LaunchBox Community Forums

Zombeaver's PCSX2 Configs / Simple 1-Click Installs With PCSX2 Configurator

Zombeaver

Added new configs for the below titles. Details are on the sheet.

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Need For Speed: Underground
Tekken 5

A couple notes on these (which are also on the spreadsheet):

Grand Theft Auto Vice: City is a bit blurry but it's the result of an internal game effect (not a bug) called "Trails" which can be disabled in the in-game options if you prefer. It really changes the look of the game though.

For Tekken 5, you'll want to go to the in-game options and then Display Settings, set the scan mode to "sharp", and make sure the video mode is set to "normal" and not "progressive" (which can cause some visual bugs). It should be set to "normal" by default though.

I've got a note about that on the spreadsheet. It doesn't actually crash, it just takes a while (for me at least). It can take 30+ seconds to start and 30+ seconds after skipping the intro cutscene but acts normally afterwards. Pretty unusual, which is why I added the note about it. The first time it happened I thought it had crashed.

I can mess around with it in D3D and see if there are any visual problems and, if not, update the config.

13 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

I've got a note about that on the spreadsheet. It doesn't actually crash, it just takes a while (for me at least). It can take 30+ seconds to start and 30+ seconds after skipping the intro cutscene but acts normally afterwards. Pretty unusual, which is why I added the note about it. The first time it happened I thought it had crashed.

I can mess around with it in D3D and see if there are any visual problems and, if not, update the config.

Hmmm that is strange. I did read that in the notes although mine actually crashes and closes pcsx2. I am on the newest development build as well. I have been trying to pinpoint what is the actual setting in opengl that is making it crash for me by changing one setting at a time. It even crashes with default settings with opengl but does not with default settings with D3D11 Hardware.

I just tested D3D and GL again and both of them have the long pause for me, neither of them crash for me. D3D though, not only has the long pause like GL for me, but it makes my entire computer non-responsive while the game is loading :/

Seems like there's just something odd with the game. If it's working okay for you in D3D, go for it. It basically acts like my entire computer is locked up when it's loading though so I'm going to stick with GL.

Yes,there is something odd with this game for sure. The same thing happened to me when I switched over to D3D with the plugin config settings as it seemed like my whole computer locked up. When I just tried it with D3D default settings it doesnt crash or lock up but it looks like crap of course with default settings. I am going to keep messing with it to see if I can find the culprit.

Also, the new update to the plugin was just pushed out:

• Rocket Launcher Support Added
  • Game Will Now Launch (With Default Config) If No Configuration Is Created
  • Initalization Process Optimized
  • Widescreen Patches are now Auto-Extracted if Not Already Present
  • No Option To Configure Appears In BigBox
  • Y & N Keys can Now be Used On Known Game Message Box

I've removed the bit in the opening post about extracting the widescreen patches. The plugin itself now checks and does this automatically if needed.

I've added new configs for the below titles. Hoooooo-boy were these a pain to get right, but I'm really happy with them after all of it. These are extremely system-intensive games (especially the Dark Alliance games), so much so that I initially thought I was going to have to stick with 2x scaling but was eventually able to come up with some settings that are giving me 55-60fps at all times at 3x. That said, if they perform poorly on your PC, you'll likely need to reduce the scaling to 2x.

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II
Champions: Return to Arms

I also updated the existing Champions of Norrath config based on some things I learned while making these. They're all Snowblind engine games so the configs are basically the same between them, just with a slightly different TC offset for the Dark Alliance games than the Champions games. Just a reminder that if you've already downloaded a config previously, you can perform a recheck (and update) by holding left ctrl when you click "Configure..." in LB.

• Like 1

Something has definitely gone wrong. There seems to be some kind of communication error to the repo on github. Currently if you try to download a config it will fail (even though it will look like it's worked in LB), and the .inis generated will be based on whatever is in your base .inis.

image.thumb.png.e69caebd2bb5732bb2e388e7003a1376.png

This is super helpful, I was planing to update PCSX2 for a while and at the same time make it portable. PCSX2 was the last of my emulators that wasn't portable. So this was the perfect opportunity.

I have a question, I now have per game save files, but can I import my old saves to the per game memory cards?

And I have a request, there are two game I am having difficulty with getting to run smoothly. The Getaway and The Getaway: Black Monday. Any chance you can have a look at these titles? No rush but any help would be greatly appriciated.

The communication problem seems to have resolved itself now. We'll be implementing some error handling so that if this happens again it'll be obvious that the config hasn't downloaded correctly. You'll want to redownload any configs downloaded within the last 8 hours or so - you can hold left ctrl then click configure to perform another check.

5 hours ago, mssngr said:

I have a question, I now have per game save files, but can I import my old saves to the per game memory cards?

Yes, you can. Go to "Configure..." and then in PCSX2 go to Config -> Memory Cards and insert the card that has the old save on it into slot 2. Then go to CDVD -> No Disc. Then System -> Boot Bios. Now go to the second memory card, find the save you want to transfer over, press X, and select "Copy". You'll probably want to put the Mcd002.ps2 card back into slot 2 in PCSX2 once you're done. It's used as the standard "shared" card, whereas cards named after the game are created and used in slot 1.

5 hours ago, mssngr said:

And I have a request, there are two game I am having difficulty with getting to run smoothly. The Getaway and The Getaway: Black Monday. Any chance you can have a look at these titles? No rush but any help would be greatly appriciated.

Sure, I can take a look at those.

And as I said in the above post, make sure to redownload (hold left ctrl when clicking "Configure...") on any configs you've tried to download within the last 8 hours. There was a communication error that was causing configs not to download correctly. It's resolved now though.

7 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

Yes, you can. Go to "Configure..." and then in PCSX2 go to Config -> Memory Cards and insert the card that has the old save on it into slot 2. Then go to CDVD -> No Disc. Then System -> Boot Bios. Now go to the second memory card, find the save you want to transfer over, press X, and select "Copy". You'll probably want to put the Mcd002.ps2 card back into slot 2 in PCSX2 once you're done. It's used as the standard "shared" card, whereas cards named after the game are created and used in slot 1.

Thanks for your response. I have been trying to copy my old saves to the new game named memory card.

It does work when I use PCSX2 without the configurator.

But when I load the game via the configurator it keeps loading the first per game memory card it created. I've tried removing the game file from the mem folder. Also reformatting did not work. It keeps reloading to the memorycard it created the first time I used PCSX2 Configurator. Any idea how to reset the memorycard to its original state?