LaunchBox Community Forums

Zombeaver's PCSX2 Configs / Simple 1-Click Installs With PCSX2 Configurator

Zombeaver

@fromlostdays Pretty much just what Zombeaver said. I cannot think of a reason off the top of my head why it might not work with a mouse, though I am happy to try and debug it if you can tell me more about the problem. Other than that it all sounds to be working correctly, when you start the game it'll have the downloaded settings applied, and you can change the settings (for that game) from PCSX2 after pressing configure.

Edit

Your issue with the message box might have been due to scaling (I was essentially able to re-create the problem you described), you need to sign out and back in again for the new scaling settings to take effect. I'll see what I can do with this for the next release.

Edited by alec100_94
  • Like 1

Thanks Alec and Zomb. This is incredible work and re-engergizing my love for some ps2 games. :D 

You we're both right. Downscaling and then signing out/in made the mouse work (but the Y key is a perfectly fine workaround now that I know it worked)

Launched Silent Hill 3 and its definitely using zomb's config. AND THE SHADOWS ARE CORRECT WHILE BEING ABLE TO AMP THE RESOLUTION UP. Fromlostdays comes from a song on the silent hill 3 soundtrack so I'm really excited.

I see you just did Galerians: Ash too which is admittedly a bad game that I love haha.

Thanks again ya'll. Everything is in working order.

8 hours ago, fromlostdays said:

Thanks Alec and Zomb. This is incredible work and re-engergizing my love for some ps2 games. :D 

You we're both right. Downscaling and then signing out/in made the mouse work (but the Y key is a perfectly fine workaround now that I know it worked)

Launched Silent Hill 3 and its definitely using zomb's config. AND THE SHADOWS ARE CORRECT WHILE BEING ABLE TO AMP THE RESOLUTION UP. Fromlostdays comes from a song on the silent hill 3 soundtrack so I'm really excited.

Happy to help! I'm a huge Silent Hill (and Akira Yamaoka) fan. I don't remember if you were on Discord when I linked this in there, but I made a Silent Hill-inspired track years ago that you might appreciate.

8 hours ago, fromlostdays said:

I see you just did Galerians: Ash too which is admittedly a bad game that I love haha.

Haha yeah... it's not very good but it's still relatively entertaining. I've got my fair share of guilty-pleasure games (stuff like OverBlood on PSX) so I won't judge :P

Forewarning on the config for Galerians - it's in software mode. The game was broken on all renderers until a couple months back, but it's been fixed in software rendering - both hardware renderers still have graphical problems.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mssngr said:

Will you be doing them in alphabetical order? I have a few games that run well, but I would be interested in seeing if your config will make them run better.

No, I haven't been going in alphabetical order. I've just been picking and choosing stuff off the list.

Are the games that you're referring to on the list? I can take a look, if so. If not, it might still be something that I'd want to add to the list anyway.

Looks like some great games on the list.I had almost forgot what a great console the PS2 was. I was curious if the same game was on the Gamecube as well,do you pick the best version between the two or what runs better on Dolphin on what goes into your personal collection?

2 minutes ago, kmoney said:

Looks like some great games on the list.I had almost forgot what a great console the PS2 was. I was curious if the same game was on the Gamecube as well,do you pick the best version between the two or what runs better on Dolphin on what goes into your personal collection?

Everything in the list is stuff that I'm planning on trying out in PCSX2. If something has major problems and it's cross-platform I'll scrap it, but generally I haven't run into too much of that (though I do recommend Okami on Dolphin rather than PCSX2). The majority of the titles on the list aren't on GC/Wii though, as far as I know.

7 minutes ago, mssngr said:

They are all on your list, The Warriors, SSX3, SSX Tricky and Midnight Club 3 are the ones I am the most interested in.

I'll check those out tonight.

5 minutes ago, alec100_94 said:

I've just been messing about with Destroy All Humans, and have a pretty playable setup for the first game, about to try the second one.

I haven't tried it yet, but was just using the PCSX2 wiki as a reference. Admittedly it's often out of date and/or just wrong, but when I see some workarounds say "use software mode" and others saying "objects fall through the world in software mode" that gives me pause haha

https://wiki.pcsx2.net/Destroy_All_Humans!

And I really wish there was a half competent Xbox emulator, as it was really the superior console at the time and I'm sure the Xbox versions of many games from that era would be much more enjoyable, and I sure they would run better too as the Xbox was more architecturally similar to a PC, but It doesn't look like we have such a thing yet, maybe CXBX-Reloaded in 5 years time. Microsoft recently proved it was possible by getting one to run on the Xbox One, Though I guess they also got a pretty decent 360 emulator running, and right now the PS3 emulator is doing better than the 360 one, so I guess that essentially means nothing.

Yeah, I've wanted an original Xbox emulator for years now. So many great games there - even outside of cross-platform titles that were often best there, they had quite a few great exclusives too. One of these days I'll replay Otogi and Phantom Dust on PC, I still have hope. Some day...

1 minute ago, alec100_94 said:

And I really wish there was a half competent Xbox emulator, as it was really the superior console at the time and I'm sure the Xbox versions of many games from that era would be much more enjoyable, and I sure they would run better too as the Xbox was more architecturally similar to a PC, but It doesn't look like we have such a thing yet, maybe CXBX-Reloaded in 5 years time. Microsoft recently proved it was possible by getting one to run on the Xbox One, Though I guess they also got a pretty decent 360 emulator running, and right now the PS3 emulator is doing better than the 360 one, so I guess that essentially means nothing.

The issue with the original XBOX is that it used  a custom built NVidia GPU, and the exact data for that chip just isn't available. Microsoft can emulate there own consoles simply because they know exactly what went into them.