LaunchBox Community Forums

Arcade 3D Boxes 2.0 3.4

(13 reviews)

22 Screenshots

About This File

Happy Christmas or Yule brothers!

Arcade 3D Boxes 2.0

Important: Press follow button in the upper right corner to get notified for any future updates to this project, future updates to this page will not be pushed to the "What's New" section.

I was inspired by the Mame 3D Boxes by @Robin55 and @Reevesad and the work by @spycat and @MadK9 

At first I experimented to convert Robin's work to a darker color as it fits my dark colored setup better, one thing let to another and was helped enormously by @Robin55 in the process of automation and more, if it wasn't for all his help and work this project wouldn't have happened, thanks again so much brother! \m/

The 3D boxes are mostly for the Mame set (could include other emulators as well) but only includes Arcade video games, no pinball, fruit machines and such.

Features:

• Covers based on official flyers, instruction flyers or fan art, customized official artwork and more. I've hunted down previously artwork missing from databases and/or very rare flyers, original resolution of these images can be low some times.
  • Each box has a logo for the game, if it was missing I've hunted it down or extracted it from images (I upload these logos to the database as well)
  • Each box has a logo of the company that either developed or published it (some flyers may have a different publisher from another region, bit confusing at times)
  • Each box is manually color corrected, cleaned and optimized
  • Some games have a second alternative version, made from cabinet side art, marquees or from a different region for example

Please remember if you miss boxes to also check the naming convention of the file and if it is the same as the most recent version in the database. Any entry with "The" in front (Like The Astyanax) will be included in the QRST pack.
NOTE! : After installing the images you have to select all (or any alphabetical range) arcade games (CTRL+A = select all) go to Tools and click 'Refresh selected images', let it load and cache and the games should now display the right 3D boxes. 

Hope you like :)

Credits
Thanks go out to anyone contributing and making art for the launchbox games database.

Thanks for any help, encouragement and advice:
@Robin55 @spycat @MadK9 @Reevesad @Jason Carr @Kondorito @zetec-s-joe @Fablog @andyco47 @mikty @PoloniumRain

Special thanks to:
@neil9000 and @Retro808 for those logistics ;) \m/

Edited by Mr. RetroLust

What's New in Version 3.4   See changelog

Released

- Added DoDonPachi SaiDaiOuJou thanks to @PoloniumRain for making it

• Like 43
  • Thanks 23
  • Haha 1
  • Unusual Gem 8

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Really nice set so far, have not downloaded yet, will wait till the set is complete.

I will stick to Robin55 set for now, as I did create an additional 300+ 3D boxes to complete my set at the time. 

Let me know if you need any help with any Logos as I have created sliver ring logos for my mame set + some (a lot of far east roms that I deleted) 

Looking really good so far, keep up the good work because I know that it is very time consuming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Reevesad said:

Really nice set so far, have not downloaded yet, will wait till the set is complete.

I will stick to Robin55 set for now, as I did create an additional 300+ 3D boxes to complete my set at the time. 

Let me know if you need any help with any Logos as I have created sliver ring logos for my mame set + some (a lot of far east roms that I deleted) 

Looking really good so far, keep up the good work because I know that it is very time consuming.

Thanks bro glad you like! :) Did you upload the missing artwork like clear logos, 3d boxes or box fronts to the database back then? If not, any of these files are very welcome! Yeah very time consuming indeed lol, been working like crazy these past few weeks to get a part of it done in time for christmas, but it is fun to do.

• Like 1

I uploaded the 300+ additional 3d boxes. A lot of them were using flyers and even screen shots. But it completed my set at the time. 

One of my hard drives died which had all the clear logos on. But they are all on another upload with a silver ring around them. So would be easy enough to make into clear. 

• Thanks 1

Sweet, then the boxes should already be converted, I'm slowly sorting all the auto conversions in different folders according to their status. I'll add you to the credits as well as I didn't knew you did so many boxes as well ;) Thanks I'll also have a look at those logos then bro, is it a full mame set?

No need to credit me mate, That doesn't bother me really, I'm just happy that we have so many people contributing their time and producing really good media. 

The 3d boxes were uploaded under my name, so should be able to find, oh just remembered they had quite a few of the clone games like Fenix, Batman = Phoenix (link below)

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/1260-mame-3d-boxes-330-launchbox-database-set/

The Silver ring Logos (2,316) were uploaded under my name, but the original version were made by JPG111 (617), (both links below)

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/1585-arcade-silver-ring-logos-2316-based-on-jpgiii-set/

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/1125-arcade-all-killer-no-filler-silver-ring-clear-logs/

Actually, I've found the original clear logo set on my other pc which I think were just downloaded from emumovies. let me know if you need the or if you need certain ones. I'm also not bad at manipulating flyers,boxes ect for the logos if needed.

• Thanks 1

@Reevesad I already added you to the credits ;), its the least we can do for eachother, like you said we do contribute a lot of time in these projects so its a bit of recognition for this dedication. Thanks bro, I downloaded all the logos from emumovies and launchbox as well, I'll download those ring sets as well in case there are missing logos present in there. \m/

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Dan said:

Pack 2, great :) Looking forward to the next pack to hopefully complete the set!

