LaunchBox Community Forums

CoverBox 4.02

(27 reviews)

56 Screenshots

About This File

The CoverBox project is one where my goal is to recreate retro console's boxart as a BigBox Theme.

Each theme is designed for 1080p.

P.S. I created graphic assets for the star ratings. Please feel free to use them in your theme.

With the release of CoverBox 4.0, the theme has been completely ported over to the COMMUNITY Theme Creator. I now included the COMMUNITY Theme Creator files that you can use to load into the CTC to make any edits that you'd like. Please follow these instructions to do so:

• Make sure you already have a copy of the COMMUNITY Theme Creator, and you have it set up (link below)
  • Download both the Theme files and COMMUNITY Theme Creator files
  • Extract the COMMUNITY Theme Creator files into your COMMUNITY Theme Creator\My Theme Projects folder (don't forget to right click the archive, go into properties, and unblock the file)
  • Open the Theme files zip, go into the Fonts folder and install all the fonts in there.
  • Open the COMMUNITY Theme Creator, you should now find it in the dropdown list of themes

Installation Instructions

1. Download the CoverBox - Theme Files.zip file.
  2. Right click the file, go to properties and make sure to unblock the file
  3. Open the zip file and place the folder into the LaunchBox\Themes folder
  4. Select the CoverBox theme in BigBox

CoverBox Images

List of Supported Platforms

Spoiler
  • Atari 2600
  • Atari 5200
  • Atari 7800
  • ColecoVision
  • Mattel Intellivision
  • NEC TurboGrafx-16
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Nintendo ENtertainment System
  • Nintendo 3DS
  • Nintendo 64
  • Nintendo DS
  • Nintendo GameCube
  • Nintendo Wii
  • Nintendo Wii U
  • Nintendo Game Boy
  • Nintendo Game Boy Color
  • Nintendo Virtual Boy
  • Nintendo Game Boy Advance
  • Sega Master System
  • Sega Mark III
  • Sega Genesis
  • Sega Mega Drive
  • Sega 32X
  • Sega Game Gear
  • Sega CD
  • Sega Saturn
  • Sega Dreamcast
  • SNK Neo Geo AES
  • Sony PlayStation
  • Sony PlayStation 2
  • Arcade
  • Atari Jaguar
  • Atari Lynx
  • NEC PC Engine
  • Nintendo Famicom
  • Nintendo Famicom Disk System
  • Nintendo Pokemon Mini
  • SNK Neo Geo CD
  • Sony PSP
  • Nintendo Switch
  • Microsoft Xbox
  • Windows
  • SNK Neo Geo Pocket
  • SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color
  • WonderSwan
  • WonderSwan Color
  • GCE Vectrex
  • 3DO Interactive Multiplayer

Thanks

What's New in Version 4.02   See changelog

Released

• Text List With Details - Platform videos and platform images should be the same width
  • Text List With Details - Animation has been added to the platform box images
  • Like 48
  • Thanks 15
  • Unusual Gem 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I love these. I was hoping someone would make specific themes for each platform game list  ever since bigbox supports different themes for each platform. I hope you make more platform themes. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Nyny77 @ea4492

There were some bugs in the original file. The new update should make the community star ratings work. Just make sure that you have downloaded community star rating metadata.

Here's a good video explaining it:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dig311dug said:

this is awesome! cant wait until more systems are added and a generic  theme for missing systems

Genesis, N64, SMS, Neogeo ...  :))

• Like 2

Awesome work, I love how especially the SNES Theme goes very well with 4:3 themed videos. 

I hope you will make many more for other systems. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zanak said:

@faeran

One question, what sound pack are you using? Very awesome themes by the way, excellent work :).

At first I thought I was using the default, but then I remembered that I changed it a while back to the NES Classic sounds.

16 hours ago, Juan-K said:

Can you do Nintendo Super Gameboy CoverBox Theme?

Hi @Juan-K. Is this an actual thing? I thought the Super Gameboy just used Gameboy games, and it's not an actual system.

14 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Its a cartridge for the snes that takes Game Boy games so you can play them on a TV. So yeah not really a system.

That's what I thought. And judging by the box of the Super Game Boy. It's essentially just a SNES game box.

3 minutes ago, faeran said:

That's what I thought. And judging by the box of the Super Game Boy. It's essentially just a SNES game box.

Yep in US and JAP versions.

jap.png

USA.jpg

Looks amazing, are you planning to make the back side of the box as well as soon as you click on a game for it's details? That would be even a step beyond awesomeness, although I have no idea if that is possible with themes (I'm still a noob)

1 hour ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Looks amazing, are you planning to make the back side of the box as well as soon as you click on a game for it's details? That would be even a step beyond awesomeness, although I have no idea if that is possible with themes (I'm still a noob)

Thanks @Mr. RetroLust. Unfortunately, this is not currently possible with the way themes are right now. However, the game details page does allow you to view the back of the box.

1 hour ago, faeran said:

Thanks @Mr. RetroLust. Unfortunately, this is not currently possible with the way themes are right now. However, the game details page does allow you to view the back of the box.

Thank you for your reply, if you need help with this project for other systems please let me know I could assist you with providing graphical work for the layouts etc.

• Like 1

Wonderful theme!!!

I have a 4:3 screen with 1024x768 resolution. Do you think is possible to adjust to this resolution? I love to have this on my systems.

I need to adjust the background image to cover all the screen (now it is on 16:9 format) and adjust a little the size of red image on the upper left corner to do it small. I'm talking about Master System theme.

Can I adjust the size of the background and the other images touching some parameters to try it?

Edited by Daliant

18 minutes ago, Daliant said:

Wonderful theme!!!

I have a 4:3 screen with 1024x768 resolution. Do you think is possible to adjust to this resolution? I love to have this on my systems.

I need to adjust the background image to cover all the screen (now it is on 16:9 format) and adjust a little the size of red image on the upper left corner to do it small. I'm talking about Master System theme.

Can I adjust the size of the background and the other images touching some parameters to try it?

Thanks @Daliant.

I wish this was a simple process, but I would most likely have to redesign each one for that screen ratio, and there would have to be some sacrifices for each one due to the lost screen space.

I may have time to design one for you. Which one would you like? I'll take a look at the possibility.

1 minute ago, faeran said:

Thanks @Daliant.

I wish this was a simple process, but I would most likely have to redesign each one for that screen ratio, and there would have to be some sacrifices for each one due to the lost screen space.

I may have time to design one for you. Which one would you like? I'll take a look at the possibility.

Hi @faeran!!

I think I solved the problem only resizing 2 images from the theme. Attached the background and genere images for 4:3 version and 1024x768. I think it solve the problem well.

The only problem I have is when I enter to see a game the video sound stops. I have other themes that have same problem, when you enter to see game details the video stop sound.

Genre-Background-Red.png

Master System-View.png

32 minutes ago, Daliant said:

Hi @faeran!!

I think I solved the problem only resizing 2 images from the theme. Attached the background and genere images for 4:3 version and 1024x768. I think it solve the problem well.

The only problem I have is when I enter to see a game the video sound stops. I have other themes that have same problem, when you enter to see game details the video stop sound.

Genre-Background-Red.png

Master System-View.png

Yeah, the Master System can change dynamically easier than some of the others. Changing the size of the images that give you the effect you want. Also, just tweaking the code a little can give a slightly better effect.

Try this version of the theme to see if it works better for 4:3 size screens.

CoverBox - Master System - 43.zip

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Daliant said:

Hi @faeran!!

I just noticed the sound stopping in the game details page. I know why this is happening, and I'll need to change a few things and test it out. Thanks for pointing this out.