LaunchBox Community Forums

Translating LaunchBox

Jason Carr

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Hi @MuffinXXL, thanks for stepping up. Do you mean traditional or simplified Chinese? Are you a fluent speaker of Chinese?

I Could do both because if you translating directly from Simplified Chinese to Tradition though Google would make it 99% right :). I was a Chinese international student studying in CA with Simplified Chinese as my first language back in 2018.

15 hours ago, MuffinXXL said:

I Could do both because if you translating directly from Simplified Chinese to Tradition though Google would make it 99% right :). I was a Chinese international student studying in CA with Simplified Chinese as my first language back in 2018.

One of our policies is that we only take translations from native speakers. We do this in order to ensure high-quality translations. We definitely don't want to use Google Translate for the translations, because it's bound to result in confusion and subpar translations. Are you a native Chinese speaker then?

5 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

One of our policies is that we only take translations from native speakers. We do this in order to ensure high-quality translations. We definitely don't want to use Google Translate for the translations, because it's bound to result in confusion and subpar translations. Are you a native Chinese speaker then?

Yes , I am a native Simplified Chinese speaker :) . But I can also do traditional Chinese if you want since my mother is from Taiwan. I actually notice two small localization errors in Chinese. The previous translator misunderstand the word “ Completed” in Launchbox. The word in Launchbox should refer to finish/accomplish  the game , however , he put the word “完整” which refers to (something is complete, no part is missing)  another meaning of “completed”.  I really like Launchbox and I would like to support it. Thanks!

On 3/4/2021 at 8:18 AM, MuffinXXL said:

Yes , I am a native Simplified Chinese speaker :) . But I can also do traditional Chinese if you want since my mother is from Taiwan. I actually notice two small localization errors in Chinese. The previous translator misunderstand the word “ Completed” in Launchbox. The word in Launchbox should refer to finish/accomplish  the game , however , he put the word “完整” which refers to (something is complete, no part is missing)  another meaning of “completed”.  I really like Launchbox and I would like to support it. Thanks!

Awesome. Let's just start with Simplified Chinese for now. You can read the first few posts of this topic, which should give you instructions on how to get started. The Simplified Chinese translation package is there as well. Thank you very much for helping us out. Let me know if you run into any issues or have any questions. :)

19 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Awesome. Let's just start with Simplified Chinese for now. You can read the first few posts of this topic, which should give you instructions on how to get started. The Simplified Chinese translation package is there as well. Thank you very much for helping us out. Let me know if you run into any issues or have any questions. :)

Hi, Jason. Thanks for letting me try this out. I found the bigbox translation are not in the zip file. ( like theme specific option, etc)

15 hours ago, MuffinXXL said:

Hi, Jason. Thanks for letting me try this out. I found the bigbox translation are not in the zip file. ( like theme specific option, etc)

They should all be in there. Some translations might be missing because they're out of date, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all, it's that time again; we're looking to get translations in for this upcoming release. We're hoping to release on Tuesday next week. Thank you all so much for your ongoing help.

@Opak @cyanjiang @Bardock @MajKSA @gamehacker @Kondorito @Nyny77 @alexposad @k_kutsugi @dukeemu @Just001Kim @Cauptain

@Cauptain Apologies, but I missed getting your translation into this beta. I'll get it into the next one. :)

• Like 2