LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Dreamcast

24 files

1. ABeezy's Sega Dreamcast 2.5D Front Boxart

Hello everyone,

There are a few other Dreamcast sets that do exist out there however the difference here is the resolution is much higher and the set is uniform. This set will be part of a uniform series with other platforms to come that use the same exact jewel case style template along with same size dimensions and high resolution artwork. This set like all of my sets includes a uniform "Dreamcast" banner (both white and black spine games) when scrolling through your games for nice uniformity. This is all 247 released NTSC Dreamcast games following the no-intro naming scheme. When dropping these in your Launchbox build there may be a few boxes that do not autoload due to the name differences between how Launchbox scrapes the games and what no-intro names them. Therefore you may have to manually update a few images to your liking or use an alternate name within Launchbox itself. Also contained within this set is a second folder with an additional game that received an alternate cover! This should cover everything but as always if anyone notices any errors please let me know. Enjoy!

Hey everybody,
    So I have completely updated my Dreamcast NTSC 2.5D box art. My original Dreamcast set was not very good being one of my first sets I did and it was in need of a higher resolution set for better viewing. I have gone ahead and redid this set with much higher quality images. These files are much larger in both size and dimensions and provide for a better viewing experience so I suggest you download these and delete my old set (or any Dreamcast set you have as per usual its probably the best out there). 
    This is all 247 released NTSC Dreamcast games following the no-intro naming scheme. When dropping these in your Launchbox build there may be a few boxes that do not autoload due to the name differences between how Launchbox scrapes the games and what no-intro names them. Therefore you may have to manually update a few image names to your liking or use an alternate name within Launchbox itself. As always any issues with any images please reach out.
    Few other small updates too:
    Updated spine logos on both black and white label Dreamcast games for accuracy. The few games that came in the double cd/thick jewel cases are now represented correctly. Few other minor tweaks.  
    Feel free to also check out and download my Dreamcast disc art which can be located here. (coming soon)

1,069 downloads

(3 reviews)

1 comment

Updated

2. Dreamcast Fronts, Backs, Logo's & Spines

As I own a European Dreamcast, this started as a project to get the EU covers sorted out so that BigBox would look good. There are a lot of good quality scans in the LB db and online, but most of the backs have the spines attached and a notch where the back slotted into the EU case. As we don't yet have an EU case (deeper than the NA and JP cases with a notch where the hinge is) - I decided to split the spines out and fill in the notches. 

This isn't limited to just EU, I have also tidied up the North American "Exclusives" that the EU didn't get, and included some notable Japanese games that are English "friendly"  

Specifics:
    (noting that for the default EU, NA and JP cases to work by region, you'll need to set the region within the games metadata first)

European
    Where necessary, front covers have been tweaked to remove damage and roughly colour matched Backs have had their top/bottom right "notches" filled in Spines have been separated out and edges cleaned up A lot of logo's created / modified to match the EU fronts
      Shenmue and Shenmue II became a sub-project to get their spines to accurately reflect the box end showing the 2x cases inside (thanks to @goofers for your template assistance). I've included a separate 7z with the other end of the Shenmue cases if you prefer the flat edge version i.e. not the 2x jewel cases inside end (hopefully one day we'll be able to assign left / right / top / bottom images to boxes and then you can use both).

If you do want to replicate the look - override the default case to a box, force the Box background colour [ R:65 G:106 B:160 ] and uncheck the "draw image logo" top side option...oh, and don't convert the front / back Shenmue / Shenmue II box images to jpg (from png) otherwise you'll lose the transparency effect of the cut outs
      ...and finally - I've modified the LB Platform Dreamcast logo to have a blue pixel to reflect the EU console model look  
      North American
    Not a lot done with the fronts or backs Spines cleaned up - or where the resolution was low - recreated in PowerPoint A few logo's created / modified
    Japanese
    Fronts and backs colour matched. Some AI upscaled Spines cleaned up - or where the resolution was low - recreated in PowerPoint A few logo's created / modified

Japanese game specifics: Mobile Suit Gundam: Federation vs. Zeon DX - should have the default case over-ridden to a Jewel case with Solid Spine
    Cosmic Smash / Karous / Triggerheart Exelica / Under Defeat - all should have the default case over-ridden to a DVD case
    Last Hope: Pink Bullets - should have the default case over-ridden to a DVD case and force the background colour [ R:235 G:67 B:158 ]

