LaunchBox Community Forums

Mattel Intellivision

8 files

1. Mattel Intellivision 2D Carts

Mattel Intellivision needed an upgraded cartridge set. All major releases for the system are here and even some prototype and unlicensed titles. Included are Photoshop psd templates for those interested in creating their own art. Also included Cart stickers without the cart art. Enjoy.

149 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

2. Mattel Intellivision 3D Boxes

There is very little game media available in the Mattel Intellivision section. I am sharing 3D boxes. All major releases included with some prototypes and unlicensed games as well. There are boxes with left spines included and also just front box images without spines. Enjoy.

130 downloads

(0 reviews)

2 comments

Submitted

3. Mattel Intellivision 2D Boxes

There is very little game media available in the Mattel Intellivision section. I am sharing 2D boxes. All major releases included with some prototypes and unlicensed games as well. There are boxes with left spines included and also just front box images without spines. Enjoy.

143 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

4. Mattel Intellivision On-Screen Overlays

This is a complement to my recent Intellivision controller images upload. It adds those controller overlays to the fantastic work of @Mr. RetroLust and their fantastic Lights Off bezels, specifically the 1970s CRT. I did do some editing to their bezel -- lightening the reflection, flipping the bezel horizontally, darkening everything, and adding the appropriate channel #3 -- but got their approval to include it in this release. Many many thanks to @MrRetrolust for their work and inspiration!
    How To Set Up
    Included in the zip download are all the image and config files you'll need, stored in the folders you need to copy them into. Note that your game files need to have the same naming structure for them to automatically show the bezels. My titles are based on the way LaunchBox scraped the data when I set up Intellivision so you *should* be good if you did the same.
    retroarch\config\FreeIntv
    These files tell Retroarch to automatically apply each overlay when the game is launched, so you don't have to manually set each one.
    retroarch\overlays\GameBezels\Intellivision
    You may need to create the GameBezels and Intellivision folders. I believe several other bezel packs also utilize this folder structure. These are the images and config files for each game. If you wanted to tweak any of my designs, this is where you would do it.

Sources & Design
    The image of the Intellivision controller comes from Ricky Romero on Dribbble. I edited it to cover the game overlays somewhat realistically and add some shadowing effects. There are additional darkening and shadow effects applied to the on-screen overlays so they don't stand out quite as much.
    The overlays themselves come from various sources but were mainly copied from intvfunhouse.com (and by extension, Psycho Stormtrooper and the LaunchBox Games Database).
    Very little editing has been done to the overlays to clean them up. Some received a basic sharpening, some blemishes were cleaned up, and the tops of a few were split apart so the titles show more legibly above the frame. These are NOT meant to look 100% exactly like they do when nestled in a real Intellivision controller.

