Jason Carr

Guys, I used to use this with SFF saturn

A bat file containing...

set var=%1%

"C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -unmount 0
"C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -mount 0, %1%
"C:\Emu\SSF_012_beta_R3\SSF.exe"

Worked fine with daemon tols lite 4.x

But on windows 10 I can only install dtools lite 10 and command doesnt work. There is any fix or can be use this with windows embedded iso handling?

Thanks

Edited by Trihy

I asked at the PPSSPP forums if it was possible to use command line parameters to change the graphics backend for specific games when using the PPSSPP standalone, so Henrik has now implemented these additional Command Line parameters to do just that:

--graphics=

gles
directx9
software
//edit: in new versions on supported hardware/OS the following can also be used:
vulkan
directx11

Useful since the OpenGL backend supports shaders but it is usually slower for AMD users, while DX9 doesn't support shaders. So you can now have specific games load with the DX9 or the OpenGL backend. Note that DX11 and Vulkan are not yet fully functional.

NOTE: You need version v1.3-612-gad06a71 or higher. Get it here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

Edited by Crush
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I finally understood this part

But when setting up a new platform, after you added the emulator

I would like to have of launchbox assoiated platforms in same place knowing what to type in there?

Edited by Zeaede
misspelled

The platforms are not hardcoded. That means that you can create any type of platform you want. For example you could name your PSP platform as "Sony Portable" instead of "Sony PSP".

Just make sure that you select the correct default platform when scraping.

Yep. You can call them whatever you want in your own library and subsequently set them to "scrape as" any of the platforms in the DB.

Keep in mind that the "associated platform" in your emulator entries in LB need to match what you name the platform in your library in order to be associated with that platform. If the platform in your library is named "C64" and the associated platform tab in the emulator you want to use is set to "Commodore 64" it's not going to work. They need to match.

As far as a list of the platforms that currently have Launchbox Games Database sections, just look at the DB.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 5:32 PM, jaythompson said:

Great list of commands here. I thank you.

For Future Pinball, I think the commands in your list should be changed to  /open "Drive Letter:\full path\table_name.fpt" /play /exit . Unless I am missing something somewhere, this currently has to be entered manually for each table. Just using the /open /play /exit commands will not open the table (rom) properly.

To make Future Pinball work for me, I created a batch file, named "FuturePinball.bat" and placed it in the same path as the "Future Pinball.exe" file.  The contents of the batch file are:

@echo off
"Future Pinball_no_watermark.exe" /open %1% /play /exit

The emulator is set up to run the batch file, and all checkboxes are unchecked.  (Most important is to be passing WITH QUOTES and the FULL PATH AND FILENAME of the game.

You should set the Future Pinball.exe to run in Windows 7 compatibility, and you may need to set it to run as administrator, or the table may lose focus sporadically when loaded.  Just remember that if you have it run as administrator, the UAC notice will pop up every time you select a Future Pinball table from the launcher.

The load isn't pretty, because you'll see the main application load, then the table loads.  However, when you exit, you are back in LaunchBox/Big Box as expected.

I'm VERY new to LaunchBox, but am liking the flexibility available when loading emulators.

That being said, it would like to know if we have variables that can be used in the custom command line such as %ROMPATH%, %ROM%, etc.  I have been unable to locate anything like that so far.  If those were available, this would not require an external batch file to run the emulator.

4 minutes ago, Offy said:

To make Future Pinball work for me, I created a batch file, named "FuturePinball.bat" and placed it in the same path as the "Future Pinball.exe" file.  The contents of the batch file are:

@echo off
"Future Pinball_no_watermark.exe" /open %1% /play /exit

The emulator is set up to run the batch file, and all checkboxes are unchecked.  (Most important is to be passing WITH QUOTES and the FULL PATH AND FILENAME of the game.

You should set the Future Pinball.exe to run in Windows 7 compatibility, and you may need to set it to run as administrator, or the table may lose focus sporadically when loaded.  Just remember that if you have it run as administrator, the UAC notice will pop up every time you select a Future Pinball table from the launcher.

The load isn't pretty, because you'll see the main application load, then the table loads.  However, when you exit, you are back in LaunchBox/Big Box as expected.

I'm VERY new to LaunchBox, but am liking the flexibility available when loading emulators.

That being said, it would like to know if we have variables that can be used in the custom command line such as %ROMPATH%, %ROM%, etc.  I have been unable to locate anything like that so far.  If those were available, this would not require an external batch file to run the emulator.

Or you could just download this autohotkey exe I created and use it. It does the same thing your bat file does. But what I'd like to know is what is Future Pinball_no_watermark all about? Is this a different version of FP without the splashscreen? I'm intrigued.

