LaunchBox Community Forums

Community Theme Creator 3.1.5

(19 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Manuals / How to

Refer to my YouTube channel or visit Faeran's Theme Creator Workshop videos to better understand the new features.

Dave Paterson - YouTube

Development Live Streams - YouTube

COMMUNITY Theme Creator - Patreon

Edited by y2guru
Compatibility

What's New in Version 3.1.5   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 40
  • Thanks 24
  • Game On 4
  • Unusual Gem 15

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

36 minutes ago, y2guru said:

What version of launchbox/big box are you using?  ( the database could vary based on that version )  and I’ll make sure I’m using the same one

the latest beta, 11.9 beta 6

3 hours ago, y2guru said:

Seems to be an issue with your setup as no one else has reported a similar issue, but I’ll take a look at lunchtime and see what’s special with that platform and those range of games

What was the last title listed?  Mystery murder Jack the Ripper?

also the latest forum build is 1.0.8.97 but that wouldn’t address this issue 

7 hours ago, y2guru said:

What was the last title listed?  Mystery murder Jack the Ripper?

also the latest forum build is 1.0.8.97 but that wouldn’t address this issue 

For me, it was "Kobito Game Taizen" within the Nintendo 3DS folder. I'm using the latest forum build also

36 minutes ago, bundangdon said:

For me, it was "Kobito Game Taizen" within the Nintendo 3DS folder. I'm using the latest forum build also

Very strange, it works for me every time, using both the latest forum build and my future build.

image.thumb.png.dfc91632550941c73840d73364d01ced.png

image.thumb.png.f27e89a9496773f2d6c4f491a2b4fe14.png

6 hours ago, y2guru said:

Very strange, it works for me every time, using both the latest forum build and my future build.

image.thumb.png.dfc91632550941c73840d73364d01ced.png

image.thumb.png.f27e89a9496773f2d6c4f491a2b4fe14.png

Strange. I'll try it with a fresh install of Launchbox/BigBox and see what happens. Does it matter which version Windows you're running? I'm using the 2020 version (updated) of Windows 10 Pro

Update: I just tried it with a new/fresh install of LaunchBox and the results were the same - stops at Nintendo 3DS

Edited by bundangdon

Just wanted to put it out there that I would love to see this updated to support the brand new Wall View CoverFlow Wheel that comes with LaunchBox v11.10!

• Like 1

Hi, I'm having performance issue with my new theme that I'm building. It happens in game wheel view. The view has game video, box art and screenshot. At first the wheel works fine, but after I have scrolled through dozens of games the theme is slowing down. There is a huge lag when trying to navigate. This problem does not occur in BigBox default theme. When I close bigbox and start it again, the theme works fine, until I have scrolled through multiple games again. Could there be a memory leak or something? Don't know why it would slow downotherwise.

Using the latest build from LaunchBox and Community Theme Creator.

Edited by thimolor

30 minutes ago, thimolor said:

Hi, I'm having performance issue with my new theme that I'm building. It happens in game wheel view. The view has game video, box art and screenshot. At first the wheel works fine, but after I have scrolled through dozens of games the theme is slowing down. There is a huge lag when trying to navigate. This problem does not occur in BigBox default theme. When I close bigbox and start it again, the theme works fine, until I have scrolled through multiple games again. Could there be a memory leak or something? Don't know why it would slow downotherwise.

Please direct these performance issues to the big box team, the theme creator has not had any major changes since last year, big box has changed in the past 2 releases

• Thanks 1

On 4/13/2021 at 10:30 AM, thimolor said:

i fixed the lag/freeze issue, new Community Creator 1.0.8.99 is now available

• Thanks 1

Fantastic 2.0 update! I really like the improved hierarchy dragging, it's intuitive and there is no question where you are dragging the element in the editor. One thing I noticed, the editor window will not automatically scroll if I'm trying to drag an item up/down in the list. Am I not doing it right?

