LaunchBox Community Forums

Your List of Small Things

Lordmonkus

4 hours ago, RetroHumanoid said:

Then all of the games that start with "Super" or "Space" would be way out of order...and there are tons of those

So? It's still sorted by year, so it will eliminate a sequel being displayed before the original. In the rare case there's another game in-between, you can use the sort field then.

11 minutes ago, MegaDeox said:

So? It's still sorted by year, so it will eliminate a sequel being displayed before the original. In the rare case there's another game in-between, you can use the sort field then.

So what happens is...the 70+ SNES titles that begin with the word "Super" get all mixed up,and sorted by year,instead of alphabetical....

Add Audit Tool Settings Menu to select which columns to display

It would be great for the Audit Tool to have a settings section in LB, so the user could select which values/columns to audit (images and which type, videos, manuals, emulators, statuses, etc.).
By doing this the audit tool will be able to display what is needed on that specific auditing, and will be able to display much more/different info than what it currently has.

As an example, I do not use 3D carts, so that column is taking loading time and space for me, as I could either get rid of it, or substitute it with a more needed category.

In case you find this useful, please vote it up :)
https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/4628/add-audit-tool-settings-menu-to-select

Other tickets worth voting:

Ability to scroll through games inside "Edit Game" window
While in the "Edit Game" window, to have a way of going to the Next game and the Previous game (i.e. have an "Apply" button to save changes without having to exit out of it, and two arrows left and right). 
This helps in editing games when something needs to be reviewed/modified to a great list/selection, and it is not a bulk change, but a change on each game.
https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/848/previous-and-next-button-in-edit-window

Make videos have the same filename nomenclature as images
For the videos (platforms and games) to use the same nomenclature as image media in the sense of - 01,-02, etc.
So if for example I place in the Videos/Platform/ folder the videos NES-01.mpg and NES-02.mpg, they will get randomized in the main Platforms wheel every time the NES one is highlighted and improve the experience.
https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/4606/make-videos-have-the-same-filename

Take a snapshot of Themes/Views states for BigBox (so can be saved/loaded)
A way to take a snapshot of your current theme/views configuration, so in case you select different stuff, you can always load it back again the way it was in one button press.
This is helpful when you use different themes for different platforms and categories, so you can make changes and then go back without having to redo everything again afterwards.
https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/4631/take-a-snapshot-of-themes-views-states-for

Show other platforms on Game Details page
One feature from GameEx that would be awesome to see in Big Box is having a list of other platforms you can play the same game on from the games detail page. For example, it could show every version of Asteroids from different systems that could be quickly launched from that link. It's really fun to jump around and try the same game on different systems so easily.
https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/3097/feature-request-show-other-platforms-on

Edited by Kondorito
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lordmonkus said:

Well written post but well beyond the scope of this thread, especially considering you have bitbucket requests in for them already.

Ah, got it. Yeah, now that I think about it I understand the spirit of the topic. Sorry Monkus, will try to keep them very small, short and sweet from now on. 

Here are a few things I would pay bountys for even.

1. Audit playlists of games

2. Able to hide categories or playlists from bigbox

3. Play random videos FROM THE VIDEOS in the a playlist if no playlist video is found.

4. The audit system, able to in the audit window update cells like Excel to update values. Also to import data from external sources and to output the audit to various types.

I'm doing a lot of research through launchbox by going to different titles and reading their data a lot, I love the fact that you can type a letter to quickly browse through the lists which I do in windows explorer and itunes as well, I don't know if it is hard to program but it would be even faster browsing if you could type the second or even the third following letter in sequence like you can in windows and itunes. At the moment I'm using the search function which works really well as well but when closing the search term you'll be back at the top of a list, so maybe if you can go back to where your position before the search was it would be awesome as well. ?

7 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

I'm doing a lot of research through launchbox by going to different titles and reading their data a lot, I love the fact that you can type a letter to quickly browse through the lists which I do in windows explorer and itunes as well, I don't know if it is hard to program but it would be even faster browsing if you could type the second or even the third following letter in sequence like you can in windows and itunes. At the moment I'm using the search function which works really well as well but when closing the search term you'll be back at the top of a list, so maybe if you can go back to where your position before the search was it would be awesome as well. ?

I was thinking that this would be great to have added just today but since I waited patiently for a few years for letter jumping to be added at all I didn't want to be pushy about it.

• Like 1