LaunchBox Community Forums

Meet Kirsten, the newest member to the LaunchBox team

Jason Carr

We're extremely excited to announce that Kirsten Marie has joined the LaunchBox team! She's a long-time gamer and we think she'll be a perfect fit for the LaunchBox community. She's starting out by helping us with all the customer service stuff, from the forums, to Bitbucket, emails, and everything else. Going forward she'll be doing more social networking and marketing stuff as well, including eventually doing videos and the like. She's a lot more fun (and nicer) than I am, so I think the community will benefit from her involvement tremendously. I'm also excited to be able to spend a little bit more time developing, and a little bit less time with customer service. I'll always be available to the community directly with the development live streams, email, forums, and everything else, but it will be good to focus our efforts here in order to make the team more productive than ever. So say hi to Kirsten, ask her anything, and thanks for being an important part of the LaunchBox community! :)

Guest Kirsten Marie
Hi Everyone! I am super excited to join the Launchbox team and be a part of this community! Can't wait to get to know you, hear your ideas and concerns, and just have a lot of fun! Like Jason said, I would be glad to answer any questions you might have! :)

Hello Kirsten! I think you will enjoy the pacifism and maturity of this forums. I have seen smaller communities and they are filled with trolls and unpleasant people but here it is very very rare when a wild troll attacks. I hope you don't mind but I have a question: What are your favorite games?

ALIE said Question do all post now go through moderation? Is that Kirsten as well. Seems like a lot of work :)
No, we definitely don't want all posts going through moderation. I think the permissions were just messed up for this particular forum. I've fixed it now...I hope. :P

Jason Carr said
ALIE said Question do all post now go through moderation? Is that Kirsten as well. Seems like a lot of work :)
No, we definitely don't want all posts going through moderation. I think the permissions were just messed up for this particular forum. I've fixed it now...I hope. :P
Ok i thought it was odd since I have only seen a few rotten eggs.

Guest Kirsten Marie
Thanks so much @iamdavid555! @CliveBarker, Thanks! I play a lot of Call of duty right now, but on the retro side of things I love spyro on playstation 1. I also of course love playing super mario brothers 3 for the NES. :)

Kirsten Marie said Thanks so much @iamdavid555! @CliveBarker, Thanks! I play a lot of Call of duty right now, but on the retro side of things I love spyro on playstation 1. I also of course love playing super mario brothers 3 for the NES. :)
Spyro was an awesome adventure/platformer, I enjoyed the first 3 games. Sadly the franchise is dead now

Guest Kirsten Marie
Hi @nmc! Thanks! @CliveBarker, I loved it! I have been thinking about playing the first one again here soon. I haven't played it in so long but I used to spend hours on it! Definitely one of the best adventure games! :)

Hi Kirsten. Welcome to the forums and all the best with your role with the LaunchBox Team. I was about to suggest that you might take some of the pressure off of Jason and Brad, but those two work horses seem to thrive on it.