LaunchBox Community Forums

Who has the largest collection currently standing in Launchbox?

cleverest

I'm sitting at just under 20k games, every single one is in 7z and gets unzipped to my Solid State C drive automatically upon playing (RocketLauncher)

I am so anal about artwork so dont have hardly anything added to my Big Box setup.

Aiming for every HyperList set Complete just for OCD reasons lol

Just now, xena990 said:

Hmm but there is a software called "Depresurizer" that has access to steam library and organize it in groups.

Right, but that's not importing games through the API. I think it's using the API to sort tags only, that's a bit different. Usually the biggest question though is if we can only import installed games, and the answer is usually no because of the limitations of the API. There is more we can certainly try and do, like better metadata grabbing and filtering as well.

CammelSpit,

My recommendations, if they help...

For Gamecube games use Dolphin to compress with GCZ format...it compresses them and they are usable with no slowdown.

For PSP games use CSO; avoids the TMP file for PS2 below and is close to the same compression GZ

For PS2 use GZ and there is only a delay the first time you open a game it created a small TMP file (in the MB) for each game after launching once and then opens regular speed after that....

I just trimmed down from 9k+ to around 3k+ today. Screw having all that bloat and games I would never play. I would rather be able to open a platform and pick from any game there and play it. Also attract mode looks way more sexy when good games are on display and not barbie or mary kate and ashley. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cammelspit said:

Keep telling you that you need to be slightly less anal about it. There is nothing like hitting the select random game and launching it without even a care in the world. :P Dunno why it tickles me so much to randomly play something I have never played before.

@cammelspit What? D: I'm just messing, I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging or anything. That's not the case at all. I do like the idea of random select though :P

Edited by LukeArio

16 hours ago, xena990 said:

I hate the steam import thing... i dont want 600 + games in LB. So i manually add the .exe in LB for the games i like.

Maybe someday we can add a playlist from steam instead of all games.

Agree but there is a way around it now, kind of... Import all your games, hide the ones you dont want, that way when you scan the games again, all the ones you dont want to appear, stay hidden. Takes a little while but its the best way ive found. 

• Like 1

Xena990, thanks for sharing the details...this is my current breakdown....everything working, except NEO GEO CD, which I may remove...because for the life of me I can't seem to get them to wor (Bin/CUE) games in MESS, Mednefan, Nebula or anything else, driving me nuts...

GameLISTING.JPG

21 minutes ago, drtechnolust said:

Is there a gui program available to batch compress multiple Gamecube games in there own folder?

Is there a GUI program non command line app available the batch compress ps2 games to CSO? 

For GameCube games use dolphin,  set the game directory,  then just multiply highlighting right click and compress those games all at once.

There is one for PS2 games, via a batch file with iso's in same folder To GZ format using pigz command line multi threading compression... I didn't use CSO, but I believe there is one like that where you load multiple into a window and click to compress.

^ I chose GZ because it gives better compression ratio; not by a huge amount...but when you have hundreds and hundreds of games...it makes a difference.  You want to do -9 compression for best results speed and compression wise if you go this route. 

Only negative I can think of is that it creates a very small (in the MB) tmp file the FIRST time you launch a game; but after that games load at full speed...not a biggie for me.

Edited by cleverest