LaunchBox Community Forums

Fullscreen video not working

half-fast

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Mithrot said:

Ah! I was looking at the options under BigBox, not Launchbox. BUT, I'm still unable to see fullscreen videos on BigBox.

This thread was originally about Launchbox not Bigbox, hence @DOS76 reply. What theme and view are you using in Bigbox? Not all themes and views support background videos, some have specific areas in the views for videos not full screen, others want you to have the background videos unchecked in the options in order for the video to show.

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

This thread was originally about Launchbox not Bigbox, hence @DOS76 reply. What theme and view are you using in Bigbox? Not all themes and views support background videos, some have specific areas in the views for videos not full screen, others want you to have the background videos unchecked in the options in order for the video to show.

Ah, my bad. I'm using Vertical Wheel 1 on EmulationStation. I don't think this issue is Theme-specific because it happens even on Default and CriticalZone. The background video option is unchecked. Tried all sorts of options with little success. Don't have WMP installed- only VLC.

>as you can see I have a f-zero video playing

I see. I'm talking about "View Fullscreen Video" within the Game Details panel. I can see the video just fine like your screenshot in the Game List panel, but once I try viewing the video in full-screen it just shows me a black image. My options are already the same as the ones you've set in the pic.

OK, something strange is going on there. Most of my platforms those videos are playing just fine, but in some platforms they are not playing at all. SNES and Megadrive play the videos just fine from the game details view, but none of my PS2 game videos will play. I then switched to WMP and they all played with no issue, so it looks like a VLC issue of some description.

I am going to tag @Jason Carr on this one to see if he has any insight on it. Sorry I can't help you more, but at least we do have 2 confirmations of the issue now. I had never noticed this myself as I have the game details screen switched off in the options, and I have never used the view full screen option before.

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

I am going to tag @Jason Carr on this one to see if he has any insight on it. Sorry I can't help you more, but at least we do have 2 confirmations of the issue now. I had never noticed this myself as I have the game details screen switched off in the options, and I have never used the view full screen option before.

I thought it was just me. I appreciate the confirmation of these issues.