LaunchBox Community Forums

Arcade 3D Boxes 2.0 3.4

(12 reviews)

22 Screenshots

About This File

Happy Christmas or Yule brothers!

Arcade 3D Boxes 2.0

Important: Press follow button in the upper right corner to get notified for any future updates to this project, future updates to this page will not be pushed to the "What's New" section.

I was inspired by the Mame 3D Boxes by @Robin55 and @Reevesad and the work by @spycat and @MadK9 

At first I experimented to convert Robin's work to a darker color as it fits my dark colored setup better, one thing let to another and was helped enormously by @Robin55 in the process of automation and more, if it wasn't for all his help and work this project wouldn't have happened, thanks again so much brother! \m/

The 3D boxes are mostly for the Mame set (could include other emulators as well) but only includes Arcade video games, no pinball, fruit machines and such.

Features:

• Covers based on official flyers, instruction flyers or fan art, customized official artwork and more. I've hunted down previously artwork missing from databases and/or very rare flyers, original resolution of these images can be low some times.
  • Each box has a logo for the game, if it was missing I've hunted it down or extracted it from images (I upload these logos to the database as well)
  • Each box has a logo of the company that either developed or published it (some flyers may have a different publisher from another region, bit confusing at times)
  • Each box is manually color corrected, cleaned and optimized
  • Some games have a second alternative version, made from cabinet side art, marquees or from a different region for example

Please remember if you miss boxes to also check the naming convention of the file and if it is the same as the most recent version in the database. Any entry with "The" in front (Like The Astyanax) will be included in the QRST pack.
NOTE! : After installing the images you have to select all (or any alphabetical range) arcade games (CTRL+A = select all) go to Tools and click 'Refresh selected images', let it load and cache and the games should now display the right 3D boxes. 

Hope you like :)

Credits
Thanks go out to anyone contributing and making art for the launchbox games database.

Thanks for any help, encouragement and advice:
@Robin55 @spycat @MadK9 @Reevesad @Jason Carr @Kondorito @zetec-s-joe @Fablog @andyco47 @mikty @PoloniumRain

Special thanks to:
@neil9000 and @Retro808 for those logistics ;) \m/

Edited by Mr. RetroLust

What's New in Version 2.0   See changelog

Released

Version 2.0

•  Added the last pack: "TUVWXYZ - UPDATE PACK" Finally done! ?;)  (what a relief lol)

I'll prepare and package the tools and templates used upcoming days, I'll have to redo some scripts/actions to make them standalone so to speak.

NOTE! : After installing the images you have to select all (or any alphabetical range) arcade games (CTRL+A = select all) go to Tools and click 'Refresh selected images', let it load and the games should now display the right 3D boxes. 

• Like 42
  • Thanks 24
  • Haha 1
  • Unusual Gem 6

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

AlienMSIPro

4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Thank you very much friend.? ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to review
mooflesthacat

4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Best MAME boxes I've come across! Can't wait for the rest. Great Job!

Response from the author:

Thanks man! Glad you enjoy them as well, will take a few months as I like to keep the quality as high as possible, only have to do this once so I better take my time to make em look as nice as I can, few setbacks on health so it could take a little more time but hope you have patience :)

• Thanks 1
Link to review
arthurvalenca

· Edited by arthurvalenca

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

First I would like to thank you for your beautiful work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to review
Cheetos

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Very good looking style. Also, thanks for including templates.

• Game On 1
Link to review
ci2own

Have been waiting for something like this for years!

Can't thank you enough for your great job! :)

Will the 2D covers used for this set released too? ?

Thanks man glad you like :) All the fronts used are from the launchbox database or otherwise made and uploaded to the database, so you can use the scraper for this. Do note for scraping; it's either advertisement flyer front, advertisement flyer back, fan art box front, or arcade controls.

• Thanks 1
Link to review
Rincewind

Amazing work on these, the dark binding looks great on all themes too. 

Thank you so much brother! ;)

• Thanks 1
Link to review
DVNT

Beautiful black 3D boxes! Thanks Mr. RetroLust!

• Thanks 1
Link to review
bbertsa74

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

i'm speechless, this is great work to us all, arcade lovers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to review
gantraz

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Great work ☺️

• Thanks 1
Link to review
Retrofrogg

6 of 7 members found this review helpful 6 / 7 members

These are very good - an improvement on the previous standard for MAME 3D boxes. There seem to be 795 files here - looking forward to the updates to the rest of the set in 2019! Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to review
ChainZaw

1 of 2 members found this review helpful 1 / 2 members

Awesome work my friend! this covered like 90% of my library!

Thanks brother, a few update packs are coming still so hopefully a few percentage coverage more ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • The Cake is a Lie 1
  • Unusual Gem 1
Link to review
oldgamer

2 of 10 members found this review helpful 2 / 10 members

these are  nice but sad thing is they dont go by the real roms names for example you named the images Battletoads-01 and you should name the image  btoads because Battletoads on mame reads the roms zip files as btoads.zip, now I have to rename all these images to there orginal name ... Im ratiing this a 2 stars 

So because you just don't get how the launchbox database naming works you rate this 2 stars, thanks so much. 

• Thanks 1
Link to review