LaunchBox Community Forums

Youtube Scraper 0.1.9

(6 reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

Simple Plugin to automate download videos from youtube.

Requirements: Launchbox 8.2+

Install: Extract the content of zip file to : Launchbox/plugins/YoutubeScraper

Source codeGithub (feel free to make a pull request )

EDIT

If you have trouble running the plugin and crashing due CAS error, please right click on the DLL's , properties and then unblock.

unblock.thumb.png.a607d0dfe4f8965625bc1da050b59e0d.png

There's two options:

URL Scraper: Just paste entire youtube URL from the desired video

1CuJ5BzV8J.thumb.gif.60a9b4e28418c589d046deed337227a7.gif

One-click downloader: It will search automatically and download the first entry from youtube. Bulk Download supported!

64prJ3fhsv.thumb.gif.0de5d3e8b3b00ade12a5a5f1f889a38a.gif

What's New in Version 0.1.9   See changelog

Released

Update:

A year has passed since I updated this thing, a lot of stuff has changed on the youtube framework side, please I did this in 5min and barely tested, let me see how it goes.

Sorry for the time that I could update this but Im really really busy at work :(

NOTE: REMOVE ALL FILES OF YOUR YOUTUBE PLUGIN FOLDER BEFORE COPYING THIS OVER.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Unusual Gem 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

20 minutes ago, darreldearth said:

The Plugin no longer works as of this week ?. I Tried copying in a new version of the latest update as well which didn't help. i'm running the newest version of launchbox (Not the beta version). i just get this error now....ssss.thumb.png.3bc53f7bde60310b1e2336c6459070c0.png

here is what the error sais.....

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 9.7
Type:    System.NullReferenceException
Site:    Void MoveNext()
Source:  YoutubeScraper

at YoutubeScraper.Youtube.<youtubeAsync>d__4.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

1:41:44 PM Music.Prepare Start
   1:41:44 PM Music.Kill Start
   1:41:44 PM Music.Kill Finished
   1:41:44 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   1:41:44 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   1:44:33 PM Music.Play Start
   1:44:33 PM Music.Kill Start
   1:44:33 PM Music.Kill Finished
   1:44:33 PM Music.Play Empty Music Path
   1:44:33 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   1:44:33 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   1:48:54 PM Exception

Oh boy, Youtube fked us again. I have uploaded a new version with an Alpha fix, it will work for most of the videos, but the creator of the youtube library that I use still trying a proper fix, meanwhile use the new version :) 0.1.4

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, srxz said:

Oh boy, Youtube fked us again. I have uploaded a new version with an Alpha fix, it will work for most of the videos, but the creator of the youtube library that I use still trying a proper fix, meanwhile use the new version :) 0.1.4

WOOT! Thanks for the quick fix! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bunman said:

Would be better if it didnt download videos with commentary.  They are useless. 

Well obviously there is no way for the plugin to know if there is commentary or not.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 7:16 PM, neil9000 said:

Well obviously there is no way for the plugin to know if there is commentary or not.

I know, I was just pointing it out.

Thanks for this awesome plugin.

Is there anyway to force a certain quality? I would like to download all 4k trailers for my game if there is one... I would like it to try 4k,1080p,720,480, in that order if one was to fail...

I type 4k in the search terms but it still wont work properly and downloads a lower quality video. I have made an alternative script to do it with just a game name having to be manually input but I have no clue how to build a plugin for launchbox lol.

Thanks

36 minutes ago, GonjaT said:

Thanks for this awesome plugin.

Is there anyway to force a certain quality? I would like to download all 4k trailers for my game if there is one... I would like it to try 4k,1080p,720,480, in that order if one was to fail...

I type 4k in the search terms but it still wont work properly and downloads a lower quality video. I have made an alternative script to do it with just a game name having to be manually input but I have no clue how to build a plugin for launchbox lol.

Thanks

there's no point to download 4K videos for such small resolution window even for bigbox, it's a waste of HDD

• Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 3:32 PM, pmf5389 said:

Not working for me either.