Ad-hoc Updates
    For the odd update - such as the updated "NBA Showtime: NBA on NBC" logo - I've added it to the screenshots to save re-uploading the whole Clear Logo 7z (plus saves everyone from having to download the file again for one new logo) 15th August - added Nightmare Creatures II updated logo to the screenshots 16th August - added a separate 7z file for "Golf Shiyouyo: Kouryaku Pack" as (I believe) you would need this game to access the "Golf Shiyouyo: Course Data Shuu: Adventure-hen" course data disc
    EU Games List:
    NA Games List:
    JP Games List:

373 downloads

(0 reviews)

4 comments

Updated

3. Sega Dreamcast Backgrounds (Dark)

I recently started using the Unified Lives! theme, it supports fanart for systems and games, which is a nice feature. Here's backrounds for 290 Dreamcast games, I've lowered the brightness as I like the background not to overpower the logo/box art....

54 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

4. Sega Dreamcast (Europe) Spines

New Spines for the Sega Dreamcast European boxes.   The game ID at the bottom is the same for all images but i dont think that matters.
    I've had a look on the net and saw that some boxes spines just have white text so if anyone wants just a text version of these let me know
    These go with @Robin55 Dreamcast 2D Europe boxes

81 downloads

(0 reviews)

2 comments

Updated

5. Sega Dreamcast Anamorphic 16:9 Project - Play Dreamcast Games in Widescreen with No Pop In. Config Files for Flycast Core in RetroArch. No Stretching

Did you know cheat codes can be applied to Dreamcast games to make them play in true anamorphic 16:9 widescreen?
    Yes you can. The Flycast core even has these hard coded with an option to automatically apply them when available.

What is this project and why am I doing this?
    I discovered that some games with cheats available had a lot of pop in. So I decided to test every game with a widescreen cheat to see which worked with no pop in and log all this information down. 
    Most of these work, with a negligible amount having pop in or other issues. All of this info will be in the list below.

I am providing RetroArch config files for the games that actually work in 16:9. With these you can simply drop them into RetroArch.
    With widescreen hacks and cheats turned off in the core options, you can rest assured only games with working widescreen will be activated. And the rest playing as per normal/your settings.

The resolution has been set to 1440x1080 and VMU1 setting used for memory card management. Everything else, aside from the widescreen cheats and hack option, is default.

With the natively widescreen games, some actually have widescreen cheats available and have better results. 
    Other widescreen games that have a 16:9 option will need a per game override config file (provided) to set RetroArch itself to 16:9. This is due to Flycast/RetroArch not auto adjusting to 16:9 when selected in game.
    A game specific core options file will also be provided for the native widescreen games. This will have widescreen cheats and hacks turned off so it will not clash if you have these turned on.

I also tested the core widescreen hack on the entire USA/European library and some Japanese games. This yielded only a small amount of games that actually work with this function. Cheats are almost always far better. 
    Needless to say this has taken quite a while with multiple passes made.

I spend hours doing this so you don't have to  Creating a 'definitive' pack for play..... not display.

Important: Ensure your games are the correct region. A lot of the cheat codes for widescreen are Region specific. With the European or Japanese version taking precedence over the USA version.
    USA versions are always my default. Sometimes the USA cheat didn't work but the USA or Japan version did.
    This makes this list the 'Widescreen' list. Ensure your games are the correct region. 

Please also check the name of your games and the config files are the same otherwise they will not work. Redump naming conventions used.
    Also, remember we are forcing widescreen on games that did not support it. Some menus and UI elements may still be stretched or within the 4:3 space.

Where do I put these files? Easy. RetroArch/config/Flycast - place the config files here

Below is the list of games that have been broken down into 4 categories: Native Widescreen Games, Games Working with Widescreen Cheats, Games Working with Widescreen Hack, Games With Cheats that Do Not Work 

