LaunchBox Community Forums

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Launchbox Theme 13.8

(15 reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

Neon Deluxe Arcade - LaunchBox Theme

banner.thumb.jpg.9208381856bcd6ae8cb62a9ff2464501.jpg

Note: This thread will not be pushed to the front in the "whats new" section, if you want notifications for future updates to this file be sure to follow this page by using the follow button in the upper right corner.

INTRO:

In a dark alley lit by black light and neon, an arcade resides; Neon Deluxe Arcade.

Neon Deluxe Arcade is a series of themes, if you like you can download these to accompany the complete theme:

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Badges

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Big Box Theme

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Launchbox Theme

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Startup Theme (Street)

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Startup Theme (Inside)

Mr. RetroLust's Realistic Retroarch Bezels (Same style > Dimmed lit retro gaming)

Mr. RetroLust's - Mame 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels (Same style > Dimmed lit retro gaming)

CREDITS:
Huge Thanks to @Grila for the inspiration and his permission and kindness to use his codes for especially the left sidebar and more from his LBPlex Launchbox Theme. Also huge thanks to @Rincewind for the inspiration and his permission and kindness to use his code of the Rincewind Launchbox Theme for full screen background images. I couldn't have made it as it is without you guys! Thanks to @C-Beats for adding the steam achievements to the theme, and the code for clear logos! Thanks to @faeran for the tip about video background transparency and the coding for the play time tracker. @Retro808 for the filters code, thanks man!

FEATURES:
More than I can mention, you just have to see it in action, one thing I can mention is that it features a bright green and slightly larger cache progress bar so you can't miss it when it's working to make a smooth experience :)

INSTALLATION:
Extract folder "Neon Deluxe Arcade LB" to Launchbox/LBThemes. Open Launchbox, go to Tools/Options/(Leftside bar) Visuals/Choose the theme in the dropdown bar. 

Tip: Tools/Options/Theme/Colors > Choose "Midnight Blue" for anything that was not possible to color change in Launchbox theming.

Important: This theme does not use fanart or platform backgrounds but a static 4K quality background, there are 7 backgrounds to choose from in the separate download, the image you want to display should be named "Background-01.jpg" and overwritten in \LBThemes\Neon Deluxe Arcade LB\Images. In order to get it working as you see in the screenshots please set your background settings to:

settings.thumb.PNG.58bf1e70e2c58e151b7077f742276927.PNG

Hope you enjoy, have fun brothers!

Edited by Mr. RetroLust

What's New in Version 13.8   See changelog

Released

- New search function and pop up for latest LB version, thanks to @faeran

• Like 41
  • Thanks 11
  • The Cake is a Lie 1
  • Unusual Gem 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

2 minutes ago, Retroid84 said:

This is beautiful man nice work! Do you know roughly when you will be releasing the Big Box theme too? I am a fellow Retro addict and i am currently developing a Retro themed Mugen game. Check out my youtube channel there is a download link for the very early beta version on there you might want to install into your Launchbox? My username is the same as here: Retroid84

Can't wait for the big box theme!

Cheers Screenshot_(187).thumb.png.c9e014470798f7e5fbb45408c45a4b7a.png

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Retroid84 said:

This is beautiful man nice work! Do you know roughly when you will be releasing the Big Box theme too? I am a fellow Retro addict and i am currently developing a Retro themed Mugen game. Check out my youtube channel there is a download link for the very early beta version on there you might want to install into your Launchbox? My username is the same as here: Retroid84

Can't wait for the big box theme!

Cheers Screenshot_(187).thumb.png.c9e014470798f7e5fbb45408c45a4b7a.png

Looks great man! Thanks glad you enjoy! The theme Neil pointed to is my first theme called Futurestate Neon Deluxe, based on Hexxers awesome theme. There will be a Neon Deluxe Arcade big box theme as well but I want to make it with the upcoming PASC CE software so I can fully realize my ideas.

Sounds great man cannot wait! I have just been starting and stopping games for the past half hour just to see that awesome startup theme too ha ha.

Cheers again!

• Game On 1

Update, version 1.5

• Included in the images folder are the extra new backgrounds of version 1.4.
  • Overhaul of the game details panel, this includes the screenshots on top, making the panel wider will show you more screenshots and visa versa
  • Small fixes to fonts and margins to make it look tidy, and more but the screenshots below tell a better story
  • Like 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

the theme looks great. Thanks for doing these.
But, I am not able to see changes on the fonts and the background changes depending on the game (it might be the intended way).

I following the installation instructions. I reinstalled fonts and windows is telling that they are already there.

Do I need to change more options? Am I missing something?

Thanks

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Flope said:

the theme looks great. Thanks for doing these.
But, I am not able to see changes on the fonts and the background changes depending on the game (it might be the intended way).

I following the installation instructions. I reinstalled fonts and windows is telling that they are already there.

Do I need to change more options? Am I missing something?

Thanks

Thanks! The background is intended that way indeed, it's an important part of the style. Seeing as windows is telling you the fonts are installed there must be something else going on, did you change fonts before in Launchbox>Tools>Options>Fonts>? There is a button in  that menu to "reset to defaults" maybe that will fix it? Also try a restart of Launchbox afterwards.

Version 1.6

Worked out layout game details a bit more, see screenshots below, title on top of notes, colors and font styles changed, dividers added;

Version 1.8

• Fonts are now properly embedded so you won't have to install them separately thanks to the new coding for themes by @Jason Carr
  • New screenshots reflecting latest version

Thanks so much for the update. This continues to be my go-to theme. Really appreciate your work on this series of art.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

Thanks so much for the update. This continues to be my go-to theme. Really appreciate your work on this series of art.

Thanks bro, good to hear :)

I would love to use the new badges feature that LB implemented. I would also love to keep using your theme. No rush to implement badges into your theme, I'm just letting you know that I'd love for it to happen.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, AdamEternal said:

I would love to use the new badges feature that LB implemented. I would also love to keep using your theme. No rush to implement badges into your theme, I'm just letting you know that I'd love for it to happen.

I tried implementing the badges code but I get errors :/ 

Why can't I see the badges? I've downloaded the updated theme & unzipped badges and restarted Launchbox but still no badges are shown. I've enabled several of them in View > Badges so how can I get them to show?

Thanx for the update though!

9 minutes ago, RetroSpyder said:

Why can't I see the badges? I've downloaded the updated theme & unzipped badges and restarted Launchbox but still no badges are shown. I've enabled several of them in View > Badges so how can I get them to show?

Thanx for the update though!

Be sure to go into launchbox/options/visuals/boxes/spacing and press the reset to defaults button, this will revert any manual spacing options which can cause the badges not to be shown.

edit: Also be sure to check "show badges" in the upper badges drop down, maybe it's obvious but you never know ;)

Edited by Mr. RetroLust

4 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Be sure to go into launchbox/options/visuals/boxes/spacing and press the reset to defaults button, this will revert any manual spacing options which can cause the badges not to be shown.

That didn't change anything unfortunately.

1 minute ago, RetroSpyder said:

That didn't change anything unfortunately.

Ok and you did check "show badges" in the badges drop down menu?

Just now, RetroSpyder said:

Yes

Then remove the theme folder and redownload the 2.0 version and reinstall, if that doesnt work then im out of ideas.

3 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Then remove the theme folder and redownload the 2.0 version and reinstall, if that doesnt work then im out of ideas.

OMG!!! I had placed the folders in the wrong place. I placed theme in the Themes folders and totally forgot that I had to place them in LBThemes folder LMAO!! ???

Now they show as intended!

• Haha 1