for 1 to 2 seconds and it freezes. 1 to 2 seconds after that the application closes.

Here are the errors from the event viewer.

.NET Runtime Error

Application: LaunchBox.exe
CoreCLR Version: 4.700.21.51404
.NET Core Version: 3.1.21
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.RetroAchievements.RetroAchievementsApi.GetUserSummary(String username, String apiKey, String summaryUser, Int32 recentGamesCount, Int32 recentAchievementCount)
   at RequestPublisherPage.CustomizeJmsException(String username, String apiKey, String summaryUser, Int32 recentGamesCount, Int32 recentAchievementCount, RequestPublisherPage )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.RetroAchievements.RetroAchievementsApi.GetUserSummary(String username, String apiKey, Int32 recentGamesCount, Int32 recentAchievementCount)
   at LaunchBox.Workers.ExceptionStructWorker.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.AddJmsDefinition(Object , Object , Int32 , Int32 )
   at LaunchBox.Workers.ExceptionStructWorker.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.PushMetaInstance()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.InterruptTypeParameter(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.InterruptAwareGetter()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

Application Error

Faulting application name: LaunchBox.exe, version: 13.2.0.1, time stamp: 0x62cf386d
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.963, time stamp: 0x766ca8ae
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00000000000906bc
Faulting process id: 0x0xF278
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D93B2D4B73A22E
Faulting application path: E:\LaunchBox\Core\LaunchBox.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: ab8f35e1-12b3-4c8b-a204-1d46cb8f883d
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Thanks for that @moudrost. Sounds like the Cheevo website is failing to respond correctly for you. I'll see what I can do to improve the code and help it fail more safely. Though not really sure why that message would crash the app at the moment instead of bringing up our error form like it should be.

1 hour ago, moudrost said:

There are 0 logs in the folder. It starts a scan and i see the progress bar move for 1 to 2 seconds and it freezes. 1 to 2 seconds after that the application closes.

Here are the errors from the event viewer.

.NET Runtime Error

Application: LaunchBox.exe
CoreCLR Version: 4.700.21.51404
.NET Core Version: 3.1.21
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.RetroAchievements.RetroAchievementsApi.GetUserSummary(String username, String apiKey, String summaryUser, Int32 recentGamesCount, Int32 recentAchievementCount)
   at RequestPublisherPage.CustomizeJmsException(String username, String apiKey, String summaryUser, Int32 recentGamesCount, Int32 recentAchievementCount, RequestPublisherPage )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.RetroAchievements.RetroAchievementsApi.GetUserSummary(String username, String apiKey, Int32 recentGamesCount, Int32 recentAchievementCount)
   at LaunchBox.Workers.ExceptionStructWorker.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.AddJmsDefinition(Object , Object , Int32 , Int32 )
   at LaunchBox.Workers.ExceptionStructWorker.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.PushMetaInstance()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.InterruptTypeParameter(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.InterruptAwareGetter()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

Application Error

Faulting application name: LaunchBox.exe, version: 13.2.0.1, time stamp: 0x62cf386d
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.963, time stamp: 0x766ca8ae
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00000000000906bc
Faulting process id: 0x0xF278
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D93B2D4B73A22E
Faulting application path: E:\LaunchBox\Core\LaunchBox.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: ab8f35e1-12b3-4c8b-a204-1d46cb8f883d
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Same as mine. A few slight differences such as updated .net version on mine but about 99% the same.

On 2/10/2023 at 4:15 PM, C-Beats said:

At the moment it does it on the game level, not the additional app. Whichever file your primary game is pointing to is the one hashed. If you choose a new primary app the hash clears and you can run it again.

Could you re-add the option to have the RA badge appear with just the name of the game? Many games are in another region. It's a problem.

13 hours ago, Gill Figno said:

With a little bit of tweaking I was able to get this working on my custom theme (finally) thanks to the new side bar icon feature:

540888220_DesktopScreenshot2023_02.12-23_15_59_96.thumb.png.7539abb1162d2331257dfd8656463a6b.png

Full images for platforms now, not just text! Great update.

1 hour ago, Retrofrogg said:

Very interesting @Gill Figno - would you mind sharing how you achieved that?

If you do please create a thread specific to this since it is not beta testing related. 

• Like 1

Beta 2 is out with the following:

• Improvement: Origin import has been replaced with an EA import and now works with the new EA App
  • Fixed: RetroAchievement game matching caused by hash casing
  • Fixed: In the Add/Edit Playlist window, pressing the Games tab, in certain situations, would take a considerable time to load the games in an auto-populate playlist
  • Fixed: Some Platform Icons with special symbols were not being named properly by the startup script
  • Fixed: Platform Icons should now scale more elegantly for users with custom DPI settings

For users that tested beta 1 and you want the cleanest Platform Icons folder, you may want to consider deleting the Platform Icons folder after update (while LaunchBox is closed). LaunchBox will then recreate that folder the next time you start. Make sure you create a backup of any custom icons you may have added before doing this. Not doing this won't harm your setup, but you may end up with some duplicate icons.

• Like 8

Confirmed after deleting the platform icons folder, the platform icons were rebuilt 100% correct this time.

Also, the crash I was having upon starting a scan seems to have been addressed. I have just completed Sega Genesis as a test and it worked perfectly. I am now having it work through my entire library and is slowly moving along. Thanks for the update.

image.thumb.png.f7395b8ceecd4fd64d9347d74e48783b.png

9 minutes ago, rexryan said:

Tested Retroachievements with Arduboy on scanning this set is a actual correct hashed set it missed 1 game ..Name is correct ..1nvader.

In theory, you would have to have one of these for it to match. I would first start there since 99.99% of the time this is the issue with a game not showing as working with RA.

image.thumb.png.32b128e5a61ca0c0a2820ef264324434.png