LaunchBox Community Forums

Translating LaunchBox

Jason Carr

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Jason Carr

I'm working on Italian translation right now (late as usual...) but I have to report this thing in Strings.resx

LabelAddEditPlatformParents and LabelAddEditPlatformCategoryParents have same text, but I suppose: could it be a mistake?

They both say: This tab specifies where to display this platform in Platform Categories lists. Select all parents below which should contain this platform.

(I think that) the first one should say Platform and the second one "Platform Categories" or they simply use same sentence in two different places? Could you check it please? Thank you!

and a second question: what means "Nested Name"? I could not understand its use or how to correctly translate it.

Sorry for this interruption, I think you have better things to do than this one, but I hope to get your help (or from anyone else too) in this matter.

Thank you!

Edited by dukeemu
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Could the text "Resumir Juego" be changed to "Reanudar juego", please? It is more correct in Spanish. "Resumir" is different than "Resume".  "Resumir" mean in spanish abbreviate, summarize, extract, recapitulate, reduce, synthesize, condense and simplify. Thank you.

Edited by capidel
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@alexposad @dukeemu Sorry for the delay here guys. I have both translations updated for 11.9-beta-3, which should be out shortly.

On 12/7/2020 at 3:31 PM, dukeemu said:

LabelAddEditPlatformParents and LabelAddEditPlatformCategoryParents have same text, but I suppose: could it be a mistake?

They both say: This tab specifies where to display this platform in Platform Categories lists. Select all parents below which should contain this platform.

(I think that) the first one should say Platform and the second one "Platform Categories" or they simply use same sentence in two different places? Could you check it please? Thank you!

They're actually slightly different, though I understand how it could be seriously confusing lol. One says "this platform" and the other says "this category". In both cases though they use the same "Platform Categories lists". :)

On 12/7/2020 at 3:31 PM, dukeemu said:

and a second question: what means "Nested Name"? I could not understand its use or how to correctly translate it.

Nested Name is basically how the name is displayed when in nested lists. For example, if the unique name is "Windows GOG", the nested name would be "GOG". That way if the "Windows GOG" playlist is displayed nested under "Windows", it will use the nested name "GOG" instead of the unique name "Windows GOG". Hope that helps.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 3:27 AM, capidel said:

Could the text "Resumir Juego" be changed to "Reanudar juego", please? It is more correct in Spanish. "Resumir" is different than "Resume".  "Resumir" mean in spanish abbreviate, summarize, extract, recapitulate, reduce, synthesize, condense and simplify. Thank you.

Perhaps @Kondorito could change that up when working on the translation for 11.9.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1