LaunchBox Community Forums

Translating LaunchBox

Jason Carr

16 minutes ago, eonder87 said:

How can i found the english ones for translate?

If you want to translate LaunchBox, Jason has to prepare the files for you. But you need to tell him what language you are interested in first.

And be sure you really want to do it, cause often people ask for it and then they are never seen again 😄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Opak said:

If you want to translate LaunchBox, Jason has to prepare the files for you. But you need to tell him what language you are interested in first.

And be sure you really want to do it, cause often people ask for it and then they are never seen again 😄

Hımm that's really right. My native language is Turkish and i want to translate English to Turkish. 

If i use that files to older version. is that work or not? because i have a only old version of Launchbox. 11.10. Not 12.00

• Like 1

On 5/7/2015 at 10:29 AM, Jason Carr said:

Interested in translating LaunchBox? Here are the translations that are currently under way:

Spanish - Complete thanks to @CliveBarker and @Kondorito
Brazilian Portuguese - Complete thanks to @AFaustini and @Cauptain
French - Complete thanks to @Wattoo and @Nyny77
German - Complete thanks to @Opaklopper
Italian - Complete thanks to @dukeemu
Simplified Chinese - Complete thanks to @cyanjiang
Dutch - Complete thanks to @Bardock and @Just001Kim
Arabic - Complete thanks to @MajKSA
Traditional Chinese - Complete thanks to @gamehacker
Russian - Complete thanks to @alexposad
Japanese - Complete thanks to @k_kutsugi

Czech - In Progress by @PattersonCZ
Swedish - In Progress by @Izzy
Polish - In Progress by @wirtual82
Norwegian - In Progress by @audunv
Greek - In Progress by @sxetikos

Translating LaunchBox is a huge job, but it's well worth the effort. Still, plan on spending 30+ hours on the project to successfully translate the entire application. We also want to make sure that translations are consistent, grammatically correct, and as high quality as possible, so we do ask that you only translate into your native language.

It's also important to take your time and review your work as best you can. Chances are, we don't know the language you're translating into, so you will be the only quality control. It is also a good idea to get a friend to help review it, if you know another native speaker that is willing to help. We use an application called Zeta Resource Editor to help with the translations. You can download it free right here. If you're interested in translating, leave us a comment here and we will set you up with the translation files.

Latest Translation Files Downloads:

Spanish
Simplified Chinese
Brazilian Portuguese
German
French
Czech
Swedish
Russian
Polish
Italian
Dutch
Japanese
Norwegian
Arabic
Traditional Chinese
Greek

I hope korean traslation work. please send me a file. thanks.

On 11/17/2021 at 6:08 PM, Jason Carr said:

@eonder87 @Soomin papa I've added new Turkish and Korean translation packages. They are both available in the first post of this topic. Thank you both for all of your translation efforts; let me know if you run into any issues. Be sure to read the first few posts of this topic in full so that you don't run into any gotchas. :)

Hi i started now but some of word are numbers or non-replace ones. 

Please try this file work or not and write non-replaced and numbers ones. If you do that i will continue. Maybe some lines maybe wrong or create a situation for LaunchBox or BigBox. @Jason Carr.

Language-tr-TR half tranlated.rar

Edited by eonder87

On 11/18/2021 at 12:08 AM, Jason Carr said:

@eonder87 @Soomin papa I've added new Turkish and Korean translation packages. They are both available in the first post of this topic. Thank you both for all of your translation efforts; let me know if you run into any issues. Be sure to read the first few posts of this topic in full so that you don't run into any gotchas. :)

I have received the Korean translation file you sent me. I've been working on translating all day today, but I'm struggling with the sheer volume.

The amount of text in the Strings file is really large. When the translation is complete, is there a way to self-test whether this file is being translated correctly?

When I run launchbox, I think that a more accurate translation is possible only if I can check whether the Korean is translated to match the function properly.

Thank you.

17 minutes ago, Soomin papa said:

I have received the Korean translation file you sent me. I've been working on translating all day today, but I'm struggling with the sheer volume.

The amount of text in the Strings file is really large. When the translation is complete, is there a way to self-test whether this file is being translated correctly?

When I run launchbox, I think that a more accurate translation is possible only if I can check whether the Korean is translated to match the function properly.

Thank you.

That's not possible Soomin papa.

All translations are included in BETA versions. Translate, post to thread, Jason inserts and you can check out the next beta releases that come out.

This is the process that has always been used by all of us.

Claudio

2 hours ago, Cauptain said:

Hi @eonder87

I looked through your files and so far everything is correct.

Can u give some examples 9screenshot show the problem) about this?

Claudio

@Cauptain yeah i know all files are correct. But i see some lines only numbers or special characters, such as a question mark or exclamation point. I asked if it had a meaning in the program.

Some lines do not have equivalents

for example
OPL Emulation Mode: 

if you change non changeable ones or problematic ones i will translate rest of all.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Edited by eonder87

@eonder87 The ones that do not have equivalents can just be copied over as they were. For example, some DOSBox settings (like the ones you're referring to in the screenshot above - plain numbers or titles that cannot be translated) are best to just keep the same as they were. If something can't be translated, then you can always just keep it in English or copy it over.

Also, anything that is left blank will just use the English version, so it would also work to just leave blank anything that you're confused about, for now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...