LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

Thanks guys, just put out a new beta with the following fixes/changes: - Improvement: Added a default Rocket Launcher emulator with automatic configuration - Improvement: Added keyboard and controller button mappings for Search to Big Box - Fixed: Incorrect screenshots were displaying in the games lists when background videos were enabled - Fixed: The search icon in the Big Box text list's alphabetic index was getting cut off The Rocket Launcher thing should hopefully make that experience a lot easier. I'm working with Simply Austin as he comes up with a tutorial video for Rocket Launcher integration and this should help make the entire experience a lot easier (assuming I got it right for this beta).

ALIE said Normaly i used the Consol banners those that look like old pictures. But after the update the images from the folder console images is used not the ones from the banner folder. Edit-search works now
Remember that you can customize the image priorities of everything in the LaunchBox options now. You should be able to customize this all you like. This also applies to clear logos in the backgrounds. They are easy to turn off using the image priorities settings in LaunchBox. Edit: I think I need to remove the "clear logos as backgrounds" option in Big Box; I don't think it's used for anything anymore. I'll take a look at that.

Jason Carr said Thanks guys, just put out a new beta with the following fixes/changes: - Improvement: Added a default Rocket Launcher emulator with automatic configuration - Improvement: Added keyboard and controller button mappings for Search to Big Box - Fixed: Incorrect screenshots were displaying in the games lists when background videos were enabled - Fixed: The search icon in the Big Box text list's alphabetic index was getting cut off The Rocket Launcher thing should hopefully make that experience a lot easier. I'm working with Simply Austin as he comes up with a tutorial video for Rocket Launcher integration and this should help make the entire experience a lot easier (assuming I got it right for this beta).
Hi Jason, I just added your new Rocket Launcher Auto Config emulator and I had to delete the -f "%launchboxorbigboxexepath%" from the Command-Line Parameters because it was giving a Folder path Error to LaunchBox.xml. Where in LaunchBox does this path populate? RocketLauncher assumed it was the Root of the drive. Once this parameter was removed however, it worked fine. Applied a Bulk Edit to all my games and they all appear to be working across all Platforms!

Also love the Game Screenshot showing up with Background Game Videos. Fills out the Space extremely nicely. The blank spot was the reason why I was holding back from using Game Background Videos. The mappable search button is also Great! Great update Jason

Jason Carr said Thanks guys, just put out a new beta with the following fixes/changes: - Improvement: Added a default Rocket Launcher emulator with automatic configuration - Improvement: Added keyboard and controller button mappings for Search to Big Box - Fixed: Incorrect screenshots were displaying in the games lists when background videos were enabled - Fixed: The search icon in the Big Box text list's alphabetic index was getting cut off The Rocket Launcher thing should hopefully make that experience a lot easier. I'm working with Simply Austin as he comes up with a tutorial video for Rocket Launcher integration and this should help make the entire experience a lot easier (assuming I got it right for this beta).
What!! That's awesome. Question how do I proceed for the systems I have set up in RL before.

Hehehe, thanks guys. @Jazzphone I'm still pretty clueless when it comes to Rocket Launcher so I'm not exactly sure what's happening. Should -f refer to the LaunchBox/Big Box EXE files or the LaunchBox.xml file? I was under the impression from Austin that it should be the EXE but I could be wrong.

Jason Carr said Hehehe, thanks guys. @Jazzphone I'm still pretty clueless when it comes to Rocket Launcher so I'm not exactly sure what's happening. Should -f refer to the LaunchBox/Big Box EXE files or the LaunchBox.xml file? I was under the impression from Austin that it should be the EXE but I could be wrong.
-f refers to the front end, so it should point to the LaunchBox.exe or the BigBox.exe. The RocketLauncher LaunchBox plugin knows that the LaunchBox.xml resides in the same folder as these. If the syntax -f "%launchboxorbigboxexepath%" is left as is, it does not work. If I replace %launchboxorbigboxexepath% with the Absolute path, the command works. So I think the %launchboxorbigboxexepath% syntax is not providing the correct path to Rocket Launcher Here is the Raw CLI that gets outputting from LaunchBox into Rocket Launcher. As you see in the command, The syntax passes only K:\LaunchBox and stops there. This would lead me to believe the syntax isn't passing all the information.
Main - Raw CLI received: "-f K:\LaunchBox -p LaunchBox -s Atari Lynx -r K:\LaunchBox\Games\Atari Lynx\A.P.B. - All Points Bulletin (USA, Europe).lnx"
Here are some screen shots that will help. The first screen shot is the Error, the second is how the Command Gets presented to Rocket Launcher and the Third is the Absolute Path in the place if the %launchboxorbigboxexepath% syntax to make the command work. I can also get rid of the -f command completely and it will still work for my setup since BigBox is my default front end in Rocket LauncherScreen-Shot-2016-07-29-at-5.19.34-PM-2.pngScreen-Shot-2016-07-29-at-5.20.14-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2016-07-29-at-5.21.16-PM.png