Unique Overlays
    Most Intellivision games came with two identical overlays for Player 1 and Player 2, but some ambitious releases used unique designs and functions across multiple overlays. In these cases you can see an additional controller peeking out from behind the front one. That's an indication that there are more than one overlays for that title and you can find the rest in my Intellivision controller images upload.
    Mr. BASIC Meets Bits 'n Bytes Melody Blaster Microsurgeon Triple Challenge (Checkers, Chess, Backgammon) USCF Chess World Series Major League Baseball  
    Games Included
    I did not create an overlay or controller image for demo, test, prototype, unreleased, or homebrew titles. Basically this is just  the retail releases and any handmade overlays that Psycho Stormtrooper had contributed in the past. Below is a list of the games with overlays that I created:
    ABPA Backgammon ~ Backgammon (World) Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (USA, Europe) Advanced Dungeons & Dragons - Treasure of Tarmin (USA) Air Strike (USA) (Proto) Armor Battle (USA, Europe) Astrosmash (USA, Europe) Atlantis (USA, Europe) Auto Racing (World) B-17 Bomber (USA, Europe) Beamrider (USA, Europe) Beauty & the Beast (USA, Europe) Blockade Runner (USA) Body Slam! - Super Pro Wrestling (USA) Bomb Squad (USA) Boxing (World) Bump 'n' Jump (USA) BurgerTime (USA, Europe) Buzz Bombers (USA, Europe) (Alt 1) Buzz Bombers (USA, Europe) Carnival (USA, Europe) Centipede (USA) Championship Tennis (Europe) Checkers ~ Draughts (USA, Europe) Chip Shot - Super Pro Golf (USA) Commando (USA) Congo Bongo (USA) Defender (USA) Demon Attack (USA, Europe) Dig Dug (USA) Diner (USA) Donkey Kong (USA, Europe) Donkey Kong Junior (USA, Europe) Dracula (USA, Europe) Dragonfire (USA, Europe) Dreadnaught Factor, The (USA) Duncan's Thin Ice (USA) Electric Company, The - Math Fun (USA, Europe) Electric Company, The - Word Fun (USA, Europe) Fathom (USA, Europe) Frog Bog (World) Frogger (USA, Europe) Happy Trails (USA, Europe) Horse Racing (World) Hover Force (USA) Ice Trek (USA, Europe) Jetsons' Ways with Words, The (USA) Kool-Aid Man (USA) Lady Bug (USA, Europe) Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack (World) Las Vegas Roulette (World) Learning Fun I - Math Master, Factor Fun (USA) Learning Fun II - Word Wizard, Memory Fun (USA) Lock 'N' Chase (USA, Europe) (Rev 1) Lock 'N' Chase (USA, Europe) Loco-Motion (USA) Magic Carousel (USA) (Proto) (Alt 1) Magic Carousel (USA) (Proto) Major League Baseball ~ Big League Baseball ~ Baseball (World) Masters of the Universe - The Power of He-Man (USA, Europe) Melody Blaster (USA, Europe) Microsurgeon (USA, Europe) Mind Strike (USA, Europe) Minotaur (USA) Mission X (USA, Europe) Motocross (USA) Mountain Madness - Super Pro Skiing (USA) Mouse Trap (USA, Europe) Mr. BASIC Meets Bits 'N Bytes (USA)(Mr. BASIC) Mr. BASIC Meets Bits 'N Bytes (USA) (LEFT Vampire Bats) Mr. BASIC Meets Bits 'N Bytes (USA)(LEFT The Cannon) Mr. BASIC Meets Bits 'N Bytes (USA)(RIGHT The Cannon) NASL Soccer ~ Soccer (World) NBA Basketball ~ Basketball (USA, Europe) NFL Football ~ Football (World) NHL Hockey ~ Hockey (World) Night Stalker (World) Nova Blast (USA, Europe) Pac-Man (USA) (Atarisoft) Pac-Man (USA) (INTV Corp.) Party Line - Blow Out (USA) (Proto) PBA Bowling ~ Bowling (World) PGA Golf ~ Golf (World) Pinball (USA) Pitfall! (USA, Europe) Pole Position (USA) Popeye (USA, Europe) Q-bert (USA, Europe) Reversi (USA, Europe) River Raid (USA, Europe) (Beta) River Raid (USA, Europe) Royal Dealer (USA, Europe) Safecracker (USA, Europe) Scooby Doo's Maze Chase (USA, Europe) Sea Battle (World) Sewer Sam (USA) Shark! Shark! (USA, Europe) Sharp Shot (USA, Europe) Slam Dunk - Super Pro Basketball (USA) Slap Shot - Super Pro Hockey (USA) SNAFU (World) Space Armada (World) Space Battle (World) Space Hawk (USA, Europe) Space Spartans (USA, Europe) Spiker - Super Pro Volleyball (USA) Stadium Mud Buggies (USA) Stampede (USA, Europe) Star Strike (World) Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back (USA, Europe) Sub Hunt (USA, Europe) Super Cobra (Europe, Canada) Super Pro Decathlon (USA) Super Pro Football (USA) Swords & Serpents (USA, Europe) Tennis (World) Thunder Castle (USA) Tower of Doom (USA) Triple Action (World) Triple Challenge - Chess, Checkers, Backgammon (USA) Triple Challenge - Chess, Checkers, Backgammon (USA)(Backgammon) Triple Challenge - Chess, Checkers, Backgammon (USA)(LEFT Chess) Triple Challenge - Chess, Checkers, Backgammon (USA)(RIGHT Chess) TRON Deadly Discs (USA, Europe) TRON Maze-A-Tron (USA, Europe) TRON Solar Sailer (USA, Europe) Tropical Trouble (USA, Europe) Truckin' (USA) Turbo (USA, Europe) Tutankham (Europe) US Ski Team Skiing ~ Skiing (World) USCF Chess ~ Chess (USA, Europe) Utopia (USA, Europe) Vectron (USA, Europe) (Alt 1) Vectron (USA, Europe) Venture (USA, Europe) White Water! (USA, Europe) World Championship Baseball (USA) World Cup Football (Europe) World Series Major League Baseball (USA) [LEFT American League] World Series Major League Baseball (USA)(RIGHT National League) Worm Whomper (USA, Europe) Zaxxon (USA, Europe)

