LaunchBox Community Forums

Your List of Small Things

Lordmonkus

Iv mentioned this on a few live streams since launchbox version 6.9 but thought id make topic here

id love for an option so games like The witcher 3 or The sims 4 can be in alphabetical order under The and not under w or s

As you can see the games that start with THE arnt in the correct order

AJpebWn.png

Sort title is the only way to get the games to go under THE, but if i put in sort title THE SIMS 4, it will then move to S and ignore THE.

its the same for the other games starting with THE

So if possible an update to sort title menu would be greatly appreciated 

ozV5BlG.png

Please can this be looked into :)

Edited by JOHN30011887

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I've recently became forever license user:P so I wanted to share some personal wishlist to be implemented soon.

1. When you add roms for Windows PC, there should be option to choose NOTHING so that PC game will run by itself.  For now, I'd have to choose any emulator and then, after rom has been added, I go back to Bulk Edit Wizard and select No value for Emulator. (Please see PICTURE)
1.thumb.png.721f5947d64199afc0f59051e5be2b2c.png

2. I often need to use Wikipedia ID since Lauchbox Database is not updated fast enough. I read from other thread that image for Wikipedia is broken but can't this be implemented even just for simple Box-Front picture? 59cc89ed4dca3_WikipediaImage.thumb.PNG.db39f83723197320af6a9e617b862555.PNG

3. Can't drag  & drop image straight from Web Browser. For now, only way is to drag it to desktop and drop it. But it would be very handy if I could drop the image from web browser directly to edit window.59cc8c671ca8e_draganddrop.thumb.png.27ffafed520613140d551615ebfe6ef6.png

4. IMAGE EDIT- One click of picture will popup the picture. But this is unnecessary if you are deleting duplicates or reorganizing the images. You could implement like iTunes for example. 

One click= highlights/select the image.  Delete button= delete/remove selected image. Double click= image popup

59cc8e5f9e763_imageedit.thumb.PNG.8ece6148e559d618ee6d8cfd0de088bb.PNG

Edited by xmas

Ahh gotcha though that sort of stuff is kind of already in there. You can sort and generate playlists based on developers and publishers. Going into things like director and composer would certainly take a lot more work on the database. I am sure those fields could be added though.59cc8fedc4d79_2017-09-2801_59_54-.thumb.png.776141d74b6b8880b3bd3effa670edf4.png

1. Controller Hot-keyed Bigbox emulator pause menu.

2. Save state slots on the game information page/ emulator pause menu

I would like the ability to open a small Bigbox menu over-top of the game that can:

a. Pause the game

b. Savestate to the slot I mentioned on the game information page

c. Fast forward / Rewind from save states

d. Controller configuration

e. Return to Bigbox

3 minutes ago, Drumheld said:

I would like the ability to open a small Bigbox menu over-top of the game that can:

a. Pause the game

e. Return to Bigbox

I'm really not trying to diminish your requests here at all but it really is outside the scope of what this thread was about. This thread was about about small improvements to the current features and the way things work rather than full on new features.

Now having said that, all of those are great ideas and probably on the long term list of things to be added at some point.

2 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

I'm really not trying to diminish your requests here at all but it really is outside the scope of what this thread was about. This thread was about about small improvements to the current features and the way things work rather than full on new features.

Now having said that, all of those are great ideas and probably on the long term list of things to be added at some point.

Also i think Retroarch already covers most of those right?

I have some small ones i like to add.

when updating metadata . example just getting new stuff you dont have - a quick update. i would love to get a report of how many front box etc was downloaded even being able to go into details seeing exactly what was added what empty spots is now filled.

alternate names when merging titles the japan version with a different tile appears as the name of the main merged game. i like to see original names being kept. 

Nope thats not what i mean, i know about that option, i was saying it be good to save them, you can make a custom setup but it doesnt have save option

For example i might want to edit purple colors and have a nice setup, but then one day i might want to edit reds, that would result in loosing my purple setup and id have to make it from scratch again

A few small things I'd like to see:

- Ability to put platforms in multiple platform categories.  (So Gameboy could be under "Handhelds" and "Nintendo Handhelds")

- Ability to add a playlist to a platform category without it displaying in the main platform section.  (The platform section gets too crowded with playlists but would be nice to organize them based on platform categories.)

- Ability to have separate views for Platforms and Platform Categories.

- Ability to display different views for the Genre list.

On 10/2/2017 at 9:04 PM, Drumheld said:

a. Pause the game

e. Return to Bigbox

You've done one post here but I know your name from somewhere. I've always wondered what holding your drums feels like. Hmm. Are you from TiZ?