LaunchBox Community Forums

Coverflow not smooth on powerful computer

Immortal Chortle

Just now, DOS76 said:

Yeah they are so easy to change back and forth it shouldn't be an issue testing one out to see if you get better performance

Agreed, I tend to swap mine about when the mood takes me. I have about 25 themes in my theme folder and just chop and change at will.

6 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Yeah they are so easy to change back and forth it shouldn't be an issue testing one out to see if you get better performance

Not sure there is much point though, since I really like my current default theme :)

So even if performance is better with another theme, I prefer the one I have now. I've never seen any themes' screenshots yet that compel me to want to try them.  

Plus, I know the default theme that comes with BB is least likely to BREAK. haha.

Just now, ckp said:

Not sure there is much point though, since I really like my current default theme :)

So even if performance is better with another theme, I prefer the one I have now. I've never seen any themes' screenshots yet that compel me to want to try them.  

Plus, I know the default theme that comes with BB is least likely to BREAK. haha.

Of course, each to there own whatever you prefer will obviously be best for you. Oh and incase you hadn't noticed there are actually 2 default themes these days, CriticalZone is included by default as well now.

A hardware upgrade seems silly from what I'm running just to run smooth BB wheel :)

Anyway, I'm more interested in trying to see what kind of settings, if any, will help improve my current BB theme with scrolling. I haven't messed with any yet. 

Any suggestions? I don't need any general system performance tips.

So, looking at settings in BB to try to see if anything will help in my default theme with stuttering platform scrolling.

Would either of these have any affect:

Transitions:

Platforms Video Transition: Rotate Horizontal Triangle

Platform Details Transition: Slide Vertical

Those are the current settings and I have no idea what they mean or what the other options mean.

Any other ideas on setting to speed platform scrolling?

ok, so i had Win Media Player set in BB for videos, probably because LB crashes with some games if I use VLC. But BB doesn't crash with VLC, so I changed to VLC. It seems way better now. It still has a stutter if I hesitate just the right amount before moving to the next platform, but it's not bad at all.

While I was at it I thought I would try setting VLC in regular LB now on 7.8. LB still crashes when I launch Dolphin and Dreamcast games that have zipped game images. So had to switch back to Win Media Player in regular LB. I don't think I'll ever be able to use VLC in regular LB :(