Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Translating LaunchBox


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a brand new father too !  Hence why I'm awake since 5am haha (she's 6 weeks old)

Thank you Jason. I believe that we are all doing our best. We are only volunteers, we're doing this job because we love LaunchBox and we're believing in its future. My English is far from being fl

@Jason Carr Sorry I'm late. Japanese translation is here. Language-ja-JP.zip

Posted Images

  • 3 weeks later...

Not translated into French

Pour info. Merci pour le travail réalisé 😉

Hello, Since version 11.9, these 2 windows are no longer translated into French. Thank you.

Launchbox_02.thumb.PNG.d5ffe0f0e6175058d28067efb9d149af.PNGLaunchbox_01.thumb.PNG.58b1a882697fb28d8eea7e51b265ae43.PNG

Edited by Gerald
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, MuffinXXL said:

Hi, Jason. I would like to help out to translate the current version of Launchbox/Bigbox to Chinese. Please reach me out if you need :) 

Hi @MuffinXXL, thanks for stepping up. Do you mean traditional or simplified Chinese? Are you a fluent speaker of Chinese?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Hi @MuffinXXL, thanks for stepping up. Do you mean traditional or simplified Chinese? Are you a fluent speaker of Chinese?

I Could do both because if you translating directly from Simplified Chinese to Tradition though Google would make it 99% right :). I was a Chinese international student studying in CA with Simplified Chinese as my first language back in 2018.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MuffinXXL said:

I Could do both because if you translating directly from Simplified Chinese to Tradition though Google would make it 99% right :). I was a Chinese international student studying in CA with Simplified Chinese as my first language back in 2018.

One of our policies is that we only take translations from native speakers. We do this in order to ensure high-quality translations. We definitely don't want to use Google Translate for the translations, because it's bound to result in confusion and subpar translations. Are you a native Chinese speaker then?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

One of our policies is that we only take translations from native speakers. We do this in order to ensure high-quality translations. We definitely don't want to use Google Translate for the translations, because it's bound to result in confusion and subpar translations. Are you a native Chinese speaker then?

Yes , I am a native Simplified Chinese speaker :) . But I can also do traditional Chinese if you want since my mother is from Taiwan. I actually notice two small localization errors in Chinese. The previous translator misunderstand the word “ Completed” in Launchbox. The word in Launchbox should refer to finish/accomplish  the game , however , he put the word “完整” which refers to (something is complete, no part is missing)  another meaning of “completed”.  I really like Launchbox and I would like to support it. Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2021 at 8:18 AM, MuffinXXL said:

Yes , I am a native Simplified Chinese speaker :) . But I can also do traditional Chinese if you want since my mother is from Taiwan. I actually notice two small localization errors in Chinese. The previous translator misunderstand the word “ Completed” in Launchbox. The word in Launchbox should refer to finish/accomplish  the game , however , he put the word “完整” which refers to (something is complete, no part is missing)  another meaning of “completed”.  I really like Launchbox and I would like to support it. Thanks!

Awesome. Let's just start with Simplified Chinese for now. You can read the first few posts of this topic, which should give you instructions on how to get started. The Simplified Chinese translation package is there as well. Thank you very much for helping us out. Let me know if you run into any issues or have any questions. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Awesome. Let's just start with Simplified Chinese for now. You can read the first few posts of this topic, which should give you instructions on how to get started. The Simplified Chinese translation package is there as well. Thank you very much for helping us out. Let me know if you run into any issues or have any questions. :)

Hi, Jason. Thanks for letting me try this out. I found the bigbox translation are not in the zip file. ( like theme specific option, etc)

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MuffinXXL said:

Hi, Jason. Thanks for letting me try this out. I found the bigbox translation are not in the zip file. ( like theme specific option, etc)

They should all be in there. Some translations might be missing because they're out of date, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all, it's that time again; we're looking to get translations in for this upcoming release. We're hoping to release on Tuesday next week. Thank you all so much for your ongoing help.

@Opak @cyanjiang @Bardock @MajKSA @gamehacker @Kondorito @Nyny77 @alexposad @k_kutsugi @dukeemu @Just001Kim @Cauptain

@Cauptain Apologies, but I missed getting your translation into this beta. I'll get it into the next one. :)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...