I know you are working on it, but I am really looking forward to wall view support. Thank you for all your hard work!

23 minutes ago, Knowcontrol said:

Fantastic 2.0 update! I really like the improved hierarchy dragging, it's intuitive and there is no question where you are dragging the element in the editor. One thing I noticed, the editor window will not automatically scroll if I'm trying to drag an item up/down in the list. Am I not doing it right?

I know you are working on it, but I am really looking forward to wall view support. Thank you for all your hard work!

A semi-circle bubble appears at the top and bottom of the list when dragging, simply move your mouse pointer into them and the list will scroll up and down, it actually detects the position within these bubbles, so the further in the faster it scrolls

Edited by y2guru
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Knowcontrol said:

Glad you like the hierarchy dragging, it was something i should have done a year ago, but was forced into it Friday thru to Sunday morning in order to remove all existing crash issues.

Maybe this isn't useful to most, but would it be possible to string videos - e.g. When one video ends, begin another, possibly with a fade-to-black as an option. This may be just too hard to program but I was curious.

P.S. Where are the crash logs? I'm getting some repeatable ones.

I have a Grid that is holding multiple grids (one grid per platform). Each of those platform grids has a visibility of Collapsed unless the platform name is abcxyz. Inside THAT grid is a media image and a media video. Both the image and video are set to visible. This all works as expected - the platform video and image are collapsed until that platform is selected, they are then displayed. The problem - the video begins playing in the background so you hear all 17 videos playing at once even though only one is being displayed. The code error that pops up is when the Mute is toggled for the video.

image.thumb.png.f0b0c2bfe0c09804fa4e926cc58150e2.png

Edited by Knowcontrol

46 minutes ago, Knowcontrol said:

Maybe this isn't useful to most, but would it be possible to string videos - e.g. When one video ends, begin another, possibly with a fade-to-black as an option. This may be just too hard to program but I was curious.

P.S. Where are the crash logs? I'm getting some repeatable ones.

I have a Grid that is holding multiple grids (one grid per platform). Each of those platform grids has a visibility of Collapsed unless the platform name is abcxyz. Inside THAT grid is a media image and a media video. Both the image and video are set to visible. This all works as expected - the platform video and image are collapsed until that platform is selected, they are then displayed. The problem - the video begins playing in the background so you hear all 17 videos playing at once even though only one is being displayed. The code error that pops up is when the Mute is toggled for the video.

image.thumb.png.f0b0c2bfe0c09804fa4e926cc58150e2.png

i dont keep crash logs, the exception is thrown into an exception window, so you can copy/paste to me

I would condition the visibility on the videos themselves, so that when collapsed they will not play, collapsing the parent grid will not cause the videos to stop

also you can direct your user defined videos to sequentially or randomly play videos one after another from various folders like this

image.thumb.png.7043108ae866839058665249e9bc9213.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, y2guru said:

i dont keep crash logs, the exception is thrown into an exception window, so you can copy/paste to me

I would condition the visibility on the videos themselves, so that when collapsed they will not play, collapsing the parent grid will not cause the videos to stop

also you can direct your user defined videos to sequentially or randomly play videos one after another from various folders like this

image.thumb.png.7043108ae866839058665249e9bc9213.png

also, looking at your hierarchy, you dont need to design a grid and image/video element for each platform, you can use metadata values to push into an image or video element 

For video

image.thumb.png.a5cf120e99a2e1b0702dca919325e28c.png

for images

image.thumb.png.8af1e8cffb6611f7065cbee0f2008e2a.png

On 8/11/2021 at 9:25 PM, y2guru said:

looking at your hierarchy, you dont need to design a grid and image/video element for each platform, you can use metadata values to push into an image or video element

I now remember why I did a grid for each image/video - that's because the videos for each platform need to be in a different location and size for each platform image. Yes, I can just use Viking's fully-combined videos but my intent was to keep the file size down by using the individual elements. (yes, they are significantly smaller if I use the video/image separate rather than have them combined as a single video file.)

