LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox 13.11 - Beta Thread

faeran

BigBox needs to be restarted to update a "recently played" playlist I made .. pretty sure this has not always been the case?
everywhere else in BigBox the recent list are working fine :)

also in the last beta my clock was showing as 24H format, and now it back to am/pm ...

Bit of an odd one: 3D box model will not rotate for Arcade in Game Details using Default theme. I've cleared all images cache and double checked my image priorities in LB and image type in BB. Not sure what else to check. 

Quite odd/interesting issue...latest update to 13.11 appears to be launching additional applications over and over again after launching once.  Specifically, after launching a game using Sinden light gun as additional app, LB attempts to start Sinden software again and again during gameplay, rendering play impossible.  Troubleshooting efforts led to downgrading back to 13.9, where behavior finally subsides.  Hopefully this can be looked in to and fixed.

Edited by garrett521

Has any progress been made with the "Black Screen on BigBox Startup" issue (I saw someone else mention it not too long ago)?   Both of my standup cabinets randomly go to a 'black screen' on startup, and I have to bump the joystick or hit a key to get it to like..  wake up and then load the main view and start working.   But it'll just sit there for hours if I don't touch it. 

Oddly, my sitdown Daytona USA twin (two PCs running LB/BB) doesn't have this issue.

All four use LEDBlinky, standups have Ultimarc IPac Ultimate I/O boards, sit down drivers have IPac-2 boards. 

2 minutes ago, Fursphere said:

Has any progress been made with the "Black Screen on BigBox Startup" issue (I saw someone else mention it not too long ago)?   Both of my standup cabinets randomly go to a 'black screen' on startup, and I have to bump the joystick or hit a key to get it to like..  wake up and then load the main view and start working.   But it'll just sit there for hours if I don't touch it. 

Oddly, my sitdown Daytona USA twin (two PCs running LB/BB) doesn't have this issue.

All four use LEDBlinky, standups have Ultimarc IPac Ultimate I/O boards, sit down drivers have IPac-2 boards. 

If it is not listed on the beta release notes it is not something that has been worked on in the current betas. Faeren updates the first post of the thread with each beta's release notes. 

7 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

If it is not listed on the beta release notes it is not something that has been worked on in the current betas. Faeren updates the first post of the thread with each beta's release notes. 

Ok.   I feel like this is a weird state - where the 13.11 Beta thread continues after 13.11 has been released, and is out of Beta. 

Is there a bug report already open?  Or should I submit one?

18 minutes ago, Fursphere said:

Ok.   I feel like this is a weird state - where the 13.11 Beta thread continues after 13.11 has been released, and is out of Beta. 

Is there a bug report already open?  Or should I submit one?

It keeps going because users tend to post non-beta issues in this thread. So it looks like it is an active beta but it is no beta related issues. 

You can open a ticket, but I would search first to see if one is open. I cannot recall immediately if there is one. I would recommend provide feedback in the post on the forum.