LaunchBox Community Forums

13.2 Beta Thread

faeran

8 minutes ago, moudrost said:

In theory, you would have to have one of these for it to match. I would first start there since 99.99% of the time this is the issue with a game not showing as working with RA.

image.thumb.png.32b128e5a61ca0c0a2820ef264324434.png

i understand this..I have an RA set that is matched correctly..

12 hours ago, Retrofrogg said:

Very interesting @Gill Figno - would you mind sharing how you achieved that?

I'm probably not going to share it for now because after the beta 2 update the icons look noticeably more aliased, so I'm back to not being happy with it, lol. I'm sure this looks good with the smaller icons now, though, but my custom icons are 20 times the size, so they look bad now.

It looked like this on the first beta before I tweaked the BitmapScalingMode for the images in that row to render in high quality, but that command doesn't seem to work now after the beta update.

1057685277_DesktopScreenshot2023_02.14-00_18_38_31.thumb.png.36fd8548d5e46156e6c0205dbeed9ebf.png

I'll wait for the full release before I work on it again, then I'll share my code and images once I figure something out. When I do post it I'll make a thread about it.

Also, this isn't really an issue with the beta since I'm messing around with customized themes on my own, so don't change anything on my behalf, Moderators. I just wanted to show this was possible now.

• Like 1

It has been over 17 hours since the scan hit my PS2 collection and it is still working its way through that one. It is impossible to tell given the somewhat random nature of what game it is scanning in the platform how far into it is, but this doesn't bode well for people with large collections. I believe this was the very first ISO platform it has started to process and there are a LOT left to get through. Unless this picks up pace, then I estimate at least a week minimum to complete this scan. If something ever changes where I will have to scan the entire collection again, I'm not sure I will put my hardware through that again. Hopefully some improvements can be made here. Again, I think the feature/idea is fantastic, but it was quicker creating playlists by hand than this is taking. If I cancel the scan will it pick up from where it left off? You can't do anything else while this is running and would like to play some games, but don't want to have to start over from scratch if I cancel it.

8 hours ago, Gill Figno said:

It looked like this on the first beta before I tweaked the BitmapScalingMode for the images in that row to render in high quality, but that command doesn't seem to work now after the beta update

Yeah, in this beta update I assigned a diff value to the underlying image used in the custom control. I'll see if I can move that to the parent control so that it's easier to overwrite in custom themes should the need arise

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, moudrost said:

It has been over 17 hours since the scan hit my PS2 collection and it is still working its way through that one. It is impossible to tell given the somewhat random nature of what game it is scanning in the platform how far into it is, but this doesn't bode well for people with large collections. I believe this was the very first ISO platform it has started to process and there are a LOT left to get through. Unless this picks up pace, then I estimate at least a week minimum to complete this scan. If something ever changes where I will have to scan the entire collection again, I'm not sure I will put my hardware through that again. Hopefully some improvements can be made here. Again, I think the feature/idea is fantastic, but it was quicker creating playlists by hand than this is taking. If I cancel the scan will it pick up from where it left off? You can't do anything else while this is running and would like to play some games, but don't want to have to start over from scratch if I cancel it.

PS2 takes an exceptionally long time and is prone to errors I've noticed (their app crashes hashing some PS2 games). That being said the process will never scan something that's already been scanned so you won't lose progress and can safely close it.

15 hours ago, moudrost said:

Does LaunchBox need to decompress everything to calculate a hash? It just hit my PS2 directory and I'm watching the temp directory and it is slowly throwing .bin files in there one at a time. This looks like it is going to take a LONG time to complete.

It does for 7z files

5 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

It does for 7z files

Well that explains it. My entire PS2 collection is in 7z format. If I can stomach it, I might make the time investment to convert those to .zip. The majority of my collection is in .zip, but PS2 is not. The small bit of space savings seems to have a lot of negatives. Hopefully that means once it is done here it will wrap this up quickly.

33 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Really your PS2 collection should be in CHD format. Gains the space savings of being archived but can be loaded far quicker by the emulator without the need to extract the entire file before playing.

I would if you could scan files in that format against a Redump DAT. Once you convert to CHD it becomes really impossible to manage from that perspective. The benefits haven't really outweighed the negatives for me. Also now that we have the excellent Archive Cache Manager as a plugin option, the games I play most often already are extracted once and load instantly.

RA scanning in beta 2 is now working for me too. Thanks guys. Just wanna let you guys know though that PSP and PS2 cheevos aren't currently being detected in LB if they're in CSO and CHD formats respectively but ISO formats detect cheevos fine. A small handful of PS2 CHD roms are detecting cheevos but 90%+ of them aren't. I assume it's because they have different hash values when in these formats. Hopefully this is something that can be looked at and sorted in the future as CSO and CHD are awesome space-saving formats for these 2 platforms.

Edited by Azgorath
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Azgorath said:

RA scanning in beta 2 is now working for me too. Thanks guys. Just wanna let you guys know though that PSP and PS2 cheevos aren't currently being detected in LB if they're in CSO and CHD formats respectively but ISO formats detect cheevos fine. A small handful of PS2 CHD roms are detecting cheevos but 90%+ of them aren't. Hopefully this is something that can be looked at and sorted in a future update as CSO and CHD are awesome space-saving formats for these 2 platforms.

We aren't doing the hashing of these files at all. RetroAchievements hasher application does it. If their app can't hash your file you'd have to wait for them to update the app. They just pushed out a new version and it'll be including in the next release, but in my CHD files where the v1.4 was failing v1.5 still fails as well (though it gives a reason now, and does so much faster)

5 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

We aren't doing the hashing of these files at all. RetroAchievements hasher application does it. If their app can't hash your file you'd have to wait for them to update the app. They just pushed out a new version and it'll be including in the next release, but in my CHD files where the v1.4 was failing v1.5 still fails as well (though it gives a reason now, and does so much faster)

Awesome stuff. Good to know. 1 Thing I'm curious about though. If a cheevo dev deletes his set for a game from the RA website and re-adds it a few days (or maybe weeks) later, will cheevo re-scanning the platform update the cheevo status of that game automatically or would we have to delete, re-import and re-scan the entire platform again?

Edited by Azgorath

17 minutes ago, Azgorath said:

Awesome stuff. Good to know. 1 Thing I'm curious about though. If a cheevo dev deletes his set for a game from the RA website and re-adds it a few days (or maybe weeks) later, will cheevo re-scanning the platform update the cheevo status of that game automatically or would we have to delete, re-import and re-scan the entire platform again?

I believe the game always has the same ID regardless of how many (or if any) cheevo's are tied to it yet so the rescan wouldn't be needed.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 2:50 PM, faeran said:

Beta 2 is out with the following:

• Fixed: In the Add/Edit Playlist window, pressing the Games tab, in certain situations, would take a considerable time to load the games in an auto-populate playlist

Thanks for this fix... it would totally freeze my system up.

9 hours ago, C-Beats said:

It does for 7z files

When LaunchBox scans a platform, does it only scan the 1 game or does it scan all the alternate apps as well? I'm about a day into scanning PS2 now and am having a feeling it is scanning ALL and not just the top level game. If it is the latter, I think I might just abandon at this point. If I have to extract 11,000 7-zip archives I give up. If it is the former maybe I'm close? I don't recall how many games LaunchBox makes out of the 11K but it is a lot less. Any clarification on this would be helpful.