LaunchBox Community Forums

Emulator Settings for All Platforms

Jason Carr

You could try DAEMON Tools and create a batch. "C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -mount 0, %1% start /wait "" "nullDC_Win32_Release-NoTrace (rev141-optimised).exe" -config ImageReader:defaultImage= Drive letter of your virtual drive "C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTlite.exe" -unmount 0 Might be better setting the deafultImage in the actual config file to the virtual drive letter also.

@bd000 thanks for the suggestion. i am really trying to avoid doing the extras like that as much as possible. so far all the pc games and emulators i have tried worked great with minimal tinkering. i knew this one was gonna be a pain. i saw another post where someone launches the games as regular games with a command line and not as an emuator. im leaning towards that if i cannot find anything else.

I just use a batch file. start "" "C:\Dreamcast ullDC_104_r136 ulldc.exe" -config ImageReader:LoadDefaultImage=1 -config ImageReader:defaultImage="C:\Dreamcast\Games\some dreamcast game.GDI" also i think i might have edited the nullDC.cfg. Emulator.AutoStart=1 Emulator.NoConsole=1 edit: the batch file text won't paste properly. here's a pastebin. http://pastebin.com/5feicVRM

These are my settings under "NullDC 1.0.4 r150 " The nulldc is a bit tricky, so first you have to make some changes in the configuration file " nullDC.cfg " ( open with notepad ) located in the emu main directory, change the following: Emulator.AutoStart=1 Emulator.NoConsole=1 AutoHideMenu=1 Fullscreen=1 PatchRegion=1 LoadDefaultImage=1 DefaultImage=defualt.gdi LastImage=I:\Sega Dreamcast\*.cdi In launchbox don´t use the emulator pannel, instead use the main one " Launcher ", in " Apllication Path " put the emulator location path : " c:\*.*\NullDC_Win32_Release.exe ", use this one not the " no trace " In the command line the extension look a bit messy but it works launching the hames individually, put: Ill put my one to give a start C:\Program Files (x86)\Emulator\NullDC 1.0.4 r150\NullDC_Win32_Release.exe -config ImageReader:DefaultImage="I:\Sega Dreamcast\daytonaUSA.cdi" Yes all that. Laugh nmc pew pew pew and out.....

• 2 weeks later...
Just realised that there is nothing on there about --cfgpath="string" for PCSX2. It does allow relative paths too as I have just found out, here's a chunk from my post a moment ago in this thread.
altrewin said Application Path: Emulators\PCSX2\pcsx2.exe Application Command-Line Parameters: --cfgpath="GameConfigs\GAME" "Games\GAME.iso" Where "GAME" is whatever game you are loading, for example if you wanted to create a profile for Rayman, the parameters would be: "--cfgpath="GameConfigs\Rayman" "Games\Rayman.iso"

• 1 month later...
Hey folks, I'm looking to simplify emulation for LaunchBox 4.2. In the very least, I'd like to include this list of settings within LaunchBox so that you can choose an emulator and have it automatically use the right settings. That said, it might be nice if I could include emulators for some platforms out of the box. I'd love to hear feedback on everyone's thoughts regarding this and what emulators they might suggest. I've looked into possibly including a multi-platform emulator like RetroArch or MESS but I have very little experience with them, and I'm not sure if that would be a good idea or not. Open to any and all ideas. The primary goal I have is to make emulation with LaunchBox as easy as possible, while allowing for customization where needed. Thanks, Jason

Most definitely; big thanks to bd for his work on this post. As I had previously promised, I've finally started to integrate these settings into LaunchBox itself (so they automatically populate and such). I just put out version 4.2-beta-1 ( https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox-nightlies ) which includes settings for a handful of them. I'm adding them slowly in because I'm testing them one-by-one.

Jason Carr said Hey folks, I'm looking to simplify emulation for LaunchBox 4.2. In the very least, I'd like to include this list of settings within LaunchBox so that you can choose an emulator and have it automatically use the right settings. That said, it might be nice if I could include emulators for some platforms out of the box. I'd love to hear feedback on everyone's thoughts regarding this and what emulators they might suggest. I've looked into possibly including a multi-platform emulator like RetroArch or MESS but I have very little experience with them, and I'm not sure if that would be a good idea or not. Open to any and all ideas. The primary goal I have is to make emulation with LaunchBox as easy as possible, while allowing for customization where needed. Thanks, Jason
With Retroarch you would need to consider: - No guarantee that the users config's will be the default names. I like to save mine based on the shader name rather than system. - No guarantee the configs will exist. The user has to open a core and save the config first. If you decide to include Retroarch you would need to provide a file selection box where the parameters go to allow the user to select their own config. That might be inconsistent and potentially confusing to people though so maybe just leaving Retroarch to be configured within LB manually. You will have to weigh it up. As for emulators maybe supply an emulator pack to go with LB but please don't include them in the main package, it would add a lot to your bandwidth cost and some people(I) would have no need for any of them. I love the idea of Launchbox working out of the erm ... box though, emulation has been a pain in the proverbial for far too long. Just answered the maths question wrong lol 7+7 is not that hard does it time out or something?

Yeah, I'm settling not to include any emulators. There's just too many of them. I'm including download links to make it easy. I've messed around with Retroarch, and yeah, it doesn't look like it would work or be a good idea to auto-configure it. It just has too many options, and I know too little about how it all works. The maths question...first time I've heard or seen that. But, odd. You got in though?

Hi everyone, Just wondering if anyone is using Turbo Engine to emulate the TG16. Command-line --fullscreen works fine but I'm getting some serious background clipping from LaunchBox. If I Alt+Enter out of fullscreen and back into fullscreen the issue goes away. It's only present when launched from LaunchBox. Anyone know of a command-line to solve this? Running Win 7 Ult 64 just incase that might matter. So if you like Jason you can add Turbo Engine for NEC Turbo Grafx 16, --fullscreen, zip. I haven't looked to see what other files it will run, I would assume the same as the other TG16 emulator though. Update 1: Some games, like R-Type, will start the background clipping again when the game switches to demo mode and also when it returns to the title screen. Just a little info to maybe help.

ps4isthefuture said Hi everyone, Just wondering if anyone is using Turbo Engine to emulate the TG16. Command-line --fullscreen works fine but I'm getting some serious background clipping from LaunchBox. If I Alt+Enter out of fullscreen and back into fullscreen the issue goes away. It's only present when launched from LaunchBox. Anyone know of a command-line to solve this? Running Win 7 Ult 64 just incase that might matter. So if you like Jason you can add Turbo Engine for NEC Turbo Grafx 16, --fullscreen, zip. I haven't looked to see what other files it will run, I would assume the same as the other TG16 emulator though. Update 1: Some games, like R-Type, will start the background clipping again when the game switches to demo mode and also when it returns to the title screen. Just a little info to maybe help.
That's interesting. I'll see if I can get that emulator working. I wonder if minimizing LaunchBox before launching the game would fix the problem...