LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox 13.13 - Beta Thread

faeran

On 4/26/2024 at 9:17 AM, C-Beats said:

If you look in your data files do the games not have a hash assigned (would be listed as COULDNTFILEHASH) or do they just not have a RetroAchievements Id assigned? If you're unsure PM me the data file for the platform in question. I can't promise I can do much about it since that is all third party code, but would give me more information I need to reach out to third parties to ask for guidance.

EDIT: Just looked and as of right now there hasher app doesn't actually support -createdvd CHDs so this may be a limitation of RetroAchievements at the moment.

Every CHD created with -createdvd work as intended. Only in LaunchBox it does not.

The last version PPSSPP gives a warning if the ISOs are converted with -createcd.

31 minutes ago, TheNewClassics said:

Thanks for the info. Is that new? Because it worked before for several years for me with the dash. But good to know if that's the case.

Not new. LB when importing media has always converted a ":" to and underscore "_". 

1 hour ago, GuiCogo said:

Every CHD created with -createdvd work as intended. Only in LaunchBox it does not.

The last version PPSSPP gives a warning if the ISOs are converted with -createcd.

I spoke directly to the individual at RetroAchievements regarding the issue. While it's true the games play in the emulator when created that way (and it prefers it) the application RetroAchievements distributes to hash files cannot hash these because a dependency of that application doesn't yet. For right now there's not a lot we can do regarding getting these files hashed. Once that app is updated we'll get it updated in the application.

3 hours ago, erdybirdy53. said:

Ok thanks, is there an easy way to rename my Video Snap names to the Launchbox game or rom name please rather than doing each individually, as I have loads to do. I didnt seem to have this many missing videos in Launchbox before recent changes. Thank you for any help.

I use this to bulk edit file names, life saver and free
https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/

Edited by The Papaw
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, C-Beats said:

I spoke directly to the individual at RetroAchievements regarding the issue. While it's true the games play in the emulator when created that way (and it prefers it) the application RetroAchievements distributes to hash files cannot hash these because a dependency of that application doesn't yet. For right now there's not a lot we can do regarding getting these files hashed. Once that app is updated we'll get it updated in the application.

Thanks for reaching out RA, sorry for the bother.

Hopefully they can fix this on the Retro Achievements side, I have TurboGrafx CD chds that are not hashed correctly and do not display trophy badges in LaunchBox, however when I boot the game with RetroArch, I get the Retro Achievements details popup on screen. An auto-generated playlist for Retro Achievements for this platform doesn't work so I had to create in manually.

I changed the naming of the videos that had the - to a _, and it's still not working properly for me. I can't figure out on which beta it changed, but I know on the previous version the videos were recognized properly even with the dash.

13 minutes ago, TheNewClassics said:

I changed the naming of the videos that had the - to a _, and it's still not working properly for me. I can't figure out on which beta it changed, but I know on the previous version the videos were recognized properly even with the dash.

I would say post a pic of the game name in LB and the video file name in the Windows folder. 

What happens if you edit the game and add that existing video via the add option in the video section?

• Like 1

Since the update to beta4 I am not longer given the option to update MAME.  I do see the option for Retroarch (I do not have any other emulators installed as of yet)

On 5/2/2024 at 10:36 AM, 1quicksi said:

Since the update to beta4 I am not longer given the option to update MAME.  I do see the option for Retroarch (I do not have any other emulators installed as of yet)

Where are you expecting to see it? You should never update MAME without updating your romset as well and so I believe it's intended to only show that option in the fullset importer.

Beta 5 is out with the following changes:

• Improvement: The ROM Import Wizard now leverages the new dependency files logic
  • Improvement: All Storefront IDs are now accurately displayed in the combine games drop-down window
  • Improvement: The PCSX2 command line now automatically updates the fullscreen switch when pointed to the QT version
  • Fixed: Wiki/Video URLs correctly update when using "Search for Metadata" from the Edit Game window
  • Fixed: Resolved an issue where GOG games already imported were sometimes re-imported as additional applications
  • Fixed: Auto rom scanning now accurately detects folders in some situations
  • Fixed: The custom field sidebar filter now functions correctly in all circumstances
  • Fixed: Legacy versions of PCSX2 will no longer cause the application to open during version lookups on the Manage Emulator and Edit Emulator windows
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Current Beta isnt picking up a bunch of existing videos named in this format 'Power Stone (USA)' unless they're named the same as the rom file?

Re-adding them obviously changes the name to 'Power Stone-01' then they show up.

Edit: Same issue as @TheNewClassics?