Can confirm, not working for me either. Here is the error:

Video [INSERT ID HERE] is unavailable.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 9.10
Type:    YoutubeExplode.Exceptions.VideoUnavailableException
Site:    Void MoveNext()
Source:  YoutubeExplode

at YoutubeExplode.YoutubeClient.<GetVideoInfoDicAsync>d__35.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at YoutubeExplode.YoutubeClient.<GetVideoAsync>d__41.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

6:38:55 PM Music.Prepare Start
   6:38:55 PM Music.Kill Start
   6:38:55 PM Music.Kill Finished
   6:38:55 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   6:38:55 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   6:39:18 PM Music.Play Start
   6:39:18 PM Music.Kill Start
   6:39:18 PM Music.Kill Finished
   6:39:18 PM Music.Play Empty Music Path
   6:39:18 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   6:39:18 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   6:39:21 PM Music.Play Start
   6:39:21 PM Music.Kill Start
   6:39:21 PM Music.Kill Finished
   6:39:21 PM Music.Play Empty Music Path
   6:39:21 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   6:39:21 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   6:53:34 PM Exception

• Like 2

On 7/28/2019 at 7:48 PM, srxz said:

there's no point to download 4K videos for such small resolution window even for bigbox, it's a waste of HDD

That's OK, everyone has their own reasons and opinions, if it doesn't work for you or seems wasteful then I guess you're right and everyone else that asks otherwise must be wrong. I will just use my script I made for the 4k videos. I play it on a 65" 4k TV with friends and if they haven't heard of the game, I show them the trailer full screen, which looks meh in 1080p not horrible but meh (looking for a "wow" not a "meh"). Thanks for the comment though. I also have 32TB on my pc so I'm not tight for space and will continue with my 4k trailers, it was just a request. Have a great day.

• Game On 1

Hi @srxz. I am an user since it was released. I love it!

I am sorry to bother you again. Since at least a week is failing again. I paste the error below:

I tested it with a few videos like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX1W710uA3Y

Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.

Version: 10.8-beta-5

1 hour ago, Claudio J said:

Hi @srxz. I am an user since it was released. I love it!

I am sorry to bother you again. Since at least a week is failing again. I paste the error below:

I tested it with a few videos like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX1W710uA3Y

Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.

Version: 10.8-beta-5

Fala @Claudio J!

I have upload a new version, please check it out.

:)

It works again perfectly. Your plugin saves me a lot of time. Much appreciated considering your busy life. Thanks a lot for fixing it!!!!

I updated Youtube Scraper but it won't load LB and I don't get the option to Unblock the DLL it in Properties. I'm on a Windows 10 x64 with latest OS updates as of 10/2020. Any suggestions? 

2020-10-02_142945.jpg

2020-10-02_143014.jpg

39 minutes ago, Gamer said:

I updated Youtube Scraper but it won't load LB and I don't get the option to Unblock the DLL it in Properties. I'm on a Windows 10 x64 with latest OS updates as of 10/2020. Any suggestions? 

2020-10-02_142945.jpg

2020-10-02_143014.jpg

Try to delete this dll, it should not be there.

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2020 at 12:43 AM, Zoratsu said:

I just tried version 0.1.9 and when I right-click on the game the options for youtube scraper are not there. ?

I'm having the same problem. I deleted the old files, extracted the contents of the zip file to the folder. Made sure that the dll files didn't need to be unblocked (the option wasn't there). Loaded up Launch Box, and when I right click on a game, the option for YouTube Scraper isn't there. Even tried deleting the entire folder & remaking it, just to make sure I didn't do something wrong. 

Did you happen to get it working, Zoratsu? Anyone have any ideas? This is one of the most handy plugins, so I want to see if I can get it working.

On 10/31/2020 at 3:29 PM, PurpleTentacle said:

I'm having the same problem. I deleted the old files, extracted the contents of the zip file to the folder. Made sure that the dll files didn't need to be unblocked (the option wasn't there). Loaded up Launch Box, and when I right click on a game, the option for YouTube Scraper isn't there. Even tried deleting the entire folder & remaking it, just to make sure I didn't do something wrong. 

Did you happen to get it working, Zoratsu? Anyone have any ideas? This is one of the most handy plugins, so I want to see if I can get it working.

sadly, no.  I'm still having the same issues as before even after installing launchbox 11.7 as well.

48 minutes ago, Zoratsu said:

sadly, no.  I'm still having the same issues as before even after installing launchbox 11.7 as well.

Dang, well, I'll let you know if I get it working. Hopefully someone will figure out what the issue is. 

I tried unblocking the entire plugins folder by utilizing powershell and that still didnt work to fix this error.... Hopefully gets fixed soon ... very strange that the unblock button is missing on windows now....cant figure that out hence why i used powershell but that still didnt work