LaunchBox Community Forums

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Launchbox Theme 13.8

(15 reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

Neon Deluxe Arcade - LaunchBox Theme

banner.thumb.jpg.9208381856bcd6ae8cb62a9ff2464501.jpg

Note: This thread will not be pushed to the front in the "whats new" section, if you want notifications for future updates to this file be sure to follow this page by using the follow button in the upper right corner.

INTRO:

In a dark alley lit by black light and neon, an arcade resides; Neon Deluxe Arcade.

Neon Deluxe Arcade is a series of themes, if you like you can download these to accompany the complete theme:

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Badges

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Big Box Theme

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Launchbox Theme

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Startup Theme (Street)

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Startup Theme (Inside)

Mr. RetroLust's Realistic Retroarch Bezels (Same style > Dimmed lit retro gaming)

Mr. RetroLust's - Mame 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels (Same style > Dimmed lit retro gaming)

CREDITS:
Huge Thanks to @Grila for the inspiration and his permission and kindness to use his codes for especially the left sidebar and more from his LBPlex Launchbox Theme. Also huge thanks to @Rincewind for the inspiration and his permission and kindness to use his code of the Rincewind Launchbox Theme for full screen background images. I couldn't have made it as it is without you guys! Thanks to @C-Beats for adding the steam achievements to the theme, and the code for clear logos! Thanks to @faeran for the tip about video background transparency and the coding for the play time tracker. @Retro808 for the filters code, thanks man!

FEATURES:
More than I can mention, you just have to see it in action, one thing I can mention is that it features a bright green and slightly larger cache progress bar so you can't miss it when it's working to make a smooth experience :)

INSTALLATION:
Extract folder "Neon Deluxe Arcade LB" to Launchbox/LBThemes. Open Launchbox, go to Tools/Options/(Leftside bar) Visuals/Choose the theme in the dropdown bar. 

Tip: Tools/Options/Theme/Colors > Choose "Midnight Blue" for anything that was not possible to color change in Launchbox theming.

Important: This theme does not use fanart or platform backgrounds but a static 4K quality background, there are 7 backgrounds to choose from in the separate download, the image you want to display should be named "Background-01.jpg" and overwritten in \LBThemes\Neon Deluxe Arcade LB\Images. In order to get it working as you see in the screenshots please set your background settings to:

settings.thumb.PNG.58bf1e70e2c58e151b7077f742276927.PNG

Hope you enjoy, have fun brothers!

Edited by Mr. RetroLust

What's New in Version 13.8   See changelog

Released

- New search function and pop up for latest LB version, thanks to @faeran

• Like 41
  • Thanks 11
  • The Cake is a Lie 1
  • Unusual Gem 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Lust, the progress bar now looks nice, however the text on it is showing black, which makes it impossible to see. In the midnight blue theme the foreground color for text is white, so maybe there is either something that needs to be tweaked in the theme, or something I might be doing wrong :S 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Kondorito said:

Lust, the progress bar now looks nice, however the text on it is showing black, which makes it impossible to see. In the midnight blue theme the foreground color for text is white, so maybe there is either something that needs to be tweaked in the theme, or something I might be doing wrong :S 

Oh damn lol, I'll take a look at it, thanks for checking bro, keep on notifying when you see other things as well.

9 hours ago, Kondorito said:

Can you make a screenshot of it and which color theme you use when you see the black text?

9 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Can you make a screenshot of it and which color theme you use when you see the black text?

Ok, the below is when selecting to update community star ratings for example:

image.thumb.png.25cc5b32cfc3cba48f044e47cb823760.pngAnd theme is Midnight Blue.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, That_Zesty_Sauce said:

Without side bar words overlap in top-left corner. Otherwise great job!

Untitled.png

Please download the newest version 1.4 it should fix that problem

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Please download the newest version 1.4 it should fix that problem

Wow, great work, insanely quick fix, no problems what so ever. 10/10 . You're the real MVP.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, That_Zesty_Sauce said:

Wow, great work, insanely quick fix, no problems what so ever. 10/10 . You're the real MVP.

Haha thanks but it was already released yesterday, I forgot to delete the older version which didnt had a version number behind it, logically people would see that one as the latest version. Have fun bro!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Haha thanks but it was already released yesterday, I forgot to delete the older version which didnt had a version number behind it, logically people would see that one as the latest version. Have fun bro!

xD i looked at my wife like god damn that was fast...

• Haha 1

Man this theme is perfect for me. I saw it mentioned in the new LB update video and I don't think I'll ever need to use another theme again! Thanks again :)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JustinTense said:

Man this theme is perfect for me. I saw it mentioned in the new LB update video and I don't think I'll ever need to use another theme again! Thanks again :)

Thanks man, that;s an honor :) ?

• Thanks 1

I'm probably being dumb, but I can't get the main viewing areas background to use the background image. The sidebar does but the middle section with all the game boxes and such just uses the flat blue from the Midnight Blue set. How can I fix this?

2019-02-15_17-08-14.png

5 minutes ago, xCodeMonkeyx said:

I'm probably being dumb, but I can't get the main viewing areas background to use the background image. The sidebar does but the middle section with all the game boxes and such just uses the flat blue from the Midnight Blue set. How can I fix this?

2019-02-15_17-08-14.png

Have you tried this? settings.PNG

Oh see, told you I was being dumb. I missed that the fade background slider had been changed, i only toggled the use default background radio. Thanks, working now. 

• Game On 1

56 minutes ago, xCodeMonkeyx said:

Oh see, told you I was being dumb. I missed that the fade background slider had been changed, i only toggled the use default background radio. Thanks, working now. 

Enjoy bro! ?

This is beautiful man nice work! Do you know roughly when you will be releasing the Big Box theme too? I am a fellow Retro addict and i am currently developing a Retro themed Mugen game. Check out my youtube channel there is a download link for the very early beta version on there you might want to install into your Launchbox? My username is the same as here: Retroid84

Can't wait for the big box theme!

Cheers Screenshot_(187).thumb.png.c9e014470798f7e5fbb45408c45a4b7a.png

• Thanks 1