LaunchBox Community Forums

Who has the largest collection currently standing in Launchbox?

cleverest

• 3 weeks later...

cleverest

the gun  http://www.arcadeguns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=267

downloaded house of dead 1-3 pc rom didnt need any set up at all, looks and works as good has the real arcade cab

ive played a few games using dolphin for WII games ghost squad,house of dead overkill but have problems with controls once i set the gun up i cant play the other wii games because the control config needs changing back to pad, so thats a abit of hassle if you doing a arcade cab, im looking into a way around this. there will be a way

mame works great, hard to set up gun, but works really good,

i also upgraded the sensor bar that came with the gun has it only worked on small screens, so needed another,  now it works on  anything between 40-100" tv.  As my next cab im planning using maybe 40-55" tv

IMG_3741.jpg

IMG_3742.jpg

IMG_3743.jpg

IMG_3744.jpg

IMG_3745.jpg

IMG_3746.jpg

• Like 1

cleverest

just a few videos showing it running and on emulators, videos poor quality and doesn't do it justice, mind the mess got wires all over from this project i'm on with, mrs is going mad lol

wii game, house of dead overkill.... running on dolphin emulator

pc-rom, house of dead 3......just pc

duck hunt......mame

virtual cop.......sega model 2 emulator

worth investing my 5yr old loves it, he's got it on a cab i built him, not very good but hey 1st attempt

IMG_3749.MOV

IMG_3750.MOV

IMG_3751.MOV

IMG_3753.MOV

IMG_3269.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

My Current Collection is

108,000 games (merged for multi disk and different regions US,JP,EU= 1 game)

105 platforms (arcades are not clearly separated yet)

19.5 TB in size (Most archives are zipped)

There are different modes for everyone. My collection is not the cleanest (missing box art, info, screen shots only), especially  hard to collect NEC Computer Media. For me its more of a personal archive. For others its about curation and refinement.

Edited by GuroDragon
Correction

2 hours ago, GuroDragon said:

My Current Collection is

108,000 games (merged for multi disk and different regions US,JP,EU= 1 game)

105 platforms (arcades are not clearly separated yet)

19.5 TB in size (Most archives are zipped)

There are different modes for everyone. My collection is not the cleanest (missing box art, info, screen shots only), especially  hard to collect NEC Computer Media. For me its more of a personal archive. For others its about curation and refinement.

WOWzers....what hardware are you running this from? curious about your particular hard drive/raid implementation for it.

Do you audit your collections at all or just wing it best you can?

Hi Guys

Not read all posts on here but as I am at 93 Systems and 40K+ games I am struggling to even think what's next...

I think I might get to 100 with some very odd systems but this would only take my game total to 41K at best...

What's the thoughts of others ???

FRK

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FRK said:

Hi Guys

Not read all posts on here but as I am at 93 Systems and 40K+ games I am struggling to even think what's next...

I think I might get to 100 with some very odd systems but this would only take my game total to 41K at best...

What's the thoughts of others ???

FRK

Same here, including playlists I've created and genre ones, I'm at 100 (probably about 70 platforms if you remove playlists) and 43K titles total not counting comics and vintage video game magazines.....not sure what else to add...I think a lot of larger ones also include non-english titles, duplicates, mame titles that are not merged, multi-disc games that may not be merged, etc......that would make sense...mine does not, except translations to English titles and about 160 jap famicom games, and a few NEC-PC-FX games..

19 minutes ago, cleverest said:

Same here, including playlists I've created and genre ones, I'm at 100 (probably about 70 platforms if you remove playlists) and 43K titles total not counting comics and vintage video game magazines.....not sure what else to add...I think a lot of larger ones also include non-english titles, duplicates, mame titles that are not merged, multi-disc games that may not be merged, etc......that would make sense...mine does not, except translations to English titles and about 160 jap famicom games, and a few NEC-PC-FX games..

Just counted.. 82 systems and 11 best off/classics.. My collection does contain Fruit Machines/Pinball Machines.... Still might include Taito Type X2 and GOG but as these have to be entered manually one at a time I might leave it to a rainy Sunday...

and Touhou project...

Edited by FRK

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Dane said:

I’ve enjoyed reading through this thread. I do not have the biggest, but just surpassed 50k two nights ago. Creeping up to 51k and probably still rising. I’m one of these completionist types. I’m enjoying the ‘challenge’.

Hi Dane, I just got passed 42K....omitting comics and video game magazines...are you importing only US/EURO sets or do you included japanese/latin games too?

I only include translated to english japanes games, except my NEC-PCFX and some Famicom games (translated when possible), and go through great pains to get rid of duplicate versions, demos, betas etc..

2 hours ago, cleverest said:

Hi Dane, I just got passed 42K....omitting comics and video game magazines...are you importing only US/EURO sets or do you included japanese/latin games too?

I only include translated to english japanes games, except my NEC-PCFX and some Famicom games (translated when possible), and go through great pains to get rid of duplicate versions, demos, betas etc..

Hello, out of the approximate 51k there’d be about 100 gaming magazines but all the rest are games. I have broken quite a few of my systems up into regions and only imported the Japanese exclusives. I actually have seperate categories for translations for the Game Gear, NES, SNES and Mega Drive where I’ve made my own custom main menu clear logos. I like to try and get rid of duplicates, demos and betas too. Though for various systems I have seperate categories for hacks and homebrews like the Atari 2600 for example where I’ve got over 2k games. I have a Sonic the Hedgehog hacks category for the Mega Drive with about 180 games, I find those fun. I’m starting to add all the old pain in the arse computers now which will be frustrating but fun too. Your collection sounds like it’d be very organised and tidy, which I really dig.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Curious HOW you guys are storing your collections...I just use an 8TB Seagate USB external drive, but now I'm starting to struggle with space now with my 46k collection (I also have 7k more TotalDos games, but they are a mess and I'm going through deleting what I already have on their from eXoDOS collection, but it's a slow process...

1 hour ago, cleverest said:

Curious HOW you guys are storing your collections...I just use an 8TB Seagate USB external drive, but now I'm starting to struggle with space now with my 46k collection (I also have 7k more TotalDos games, but they are a mess and I'm going through deleting what I already have on their from eXoDOS collection, but it's a slow process...

x3 10tb 225 systems

• Like 1