Native Widescreen Games
    AeroWings (USA) Native Only Donald Duck: Goin' Quackers (USA) Use native widescreen over Cheat Code F355 Challenge: Passione Rossa (USA) Use native widescreen over Cheat Code MSR - Metropolis Street Racer (USA) Use Cheat over Native Widescreen
    Has a unlockable 16:9 option. However cheat codes work better. Rayman 2: The Great Escape (USA) Use native widescreen over Cheat Code Starlancer (USA) Native Only Test Drive: V-Rally (USA) Native Only Tokyo Highway Racer / Tokyo Xtreme Racer (Europe) Use Cheat over Native Widescreen.
    Runs at 50fps/PAL Tokyo Highway Racer 2 / Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2 (Europe) Use Cheat over Native Widescreen Toy Commander (USA) Native Only Toy Racer (USA) Native Only TrickStyle (USA) Widescreen option doesn't save. Manually select it in game every play session Wacky Races (USA) Native Only
    Games Working with Widescreen Cheats
    18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker (USA)   4 Wheel Thunder (USA)   AeroWings 2: Airstrike (Europe) Game Runs at 50Hz - 25fps Alien Front Online (USA)   Blue Stinger (USA)   Bomber Hehhe! (Japan)   Bomberman Online (USA)   Buggy Heat (Japan)   Cannon Spike (USA) When locked on the target is slightly miss aligned. Playable Capcom vs. SNK 2: Millionaire Fighting 2001 (Japan)   Carrier (USA)   Charge 'n Blast (Europe)   ChuChu Rocket! (Europe)   Coaster Works (Europe)   Cosmic Smash (Japan)   Crazy Taxi (USA)   Crazy Taxi 2 (USA)   Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram (USA)   D2 (USA)   Daytona USA (USA)   Dead or Alive 2 (USA)   Draconus: Cult of the Wyrm (USA)   Dragon Riders: Chronicles of Pern (USA)   Dynamite Cop (USA)   Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future (Europe)   Evolution 2: Far Off Promise (USA)   Evolution: The World of Sacred Device (Europe)   Fighting Vipers 2 (Europe)   Floigan Bros.: Episode 1 (Europe)   Fur Fighters (USA)   Gauntlet Legends (Europe) Has a black bar at top of screen. Playable. Godzilla Generations (Japan)   Godzilla Generations Maximum Impact (Japan)   Golem no Maigo / The Lost Golem (Japan)   Headhunter (Europe)   House of the Dead 2, The (USA) Black bars in 4:3 space during cut scenes. Will need calibrating. Illbleed (USA)   Karous (Japan)   La Mans 24 Hours (Europe)   Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (USA)   Looney Tunes: Space Race (USA)   Maken X (USA)   Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes (USA)   Millenium Racer - Y2K Fighters (Unl)   Mortal Kombat Gold (USA)   Nightmare Creatures II (USA)   Outtrigger (Europe)   Pen Pen (Europe)   Plasma Sword: Nightmare of Bilstein (USA)   Power Stone (USA)   Power Stone 2 (USA)   Project Justice (USA)   Propeller Arena (Unl)   Rainbow Cotton (Japan)   Re-Volt (Europe)   Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2 (Europe)   Record of Lodoss War (Europe) Hud and menu elements don't line up. Playable. Red Dog: Superior Firepower (Europe)   Resident Evil Code: Veronica (USA)   Rez (USA)   Rippin' Riders Snowboarding (USA)   Samba de Amigo (Europe)   Seaman (USA)   Sega GT (Europe)   Sega Marine Fishing (USA)   Seven Mansions: Ghastly Smile / Nanatsu no Hikan - Senritsu no Bishou (Japan)   Seventh Cross: Evolution (USA)   Shadow Man (Europe)   Silent Scope (Europe) Miss aligns target overlay on enemies when zoomed out. Playable. Skies of Arcadia (USA)   SoulCalibur (USA)   Space Channel 5: Part 2 (Japan)   Spawn: In the Demon's Hand (USA)   Star Wars: Episode I: Racer (USA)   Super Magnetic Neo (USA)   Super Runabout: San Francisco Edition (Europe)   Surf Rocket Racers (Europe) Game Runs at 50Hz - 25fps PAL Suzuki Alstare Extreme Racing (Europe) Slight pop in on bike models, barely detectable playing at full speed. Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage (USA) Slight pop in on models. Playable Time Stalkers (Europe)   Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (USA)   Vanishing Point (Europe)   Virtua Fighter 3tb (Europe)   Virtua Tennis 2 (Europe)   Wetrix+ (Europe)   World Series Baseball 2K2 (USA)   Zero Gunner 2 (Japan) Slight pop in. Playable. Zombie Revenge (USA)   Zusar Vasar (Japan)   Mr. Driller (Europe)   Games Working with Widescreen Hack
    Chaos Field (Japan) F1 World Grand Prix (USA) F1 World Grand Prix II (Europe) Fire Pro Wrestling D (Japan) Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX (USA) Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (USA) WWF Royal Rumble (USA) Games With Cheats that Do Not Work
    Biohazard: Code: Veronica Complete (Japan) Cheat will pick this version up and apply cheat codes, unfortunately they do not work. Capcom vs SNK: Millennium Fight 2000 Pro (Japan) Cheat Misplaces health bars and menu systems. Capcom vs. SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium 2001 (Japan) You can see the edges of the backgrounds. Confidential Mission (Europe) Cheat deactivated from core with reason 'only works on real hardware' Deadly Skies (Europe) Lots of pop in Death Crimson 2: Meranito no Saidan (Japan) Lots of pop in Death Cromson OX (USA) Lots of pop in Frame Gride (Japan) Lots of pop in Gundam Side Story 0079: Rise From the Ashes (USA) Lots of pop in Half Life (Unl) Cheat deactivated from core with reason 'not working' Jet Grind Radio (USA) Lots of pop in Kao the Kangaroo (USA) Lots of pop in Kiss Psycho Circus - The Nightmare Child (USA) Cheat deactivated from core Max Steel (USA) Lots of pop in Napple Tale: Arsia In Daydream (Japan) Cheat deactivated from core NBA 2K2 (USA) Cheat deactivated from core Sega Rally 2 (USA) Cheat deactivated from core Shenmue (Europe) Lots of pop in Shenmue II (Europe) Lots of pop in Slave Zero (Europe) Euro version goes to console/bios menu and wont play the game Sonic Adventure (USA) Cheat causes pop-in on the right hand side of the screen only. Sonic Adventure 2 (USA) Cheat causes pop-in on the right hand side of the screen only. Sonic Shuffle (USA) Lots of pop in Super Runabout: San Francisco Edition (Europe) Cheat deactivated from core Tennis 2K2 (USA) Cheat only stretches to 16:9. Use Euro version (Virtua Tennis 2) to get this to work Test Drive La Mans (USA) Cheat doesn't work. Use Euro version (La Mans 24 Hours) to get this to work The Ring: Terror's Realm (USA) Lots of pop in TNN Motorsports Hardcore Heat (USA) Cheat only stretches to 16:9. Use Japan version (Buggy Heat) to get this to work. Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation (Europe) Cheat deactivated from core. Ultimate Fighting Championship (USA) Cheat causes camera to not be aligned. Euro vers has major pop-in Virtua Athlete 2K (Europe) Cheat deactivated from core Virtua Tennis (USA) Lots of pop in Volgarr the Viking (Unl) Cheat deactivated from core