Glad you like :) It'll take a few packs to complete though, Mame showed me multiple times that it's always larger than I think lol but I'll get there ;)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Robin55 said:

Just downloaded the second pack @Mr. RetroLust. Everything looks great man :) Serious work!

Thanks brother very good to hear :) If you guys see any mistakes please let me know, I already found two wrong file names in the first pack which will be corrected in the next update pack.

16 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Glad you like :) It'll take a few packs to complete though, Mame showed me multiple times that it's always larger than I think lol but I'll get there ;)

Yes, I found that out after creating/amalgamating roughly 1800+ bezels for 16:9 ratio viewing. my HDD then crashed, lost my mame romset, downloaded the .202 set recently and boom well over 2800 roms. 

Have since been whitling it down by taking out the japanese text games, non working titles, mahjong games ect ect. got it down to about 2,300 so far but only upto the letter "O". 

When creating the bezels I was getting to the stage where I was questioning myself "do I really want to create bezels for games that I'm not even likely to play" but I had to get to the end.... and now looks like I'm gonna have to do some more to complete my set.

How many roms do you have in your current set?

ps, your 3D Boxes are blooming awesome. have now downloaded them to see what they look like with launchbox/bigbox

Edited by Reevesad
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Reevesad said:

Yes, I found that out after creating/amalgamating roughly 1800+ bezels for 16:9 ratio viewing. my HDD then crashed, lost my mame romset, downloaded the .202 set recently and boom well over 2800 roms. 

Have since been whitling it down by taking out the japanese text games, non working titles, mahjong games ect ect. got it down to about 2,300 so far but only upto the letter "O". 

When creating the bezels I was getting to the stage where I was questioning myself "do I really want to create bezels for games that I'm not even likely to play" but I had to get to the end.... and now looks like I'm gonna have to do some more to complete my set.

How many roms do you have in your current set?

ps, your 3D Boxes are blooming awesome. have now downloaded them to see what they look like with launchbox/bigbox

Thanks so much man, very good to hear :)

Yep I am having the same struggles like you, basically I'm a very OCD completionist beyond help, I feel a very strong urge to create any images as good as I can for every game but then again I can't, as much as I wish to, so I try to find a middle ground, for now my plan is to get at least a 3D box for as much games as possible in the mame arcade set, this requires a lot of googling to search for those obscure images and fixing them up, searching and cutting out the logos if needed as well. I also want to finish the arcade cabinets project and after thats done finish up the Neo Geo marquee set. On the side I also want to go through all mame marquees and search and create the highest quality possible up to 3840 pixels wide. After this is all done I like to create photo realistic bezels in 4k for most arcade games lol its a bit crazy and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get this far as I have to add many more other consoles and computers to my collection as well.

Damn I really hope my hdd wont crash, I never worked with a such latge quantity of data before so I guess the risk of this happening is far more realistic than before, will have to create backups.

I'm also deleting games I don't like from the Mame set including slots/mechanical/consoles etc., I'm at letter P atm, going through them one by one, it's quite relaxing to do so, around 3000 to go as I haven't merged them (forgot the name of the method when sub merge them with other titles)

Amazing work!!! Thank you so much for all the effort you put in to this. Looking forward to the rest of the set coming out this year. Cheers :)

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Johnny T said:

Amazing work!!! Thank you so much for all the effort you put in to this. Looking forward to the rest of the set coming out this year. Cheers :)

Thanks bro, glad you like :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Back up everything that you don’t want to lose...!

Will do! Thanks for the reminder, I'll make a backup later today as you never know :o

44 minutes ago, andyco47 said:

cant wait will the next set u got a time frame pal.

Probably a within two weeks (could be sooner or later) for the LMNOP pack, around 3 to 4 weeks for QRST and a week for UVWXYZ. For the update packs to the missing boxes I can't make an estimate yet but perhaps a month in total, all could go much faster maybe but depends on real life/time/health things.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Se podría hacer el box 3d flyer de Cadillacs and Dinosaur como el de la imagen que dejo a continuación?

También me gustaría nombrar algunos arcades que faltan de los dos primeros packs hasta el momento para hacerles el 3d boxes (para un futuro poder actualizar) son los siguientes:

3 On 3 Dunk Madness

Acrobat Mission

Astro Flash

Cannon Dancer

Capcom vs. SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium 2001

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs-01.png

50 minutes ago, MarianS3 said:

Se podría hacer el box 3d flyer de Cadillacs and Dinosaur como el de la imagen que dejo a continuación?

También me gustaría nombrar algunos arcades que faltan de los dos primeros packs hasta el momento para hacerles el 3d boxes (para un futuro poder actualizar) son los siguientes:

3 On 3 Dunk Madness

Acrobat Mission

Astro Flash

Cannon Dancer

Capcom vs. SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium 2001

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs-01.png

If you care to https://translate.google.com/ yourself I can answer you brother.