116 downloads

(0 reviews)

21 comments

Updated

5. Mattel Intellivision Realistic Controller Overlay Images

The FreeIntv core does a great job of making the Intellivision's unique controls accessible on modern pads. But even with easy access to all the buttons, I'm always wondering "which ones does this game actually use?".
    Scans of the overlay sheets, in wildly varying quality, are easy enough to find but I wanted something a little more unified and true-to-life. So I went through 135 original Intellivision releases and made these side-by-side images of the left controller with the overlay and the right controller without (or featuring unique overlays for a couple specific titles).

Sources & Design
    The image of the Intellivision controller comes from Ricky Romero on Dribbble. I edited it to cover the game overlays somewhat realistically and add some shadowing effects. The overlays themselves come from various sources but were mainly copied from intvfunhouse.com (and by extension, Psycho Stormtrooper and the LaunchBox Games Database). Very little editing has been done to the overlays to clean them up. Some received a basic sharpening, some blemishes were cleaned up, and the tops of a few were split apart so the titles show more legibly above the frame. These are NOT meant to look 100% exactly like they do when nestled in a real Intellivision controller.

Unique Overlays
    Most Intellivision games came with two identical overlays for Player 1 and Player 2, but some ambitious releases used unique designs and functions across multiple overlays. In these cases, images are provided to show each one. These titles include:
    Mr. BASIC Meets Bits 'n Bytes Melody Blaster Microsurgeon Triple Challenge (Checkers, Chess, Backgammon) USCF Chess World Series Major League Baseball  
    Games Included
    I did not create an image for demo, test, prototype, unreleased, or homebrew titles. Basically this is just  the retail releases and any handmade overlays that Psycho Stormtrooper had contributed in the past. Below is a list of the games with images that I created:
    ABPA Backgammon ~ Backgammon (World) Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (USA, Europe) Advanced Dungeons & Dragons - Treasure of Tarmin (USA) Air Strike (USA) (Proto) Armor Battle (USA, Europe) Astrosmash (USA, Europe) Atlantis (USA, Europe) Auto Racing (World) B-17 Bomber (USA, Europe) Beamrider (USA, Europe) Beauty & the Beast (USA, Europe) Blockade Runner (USA) Body Slam! - Super Pro Wrestling (USA) Bomb Squad (USA) Boxing (World) Bump 'n' Jump (USA) BurgerTime (USA, Europe) Buzz Bombers (USA, Europe) (Alt 1) Buzz Bombers (USA, Europe) Carnival (USA, Europe) Centipede (USA) Championship Tennis (Europe) Checkers ~ Draughts (USA, Europe) Chip Shot - Super Pro Golf (USA) Commando (USA) Congo Bongo (USA) Defender (USA) Demon Attack (USA, Europe) Dig Dug (USA) Diner (USA) Donkey Kong (USA, Europe) Donkey Kong Junior (USA, Europe) Dracula (USA, Europe) Dragonfire (USA, Europe) Dreadnaught Factor, The (USA) Duncan's Thin Ice (USA) Electric Company, The - Math Fun (USA, Europe) Electric Company, The - Word Fun (USA, Europe) Fathom (USA, Europe) Frog Bog (World) Frogger (USA, Europe) Happy Trails (USA, Europe) Horse Racing (World) Hover Force (USA) Ice Trek (USA, Europe) Jetsons' Ways with Words, The (USA) Kool-Aid Man (USA) Lady Bug (USA, Europe) Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack (World) Las Vegas Roulette (World) Learning Fun I - Math Master, Factor Fun (USA) Learning Fun II - Word Wizard, Memory Fun (USA) Lock 'N' Chase (USA, Europe) (Rev 1) Lock 