Edited by Rlad

Beta 6 just came out with a few more small changes:

• Improvement: "Sort Title" on a Platform is now factored in the order when arranging games by platform
  • Fixed: The parent indicator now updates accurately alongside its child elements on the Dependency File sections
  • Fixed: The keyboard shortcut for viewing the 3D box model has been updated to CTRL+ALT+M

At this point we are gearing up for the release, which we are hopefully will come sometime next week. Thanks to everyone willing to test this round.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rlad said:

Current Beta isnt picking up a bunch of existing videos named in this format 'Power Stone (USA)' unless they're named the same as the rom file?

Re-adding them obviously changes the name to 'Power Stone-01' then they show up.

Edit: Same issue as @TheNewClassics?

We looked into this. As you know, LaunchBox has a feature designed to help display media files from external sources based on matching filenames. Unfortunately, we discovered a bug in this code that caused unintended consequences. This bug sometimes linked media to the wrong games, or even multiple incorrect games at once. The bug also allowed this association even if the filenames didn't perfectly match the game files, which sounds like what you have going in your library.

The bad really outweighted the good here, so we fixed the bug to ensure accurate media association, which then also broke the association for any external media that only loosely matched the game's file name. 

We will continue to support media from outside sources in the way it was intended, but really for optimal functionality throughout LaunchBox, we strongly recommend using the in-app media tools. 

2 hours ago, faeran said:

We looked into this. As you know, LaunchBox has a feature designed to help display media files from external sources based on matching filenames. Unfortunately, we discovered a bug in this code that caused unintended consequences. This bug sometimes linked media to the wrong games, or even multiple incorrect games at once. The bug also allowed this association even if the filenames didn't perfectly match the game files, which sounds like what you have going in your library.

The bad really outweighted the good here, so we fixed the bug to ensure accurate media association, which then also broke the association for any external media that only loosely matched the game's file name. 

We will continue to support media from outside sources in the way it was intended, but really for optimal functionality throughout LaunchBox, we strongly recommend using the in-app media tools. 

Thanks for the explanation, I'll just re-add the videos.

I think I have found a bug with the Automatic Rom Importer and was told to post about it here.  It is combining ROMs that already exist when it should just add the new ROMs.  To reproduce:

1. Make sure you have ROMs with the same titles that would normally be combined during an import (ie. Game Title (USA), Game Title (Japan), Game Title (Beta), etc.)

2. Import those ROMs but choose to not combine ROMs (I had also checked Import Duplicate ROMs but not sure if that is necessary).

3. Once everything is imported, add in another ROM that has the same title as one of the ROMs you just imported into your ROM folder.

4. Restart Launchbox (from what I understand, it should have picked it up when I added it but I may not have waited long enough).

5. You should see that it finds the new ROM but when you click on View Results, you will see that it combined all the ROMs with the same titles (something that I don't want in my setup).

And just to be very clear, I uploaded a video of me going through this on a fresh install with the latest Beta 6 version.  

I did my best to cut out the waiting parts while still keeping in the relevant parts.  Please let me know if there is anything else you need.  Thank you.

Beta 7 is out with the following:

• Fixed: The Dependency Files page in the ROM Import Wizard now only appears when necessary
  • Fixed: In rare cases, the auto-import wizard could import duplicate files into a user's library. This issue has been resolved
  • Fixed: A potential crash in the ROM Import Wizard has been addressed
  • Like 1

On 5/7/2024 at 4:33 PM, Clutz450 said:

I think I have found a bug with the Automatic Rom Importer and was told to post about it here.  It is combining ROMs that already exist when it should just add the new ROMs.  To reproduce:

1. Make sure you have ROMs with the same titles that would normally be combined during an import (ie. Game Title (USA), Game Title (Japan), Game Title (Beta), etc.)

2. Import those ROMs but choose to not combine ROMs (I had also checked Import Duplicate ROMs but not sure if that is necessary).

3. Once everything is imported, add in another ROM that has the same title as one of the ROMs you just imported into your ROM folder.

4. Restart Launchbox (from what I understand, it should have picked it up when I added it but I may not have waited long enough).

5. You should see that it finds the new ROM but when you click on View Results, you will see that it combined all the ROMs with the same titles (something that I don't want in my setup).

And just to be very clear, I uploaded a video of me going through this on a fresh install with the latest Beta 6 version.  

I did my best to cut out the waiting parts while still keeping in the relevant parts.  Please let me know if there is anything else you need.  Thank you.

The issue of importing ROMs that are already imported should be fixed in beta 7. Are you able to confirm you are seeing this fixed on your end?

I don't know if the Problem is Beta related.

When hitting update retroarch in manage emulators, launchbox doesn't update the already installed retroarch-install. (I have all my emulators and roms outside the launchbox directory, and prefer it that way)

Instead it creates a folder within launchbox and fresh-installs retroarch, also the path to the exe is replaced with the wrongly installed retroarch

• Like 1