358 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

6. High Res Box fronts 2D

High Res box fronts. Some Costum and some cleaned up.

247 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

7. Sega Dreamcast 2D Box Pack - Japan (544) (2 Versions)

This is a complete collection of 2D Boxes for the Sega Dreamcast Japan Region. There are two versions. A version with all the covers squared off and a version with all the covers in CD Jewel case templates.
    Many thanks go out to @aorin1 for his database which is attached.
    LIST OF BOXES IN THIS COLLECTION:

SEGA DREAMCAST - JAPAN.xml

704 downloads

(0 reviews)

3 comments

Updated

8. Sega Dreamcast 2D Box Pack - Europe (260) (2 Versions)

This is a complete collection of 2D Boxes for the Sega Dreamcast Europe Region. There are two versions. A version with all the covers squared off and a version with all the covers in CD Jewel case templates.

821 downloads

(0 reviews)

1 comment

Submitted

9. Sega Dreamcast Disc Pack - Japan (433)

This is a collection of 433 Sega Dreamcast Discs for the Japanese Region.
    Thanks go out to @aorin1 for downloading the original scans and for helping rename them.
    LIST OF DISCS IN THE PACK:

434 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

10. Sega Dreamcast 3D Box Pack - Japan (563)

This is a complete collection of 563 3D Boxes for the Sega Dreamcast Japan Region.
    @aorin1's XML is attached. Thanks for that Aorin.

DISCS CAN BE DOWNLOADED HERE:

507 downloads

(0 reviews)

1 comment

Updated

11. Sega Dreamcast 3D Box Pack - Japan - Authentic Set (563)

This is the Authentic version of the Sega Dreamcast Japan Set. This means it uses the Templates made by @Suprakarma some of which I have altered slightly. 101 Boxes have inlays that have been researched properly so they are correct. About 20 boxes that should have inlays don't as inlays could not be found for them.The Database was made by  @aorin1. Thanks again Aorin!

