LaunchBox Community Forums

Translating LaunchBox

Jason Carr

Hi, 

I want to translate some new text added in the last version of launchbox for french. I downloaded the file from first message, but in the "Strings.fr-FR.resx" we don't have the new label like "LabelRelatedGames", but it's in the english file "Strings.resx". Do we need to add new tag for the missing one? There is a way to compare or something like that to know which text are not translated in french?

UPDATE
I found the way to compare missing text from english to french by using visual studio and ResXmanager tool.

Edited by thewhite

On 7/16/2023 at 5:25 PM, thewhite said:

I found the way to compare missing text from english to french by using visual studio and ResXmanager tool.

You just have to open both files in the Zeta Resource Manager. Then you have a column for each language (you can also sort by empty fields if you click the header)

image.thumb.png.882a6f79359ca9fc1d79b3ba32a06241.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/16/2023 at 8:25 AM, thewhite said:

Hi, 

I want to translate some new text added in the last version of launchbox for french. I downloaded the file from first message, but in the "Strings.fr-FR.resx" we don't have the new label like "LabelRelatedGames", but it's in the english file "Strings.resx". Do we need to add new tag for the missing one? There is a way to compare or something like that to know which text are not translated in french?

UPDATE

Thanks for your help! :)

I'm almost done with the French translation but I have these terms that can have multiple meanings and/or I'm not sure which term to use. Can you tell me where these texts are to put the right term?

LabelFlags -> is it like "report" or flag of a country?
LabelSpine -> i know it's the side of box, but i don't know which term to use. Is it ok to translate as "side"?
IndicatorPaddleSupport -> what is this device?
LabelUseBlownUpBoxArt -> where is it?
LabelCustomEmulatorRomPathKey -> where is it?
LabelPlain -> like "simple" or "normal"?
LabelClear -> like "empty" or "transparent"

If there is other french people, how you translate these;
Boxes Grid View Settings
Overdump
Storefront
Choose this option if you want LaunchBox to automatically get you up and running playing your games.

• 2 weeks later...

As longtime fans of Launchbox and proud subscribers of the Windows version, my friend and I have completed the Turkish translation, in a way that fits the rest and the original language. Here are the localization files. As you know, the economic status of the country isn't looking up, starting the terror attacks in the last decade up until and continuing with the Arabic influence on our country. Let alone the economy, one cannot express their own religious practices that they believe in. Could we be lucky enough to be entitled to a lifetime Android license for us and one Windows for our disabled friend?

Turkish translation complete by eonder87 & StoneGolem

Please check that Mr. @Jason Carr

Language-tr-TR - Final Translated By eonder87 & StoneGolem.rar

Edited by eonder87
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@eonder87 @thewhite Thank you both, and sorry for the delay. I have both of these translations in for the next beta, which should be out shortly.

Also, @eonder87, did we get you the licenses you requested? We have no problem giving licenses to folks who do translations like this. If not, please PM me and we can do that for you.

• Thanks 1

It's that time again guys. 13.7-beta-3 is out now with all of the translation updates. We're hoping to put out the official 13.7 release next week. Thanks to everyone for all the work on the translations. :)

@Offone @Kondorito @Cauptain @Nyny77 @Opak @dukeemu @cyanjiang @Just001Kim @MajKSA @gamehacker @alexposad @k_kutsugi @Bardock @Soomin papa

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

It's that time again guys. 13.7-beta-3 is out now with all of the translation updates. We're hoping to put out the official 13.7 release next week. Thanks to everyone for all the work on the translations. :)

@Offone @Kondorito @Cauptain @Nyny77 @Opak @dukeemu @cyanjiang @Just001Kim @MajKSA @gamehacker @alexposad @k_kutsugi @Bardock @Soomin papa

Thanks all guys. I want to check for any errors. I will look on beta 3 for now.

@Jason Carr Thanks again. Licenses are came without any problem.

• Like 1