'N' Chase (USA, Europe) Loco-Motion (USA) Magic Carousel (USA) (Proto) (Alt 1) Magic Carousel (USA) (Proto) Major League Baseball ~ Big League Baseball ~ Baseball (World) Masters of the Universe - The Power of He-Man (USA, Europe) Melody Blaster (USA, Europe) Microsurgeon (USA, Europe) Mind Strike (USA, Europe) Minotaur (USA) Mission X (USA, Europe) Motocross (USA) Mountain Madness - Super Pro Skiing (USA) Mouse Trap (USA, Europe) Mr. BASIC Meets Bits 'N Bytes (USA)(Mr. BASIC) Mr. BASIC Meets Bits 'N Bytes (USA) (LEFT Vampire Bats) Mr. BASIC Meets Bits 'N Bytes (USA)(LEFT The Cannon) Mr. BASIC Meets Bits 'N Bytes (USA)(RIGHT The Cannon) NASL Soccer ~ Soccer (World) NBA Basketball ~ Basketball (USA, Europe) NFL Football ~ Football (World) NHL Hockey ~ Hockey (World) Night Stalker (World) Nova Blast (USA, Europe) Pac-Man (USA) (Atarisoft) Pac-Man (USA) (INTV Corp.) Party Line - Blow Out (USA) (Proto) PBA Bowling ~ Bowling (World) PGA Golf ~ Golf (World) Pinball (USA) Pitfall! (USA, Europe) Pole Position (USA) Popeye (USA, Europe) Q-bert (USA, Europe) Reversi (USA, Europe) River Raid (USA, Europe) (Beta) River Raid (USA, Europe) Royal Dealer (USA, Europe) Safecracker (USA, Europe) Scooby Doo's Maze Chase (USA, Europe) Sea Battle (World) Sewer Sam (USA) Shark! Shark! (USA, Europe) Sharp Shot (USA, Europe) Slam Dunk - Super Pro Basketball (USA) Slap Shot - Super Pro Hockey (USA) SNAFU (World) Space Armada (World) Space Battle (World) Space Hawk (USA, Europe) Space Spartans (USA, Europe) Spiker - Super Pro Volleyball (USA) Stadium Mud Buggies (USA) Stampede (USA, Europe) Star Strike (World) Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back (USA, Europe) Sub Hunt (USA, Europe) Super Cobra (Europe, Canada) Super Pro Decathlon (USA) Super Pro Football (USA) Swords & Serpents (USA, Europe) Tennis (World) Thunder Castle (USA) Tower of Doom (USA) Triple Action (World) Triple Challenge - Chess, Checkers, Backgammon (USA) Triple Challenge - Chess, Checkers, Backgammon (USA)(Backgammon) Triple Challenge - Chess, Checkers, Backgammon (USA)(LEFT Chess) Triple Challenge - Chess, Checkers, Backgammon (USA)(RIGHT Chess) TRON Deadly Discs (USA, Europe) TRON Maze-A-Tron (USA, Europe) TRON Solar Sailer (USA, Europe) Tropical Trouble (USA, Europe) Truckin' (USA) Turbo (USA, Europe) Tutankham (Europe) US Ski Team Skiing ~ Skiing (World) USCF Chess ~ Chess (USA, Europe) Utopia (USA, Europe) Vectron (USA, Europe) (Alt 1) Vectron (USA, Europe) Venture (USA, Europe) White Water! (USA, Europe) World Championship Baseball (USA) World Cup Football (Europe) World Series Major League Baseball (USA) [LEFT American League] World Series Major League Baseball (USA)(RIGHT National League) Worm Whomper (USA, Europe) Zaxxon (USA, Europe)

95 downloads

(0 reviews)

3 comments

Submitted

6. Mattel Intellivision - 2D Cart Fronts

The front covers that these use are not mine they were on my hard drives that I downloaded ages ago, don't know who they belong to, I created the Carts.
    If there are any mistakes or missing covers let me know at jayrox1965@yahoo.co.uk and I will try to fix them, thanks.

74 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

7. Mattel Intellivision Complete Marquee Set

Since I've recently added a 28" Marquee. I wanted to make the marquees standard out bit to match my style. I'm creating all of my 220 systems which I will upload here.

123 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

8. Mattel Intellivision Silver Ring

Template and Platform logo files are included in the archive.

109 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted