LaunchBox Community Forums

Nostalgia |4:3| video Set 1.3.2

(4 reviews)

10 Screenshots

About This File

The idea of this set is to place the gameplay video in context, with the hardware of its time. A touch of nostalgia to better understand an unknown material especially for the youngest. Most of the montages use the EmuMovie gameplay videos. The others are mine.

This video set is also available in 16:9 ratio here

I also share the gameplay videos I create with the help of the community.
On EmuMovie FTP :       "Upload here > _Video Snap Submissions > Viking (Platform Video)"

/!\  IMPORTANT NEWS  /!\

Dad of 2 young children, I dont have enough time to make another video.
Thanks to him, @dragon57 are nicely create new video for this set. You can find additional videos here.

If other people are interested in creating video for this set, here is a Mega link to download a 7zip archive with some source files that will help you stay in the graphical lines.
Thank you for your help and your understanding! ;)

// VIDEO //

• Platform =  253 videos
  • Category = 5 videos

// INFORMATION //

• 4:3 format
  • HD resolution : 1440x1080px
  • MP4 format - H264 Codec - AAC audio - most with 30fps
  • EmuMovie or community video integration, unless not available, I created myself the games loop.

Arcade.jpg

// INSTRUCTION //

There is 2 way to download my videos :

Way 1 : The easy one

• In LaunchBox, go to "tools > Download platform video theme"
  • Select "Viking's Nostalgia (4x3)"
  • Clic "OK"

Way 2 : By hand

• Download files here one by one and copy into :    ... / LauchBox / Themes / <theme name> / Videos / Platforms / ...
  • Rename the videos exactly as the name of the desired platform in LaunchBox.
  • Launch BigBox

preview_002.jpgpreview_003.jpg

What's New in Version 1.3.2   See changelog

Released

• add +1 new CATEGORY video (favourite)
  • add +1 new PLATFORM video (Sega Naomi 2)
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 3
  • Game On 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thx !

@Britxcdn : I have a windows video planned. But oriented arcade stick game compatible. (Broforce, shovel knight ...) I can make another version with EmuMovie standard video. 

@Hexxxer : No, the file will be too big. There are problems with the download too large file on the forum. Sorry.

@bundangdon : No. There will be no 16:9 version. Made by me at least. It requires too much work to redo all the videos. To center the photomontage, I have to take all background and all the work on shadows paint. Again, I work on a theme that will solve this problem. You'll be able to use my videos on every screen ratio. =)

For my theme, I waiting a @Jason Carr update for wheel alignement capacity. But he have a lot of work on v7 for now I gess !

Edited by viking
  • Like 1

Thank you for contributing your beautiful videos. It truly brings back my old memory with details of console/system and game on screen.

Since I was growing up in Korea, my childhood memories are related to Japanese consoles such as MSX, Nintendo Famicom, PC-Engine Duo etc..

I can't wait to see all grey list that you are planning to port. Wanted to add how happy I am to find your videos!!

ps. It would be nice if you add Nintendo Super Famicom as well. But that's just a little wish..

Edited by xmas
  • Like 1

@viking I just came across your videos and I must say that they are exactly what I was looking for.

Were you planning to do more platforms in the future? If so, I would love to see the Apple II and Apple II GS added.

What I really love about your platform videos is to see the hardware along the game play.

Awesome work!

Hi Viking its Daz, The first one to comment on your fantastic videos. Now I know you are extremely busy & I am looking forward to your theme for all videos for aspect ratio correction. I was wondering if you could update the Windows platform video to have 3D games like Project CARS ect as I liked the Xbox 360 & PS3 platform videos & as a Gaming PC is just as powerful it would look better & give more credit to the platform itself.  

This is great! The only comment I have is the graded fill of the background to the videos. This makes the video look out of place when it is placed in a theme:

r22tsi.png

Edited by Dan

Hey @viking, I love these, but I have a small little gripe with one of the videos, for the WonderSwan you used a SwanCrystal, which is actually an update on the WonderSwan Color. It doesn't bother me much, but it does seem strange. Also, at the end of the video you show emulation on a few titles that are meant to be emulated vertically, like the Puzzle Bobble title. I know the amount of beautiful work you put in these, but it'd be great to see this video updated, if possible, to match the astounding quality!

Edited by creamdonut

@Dan : This is a video player bug. As soon as I have time, I take care of it again.

@Lasse Jørgensen : Big Fish : it's PC game ? Or specific hardware ?

@Manuel Leiria : You are right ! I was wrong ! But I can not find a picture of the WonderSwan. In front, in high resolution and clear. You got one?

On 20/1/2017 at 11:41 AM, viking said:

@Dan : This is a video player bug. As soon as I have time, I take care of it again.

@Lasse Jørgensen : Big Fish : it's PC game ? Or specific hardware ? pc games http://www.bigfishgames.com/ they make a lot of games :)

@Manuel Leiria : You are right ! I was wrong ! But I can not find a picture of the WonderSwan. In front, in high resolution and clear. You got one?

Has anyone downloaded all 142 videos? Maybe along with the 16:9 set??

If so, can you please zip them and share the DL link with the rest of us, this is extremely painful to download... and that's too bad because these videos are awesome! (great job viking).

But having to sit here and press "Download this file", scroll down, find where you were on the list, press the specific video, scroll up again, press "Download this file" etc., with every single one of them, one at a time is a horrible experience!!!! You feel like your sanity is being tested or something like that.

I have downloaded 86, and can't do it anymore.. not a single one! I give up :/

Edited by YumKaax

Any chance of adding a "Magazine" platform video? I plan to integrate PDF versions of retrogame magazines and view them utilizing LaunchBox.

Edited by throwingmuse

Is there a set without the glare on the t.v. set?  It's a pretty pronounced border on the screen where it goes from full dark picture to the light glare.  It's like a definite line and a bit distracting. 

On 9/6/2017 at 5:23 PM, throwingmuse said:

Any chance of adding a "Magazine" platform video? I plan to integrate PDF versions of retrogame magazines and view them utilizing LaunchBox.

Sorry, I just saw this request. I have uploaded a Magazine themed cab video for both my Nostalgia additions sets. I hope my concept is close to what you are wanting.

8 hours ago, dragon57 said:

Sorry, I just saw this request. I have uploaded a Magazine themed cab video for both my Nostalgia additions sets. I hope my concept is close to what you are wanting.

Where is the download located?