i had RocketLauncher up and running with LaunchBox before this official stuff came out. Sample command RocketLauncher.exe "FULL\PATH\TO\ROM\FILE" default command line perimeter -f "..\..\LaunchBox\BigBox.exe" -p "LaunchBox" -s "Nintendo 64" -r i just change the console name for every system. just tried the official setup and i didn't change anything like it said. and i got the launchbox xml error. think ill stick to my own own for now Wink

Thank you guys; I believe I have the Rocket Launcher thing fixed. It was my stupid; I was sending over the LaunchBox folder path instead of the EXE path. Just put out a new beta that should fix it with the default Rocket Launcher emulator settings now; give it a shot and let me know. Also, this afternoon I focused on improving the custom themes/views engine as well as allowing you to visually edit the themes in Visual Studio. Themes now have a new Styles folder with even more customization options regarding global styling. And also, there are Visual Studio project files provided so that the themes can be easily edited in Visual Studio (which provides a visual editor). I will be putting out a tutorial on this new stuff early next week. :)

Jason Carr said Thank you guys; I believe I have the Rocket Launcher thing fixed. It was my stupid; I was sending over the LaunchBox folder path instead of the EXE path. Just put out a new beta that should fix it with the default Rocket Launcher emulator settings now; give it a shot and let me know. Also, this afternoon I focused on improving the custom themes/views engine as well as allowing you to visually edit the themes in Visual Studio. Themes now have a new Styles folder with even more customization options regarding global styling. And also, there are Visual Studio project files provided so that the themes can be easily edited in Visual Studio (which provides a visual editor). I will be putting out a tutorial on this new stuff early next week. :)
yup it works for me now Great jobas always damn your quick. question: are you planing on doing so each theme can have its own platform images sets ? Banner,Clear Logo,Device,Fanart it would be pretty sweet since you could jump between themes Laugh.

On that note, I've figured out how to disable the clear logos as game backgrounds via image priorities (yay!) but... am I missing something or is there not a way to force it to always use a platform background ("fanart") for everything in that platform? It's currently using it if the game itself doesn't have fanart, but if the game does have its own fanart it uses that instead. Is there a way for me to force it to always use the fanart for the platform itself? I didn't see a separate designator for "Fanart - Platform" or similar in the priorities list.

Okay cool, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing it somewhere. I think it might be a nice option to have for people that just want one constant background for the entire platform. Having game-by-game fanart is great... if the fanart itself is great... but I think we all know that's not always the case Confused

Jason Carr said Thanks, great to hear @ALIE. Glad it's working. I am indeed planning on adding platform image sets to the themes; however, that's not there quite yet. :)
I think it would be probably better if the image and sounds sets aren’t part of the themes and you could change them separately instead. This would increase the level of customization and you could change the sets without the need to have a seperate theme for it. Kodi does the same with its sound sets: kodisound.jpg

Zombeaver said Okay cool, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing it somewhere. I think it might be a nice option to have for people that just want one constant background for the entire platform. Having game-by-game fanart is great... if the fanart itself is great... but I think we all know that's not always the case Confused
There definitely is a way! Place your background image in Launchbox>Image>Platforms>"Select any System">Fanart. This works for me. I have a nice single image background for all games within that system.

imdavid555 said There definitely is a way! Place your background image in Launchbox>Image>Platforms>"Select any System">Fanart. This works for me. I have a nice single image background for all games within that system.
That's what I have now... that doesn't work. That only uses the image if the individual game doesn't have fanart. If the game has its own fanart it overrides the platform fanart. I'm talking about a single image for the entire platform, and ignoring a game's individual fanart.