2 hours ago, jaythompson said:

Or you could just download this autohotkey exe I created and use it. It does the same thing your bat file does. But what I'd like to know is what is Future Pinball_no_watermark all about? Is this a different version of FP without the splashscreen? I'm intrigued.

I saw no reason for me to use a compiled script, when a simple batch file solved the problem.  The EXE makes it simpler for someone who just wants to drag, drop and configure, but I'm more of a tinkerer. 

Like I said above, if we were given the rom path in a variable we could use in the custom command line setup, none of this would be needed. Maybe it's available, but I haven't seen it discussed so far. 

The no watermark EXE was in the archive I got for FP. It also included one that didn't do high scores?   Whatever that means.  I don't really know what the difference is yet. If I figure it out, I'll let you know. 

Edited by Offy

57 minutes ago, Offy said:

Like I said above, if we were given the rom path in a variable we could use in the custom command line setup, none of this would be needed. Maybe it's available, but I haven't seen it discussed so far.

Yeah unfortunately Launchbox doesn't yet have the ability to do Future Pinball on it's own. This has been brought up many times and is not high on @Jason Carrs priority list to get fixed at this time. Otherwise we wouldn't need to make our own work-arounds. Glad to see you were able to figure it out though.

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, sdetert said:

Is there a way to get Future Pinball to run from ZIP files or do you need to extract all the archives?

Thanks in advance

I don't think so. The problem is there are usually multiple versions of each table within the zip files. When I set mine up, I extracted the table from the zip with the latest revision number, or the version with the features I was interested in and used that. The tables are sometimes dependent on other files within the zip so those files will also need to be extracted and placed in their proper respective folders. Sometimes the dependent file will need to be placed in its respective folder and sometimes the file will need to be placed in the folder that you put your tables in. It really depends on how the author of the table set up the file structure for the table you are trying to run. When I did mine, it was very time consuming as I went through each table individually and made sure that... 

1. The table would open.

2. I could launch a ball with my plunger button (Some tables require each each ball to be loaded which needed an extra button. My cab is not set up for this.)

3. The flippers would work

4. That no other weirdness like no sound or multiple balls being launched at once.

5. The table didn't totally suck. A lot of them do, but the majority of table are pretty fun.

If all the above were OK, then it would go into the collection. If not I would spend a few minutes to see if there was an easy fix such as dependent table files not being where they should be. I would try moving dependent table files into the table folder and see if that would remedy the situation. Also, if there was another version of the table, I might try it to see if it would work. If none of that worked, I simply deleted the table and moved on. For me, there are far too many table to fuss over the few that didn't work. Took me a good solid weekend or two to get a good collection of 450 or so tables set up, but now I have a pretty solid set and I know they all work as I touched each one individually

On top of all of the above, Launchbox can't launch tables properly without some help. You can use the file I posted in the comments above, BAM, or Rocketlauncher. Alternatively, you can manually add the full path in each game details screen which for me was out of the question with so many games to add. The easiest way is probably by using my file, but if you want extra features, look into the other methods.

Hope this helps someone.

14 hours ago, sdetert said:

Is there a way to get Future Pinball to run from ZIP files or do you need to extract all the archives?

Thanks in advance

Likewise, I did not find any way to get FP to run with the tables as ZIP files.  I supposed you could, if you wanted re-ZIP each table so that it would extract at run time, then clean up the paths that you use after you exit, but that seems like to much work.  I did the same thing as @jaythompson, with regard to extracting the tables and picking the ones I wanted to use.  The only difference is that I created my own batch file shown a few posts up to run the tables.

It's not a quick process, setting up the FP tables.  It seriously is a try and see approach for each table.

• Like 1

When im reading the first post of Emulator Settings for All Platforms im bit confused

Becouse when you watching turtorials from youtube they are using different emulators

For MSX example here it says MESS but on turtorial they are using Retroarch but im using blueMSX

So the first page should be uptaded with alternative emulators for those systems that have it

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2017 at 2:59 PM, Zeaede said:

When im reading the first post of Emulator Settings for All Platforms im bit confused

Becouse when you watching turtorials from youtube they are using different emulators

For MSX example here it says MESS but on turtorial they are using Retroarch but im using blueMSX

So the first page should be uptaded with alternative emulators for those systems that have it

Yea I agree if the original poster could update the chart that would be great.  I know it's all subjective on what emulators people think are the best but this is is a great reference already and an update would be awesome.

Edit:  Looks like the OP hasn't posted since July of last year so maybe someone can get this going again with a new chart.

Edited by heelsinc
  • Like 1