LaunchBox Community Forums

Translating LaunchBox

Jason Carr

Hi @Opaklopper, I just realized we never translated all the various welcome text to German, so it's currently all still in English. Here are the pieces that we need to translate if you want to jump on it before 6.7; otherwise we can just leave them in English for now. Thank you once again. :) Welcome to LaunchBox RELEASEVERSION! Here are the biggest changes for this release: See the changelog under the Help menu for more. If you appreciate LaunchBox, please Like us on Facebook and help us spread the word! THIS IS AN UNOFFICIAL BETA RELEASE. Please do not distribute this version of LaunchBox, as it is not an official release and could be broken. See the changelog under the Help menu for further details on the changes for this release. Please report all issues that you run into using the Report Issue option under the Help menu. Thanks for using LaunchBox! To get started, you can: Install or Import MS-DOS games Import your games from Steam Import your ROM collection See what LaunchBox can do Support LaunchBox!

Didn't made it to the beta but i have sent you the translations. Different image types can now be specified for each platform Big Box custom themes and views are even more powerful A default Rocket Launcher emulator configuration is now included Ahora, imágenes de diferentes tipos pueden ser especificadas para cada plataforma Los temas y vistas personalizadas de Big Box son ahora más flexibles y personalizables Se ha incluido una configuración predeterminada para Rocket Launcher

Hey @Jason here is the translation: Welcome to LaunchBox RELEASEVERSION! Willkommen zur Release-Version von LaunchBox Here are the biggest changes for this release: Das sind die größten Änderungen in dieser Version: See the changelog under the Help menu for more. Sieh dir das Changelog unter Hilfe an für weitere Informationen If you appreciate LaunchBox, please Like us on Facebook and help us spread the word! Wenn dir LaunchBox gefällt, like uns doch auf Facebook und hilf uns es weiter zu verbreiten! THIS IS AN UNOFFICIAL BETA RELEASE. DIES IST EINE INOFFIZELLE BETA VERSION. Please do not distribute this version of LaunchBox, as it is not an official release and could be broken. Bitte verbreite diese Version von LaunchBox nicht, da es keine offizielle Version ist und evenutell Probleme bereiten kann. See the changelog under the Help menu for further details on the changes for this release. Sieh dir das Changelog unter dem Hilfemenü an um weitere Informationen und Änderungen zu sehen. Please report all issues that you run into using the Report Issue option under the Help menu. Bitte melde alle Probleme die dir auffallen über "Problem melden" im Hilfemenü. Thanks for using LaunchBox! To get started, you can: Danke dass du LaunchBox verwendest! Zu Beginn könntest du: Install or Import MS-DOS games MS-DOS Spiele importieren oder installieren Import your games from Steam Spiele von Steam importieren Import your ROM collection Deine ROM-Sammlung importieren See what LaunchBox can do Dir ansehen was LaunchBox sonst noch kann Support LaunchBox! Unterstütze LaunchBox!

Hi Jason, just to have an update: the new package is already donwloadable or I have to wait to update Italian translation to new versions? And then, tell me if you want me to translate release notes when you publish them here or I have to to wait for your request. Just to be sure if I'm ok or too overzealant... Laugh

That is true. We haven't added any new translations to the setup in quite a while; so there's probably a few languages that we need to add. I need a refresher on the best process to translate the setup stuff.

@dukeemu, the latest beta has the new Italian translation. Again, my apologies that it took so long to get it integrated.

@Bardock, I have a translation package ready finally. I'll go and update the beginning post of this thread so you can download the package and get started when you're ready. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I'm hoping to put out another official release in the next few days. I think translation changes should be very minimal for this version but it would probably be good to give it a once-over if you guys can. @CliveBarker @AFaustini @Wattoo @Opaklopper @cyanjiang

Also, here are the release notes:

• Steam trailer videos are now downloadable for your Steam games
  • Big Box custom themes now support custom platform images
  • Better support for importing multi-disc games

@dukeemu Have you had a chance to test the Italian translation? I know we still have a lot of cleanup to do in the interfaces but sadly I haven't gotten to that yet. We may need to temporarily disable the Italian translation for the official release until we can get everything up to par.

Thanks all! :)

• Like 1

French :

• Steam trailer videos are now downloadable for your Steam games : Les vidéos de bande annonce Steam sont maintenant téléchargeables pour les jeux Steam.
  • Big Box custom themes now support custom platform images : Les thèmes personnalisés de Big Box intègrent maintenant des images de plateformes personnalisées.
  • Better support for importing multi-disc games : Meilleure prise en charge de l'importation des jeux multi-disques.
Edited by Wattoo
  • Like 1