Edited by Knowcontrol
  • Like 1

Hi All,

Need some help please!

When I specify a 'fan art' image as a background, it seems to show correctly in the editor, but in Big Box itself, it shows a logo or 3D game box instead.

I'm not sure if this is some sort of issue with the theme creator output, a setting in BigBox or I'm doing something wrong.

PS. Dave, this happens in the older version also, but I was waiting to see if v2 fixed it.

Theme file's available here if it helps, but happens in others also: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoFueavJ8K0m3Jc7PGBfyVCeBe_Ydw?e=5Pg68u

Image 1 is in the editor, Image 2 is in BigBox.

Thanks!!!

Image1.png

image2.png

Edited by asmithau

1 hour ago, asmithau said:

Hi All,

Need some help please!

When I specify a 'fan art' image as a background, it seems to show correctly in the editor, but in Big Box itself, it shows a logo or 3D game box instead.

I'm not sure if this is some sort of issue with the theme creator output, a setting in BigBox or I'm doing something wrong.

PS. Dave, this happens in the older version also, but I was waiting to see if v2 fixed it.

Theme file's available here if it helps, but happens in others also: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoFueavJ8K0m3Jc7PGBfyVCeBe_Ydw?e=5Pg68u

Image 1 is in the editor, Image 2 is in BigBox.

Thanks!!!

Image1.png

image2.png

Looks like your bigbox settings are favoring clear logos over fan art

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

@asmithau Have you checked your settings in Launchbox Tools/Media/Background Priorities?

Thanks @Mr. RetroLust - got me on the right track!

Needed to untick these two boxes on BigBox.

tweaks.jpg

Edited by asmithau
  • Like 1

Hello,
I have a problem when I am trying to create a new theme.
If I put an object of type image, in properties I say metadata and arcade marquee, when the game has marquee it shows it perfectly, but when the game does not have marquee it is always showing me the image of Box 2D indistinctly that I put default image or not.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me, I'm going crazy.

Note: in the community editor it behaves correctly, it is when I visualize it from Bigbox when it behaves like this.

I attach the properties that I have put to the object

Thanks in advance

error.png

7 hours ago, Aiwer said:

If I put an object of type image, in properties I say metadata and arcade marquee, when the game has marquee it shows it perfectly, but when the game does not have marquee it is always showing me the image of Box 2D indistinctly that I put default image or not.

My theme uses marquees and I have this issue as well. The built in image priorities within launchbox will cause havoc with your marquees. The only way I've found to get around it is to uncheck everything in the box front image priorities. Unfortunately this breaks the box front view if you intended to use it in your theme as well. It would be nice if this got some attention from the development side. The odd shape of a marquee is pretty intentional and having other images shown in their place doesn't really work very well in my humble opinion. From a theme creation side of things, I wish we could turn off image priorities completely, but I'm not sure we'll ever get that kind of control.

box front priorities.png

47 minutes ago, JaysArcade said:

My theme uses marquees and I have this issue as well. The built in image priorities within launchbox will cause havoc with your marquees. The only way I've found to get around it is to uncheck everything in the box front image priorities. Unfortunately this breaks the box front view if you intended to use it in your theme as well. It would be nice if this got some attention from the development side. The odd shape of a marquee is pretty intentional and having other images shown in their place doesn't really work very well in my humble opinion. From a theme creation side of things, I wish we could turn off image priorities completely, but I'm not sure we'll ever get that kind of control.

box front priorities.png

I would tend to agree with you, an option to turn off priorities

1 hour ago, y2guru said:

I would tend to agree with you, an option to turn off priorities

Yeah this is one thing I have asked Jason if we can get. An image priorities for marquee since its current state defaults to box-front priorities. Wen creating marquee views you have to trick BB. Maybe you can help nudge that with him....??