436 downloads

(1 review)

5 comments

Updated

12. Sega Dreamcast Disc Pack - Europe (277)

This is a complete collection of 277 Discs for the Sega Dreamcast Europe region. 

LIST OF DISCS  INCLUDED:

3D BOXES CAN BE DOWNLOADED HERE:

520 downloads

(0 reviews)

2 comments

Updated

13. Sega Dreamcast 3D Box Pack - Europe (255) (2 Versions)

This is a complete collection of 3D Boxes for the Sega Dreamcast Europe region. There are two versions: A set with gloss and a set without gloss.
    Big thanks go out to @goofers for his excellent template. When starting a project a good template always helps immensely.
    LIST OF BOXES INCLUDED:
    WITHOUT GLOSS:
    WITH GLOSS:

990 downloads

(4 reviews)

12 comments

Updated

14. Marquees - Sega Dreamcast

Custom Marquees for the Dreamcast platform.
    Examples:

471 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

15. Shro2016 1:1 Pack - Sega Dreamcast (EU)

This file contains the complete 1:1 cover set for all Sega Dreamcast games released in the United Kingdom Region and in the EU cover variant. 
    All files have been created by myself using the various repositories on the Internet for source materials and all have been adapted to suit the 1:1 file ratio and all have had a custom Dreamcast overlay applied so that they appear uniform in the set.
    The file format is JPG to keep file size small and hopeful better performance on low spec machines. The file dimensions are all 500x500
    1:1 Packs for other consoles will be added shortly.

346 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

16. Sega Dreamcast Disc Images (US)

Hey Guys 
    Here are the Dreamcast Disc Images (US) used where possible PAL and PAL/J used where no good quality image could be found or if they looked good 
    233 Disc Images 
    Within the download is the template so you can make your own  
    Please let me know what you think 
    *If any one has high quality Images (1400X1400) please message me for Saturn or Sega CD or even Dreamcast 
    ** If you want a game done specifically please let me know 

649 downloads

(1 review)

1 comment

Submitted

17. Sega Dreamcast Disc Images (2 files, see listing)

Just a couple of Sega Dreamcast Disc images that were missing from my set, taken from the internet. So some are literally just pictures of discs, but does the job for completing my set. I've also dropped in a template for anyone needing additional discs with the correct Template size for Launchbox.
    Mr.Driller / MS.Pac-Man Maze Madness

69 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

18. CP78 Sega Dreamcast Videos For Launchbox

22 Sega Dreamcast videos with spinning cases and discs. Only the best games!
    I plan on adding more games and and adding more systems. 1080p @ 30fps
    You may need to change the name to match the name of your games.
    A full preview is here: 

794 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

19. Sega Dreamcast Clear Logos

Enjoy

440 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

20. COMPLETE PAL DREAMCAST SCANS (jpeg)

Scene Release from back in 2009 (the Data Preservation Society never deletes from their servers) ...  The_PAL_Dreamcast_Scans_Collection_DC-MDG
    nfo included.
    Preserving and archiving is my passion , lets keep these Gems alive !

mdg-pdsc.nfo

217 downloads

(2 reviews)

1 comment

Submitted

21. Dreamcast Game Covers

From Scene Release ... Dreamcast_Covers_and_Manuals_Vol._1_USA_DC-EEA
    enjoy.

252 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

22. Sega Dreamcast USA manuals (pdf)

these are from proper scene release.... Dreamcast_Covers_and_Manuals_Vol._1_USA_DC-EEA
    ChuChu_Rocket.pdf
    DC_ChuChu_Rocket_Manual.pdf
    DC_Console_Manual_(US).pdf
    DC_Crazy_Taxi_2_Manual.pdf
    DC_Crazy_Taxi_Manual.pdf
    DC_D2_Manual.pdf
    DC_Dead_Or_Alive_2_Manual.pdf
    DC_Ecco_The_Dolphin_Manual.pdf
    DC_House_Of_The_Dead_2_Manual.pdf
    DC_Illbleed_Manual.pdf
    DC_Jet_Grind_Radio_Manual.pdf
    DC_MakenX_Manual.pdf