LaunchBox Community Forums

XAML Tips and Tricks

When I look at the error list i get 2 errors:

The member "CoverFactory" is not recognized or is not accessible.    BigBoxTheme    H:\LaunchBox\Themes\Default - Copy\Views\PlatformWheel2FiltersView.xaml    22    

No idea how to resolve this. Not a coder either. Just trying to modify some themes slightly.

@Styphelus Open up your theme in visual Studio then on the right top you will see references right click and then click on add references see screenshot.Untitled.thumb.png.54b1657443501b6b2cd60995e6615f23.pngthis opens up another dialogue box click on the browse button on bottom see screenshotUntitled1.thumb.png.be6fe324d8ce9ff5c937cdc4c796ae14.pngBrowse to the LaunchBox folder, and then the metadata folder and add all the dll's in there and click on ok.  Then follow the above steps again and browse to the LaunchBox folder again and add the BigBox.exe and the Launchbox.exe that should do it.

Edited by Maddoc1007

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if it would be possible (perhaps via the plugin system), to create custom Theme Settings (Maybe as Bindings), that could then be conditionally queried through the XAML files, and what the syntax for accessing them would be. I am currently creating a Theme that could really do with some changeable settings.

7 hours ago, alec100_94 said:

I was wondering if it would be possible (perhaps via the plugin system), to create custom Theme Settings (Maybe as Bindings), that could then be conditionally queried through the XAML files, and what the syntax for accessing them would be. I am currently creating a Theme that could really do with some changeable settings.

Yes I believe it is possible. @eatkinola has already implemented the plugin system in his theme Epoch09 and produced some independent plugins as well as @Grila for general uses.

Those are the right people for your queries when it comes to the plugin system as well as the man himself @Jason Carr

17 hours ago, alec100_94 said:

Yes, it is possible but requires code behind using the plugin framework to do so. For example, you could use the ISystemMenuItemPlugin interface to add an menu item w/text "Config Alec's Theme". When clicked, this plugin would display another window that could be used to change theme settings. I'm working on something like this to configure a custom library I'm releasing. To use custom bindings, you would have to develop your own objects in code behind containing the properties you want to bind.

Another option (which does not require code behind) is to use as approach as in Minimal-AO, which uses styles XAML files that can be hand-edited to customize the theme. It requires editing text files but works well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello guys. Ive been doing some coding with grila's control plugins. I'd like to ask how do you add really dark and fuzzy shadows under the text without redrawing the text 3 times over top of each other? I'm trying to get some real dark and fuzzy shadows going along with if I play in 4K, the shadows wont thin out like they currently are. any insight?

Lastly, anyone have psp xmb fonts for windows or know how to convert .pgf fonts to windows .font?

Edited by shinra358

I ran into that problem as well and ended up doing exactly what you first said only I just had it once underneath in black and simply moved the top up and to the left by 2. I was surprised there wasn't a obvious way to add it but I couldn't find out how to do it sorry