LaunchBox Community Forums

Just bought Launchbox and I am experiencing lots of bugs - mainly freezes and crashes

Itay080

Awesome, I'm glad you got that figured out. Not to cop out of the issue, but generally, any app that interferes with other apps like that is just downright badly written software, and the issue should be reported to Corsair. Probably that it "interferes with the .NET Framework and software that uses it." It would unfortunately be difficult for me to troubleshoot; yes, I would have to buy the hardware and set up a test bench for it all. What Corsair hardware do you use that requires that software?

48 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Awesome, I'm glad you got that figured out. Not to cop out of the issue, but generally, any app that interferes with other apps like that is just downright badly written software, and the issue should be reported to Corsair. Probably that it "interferes with the .NET Framework and software that uses it." It would unfortunately be difficult for me to troubleshoot; yes, I would have to buy the hardware and set up a test bench for it all. What Corsair hardware do you use that requires that software?

I use the K55 keyboard.

I doubt that a big company like Corsair will care about just one report about that issue, I am just glad that the issue is solved :).

Thanks for your help! :D

Just now, Itay080 said:

I use the K55 keyboard.

I doubt that a big company like Corsair will care about just one report about that issue, I am just glad that the issue is solved :).

Thanks for your help! :D

The thing is, though, I would be very surprised if LaunchBox is the only app that is being affected by it, because it's not like LaunchBox does anything that other applications wouldn't do. And it sounds like it's affecting a broad number of things, so that just screams that there's an issue with the software. But to really figure it out I'd have to have the hardware so...good to know though, regardless.

On 11/26/2017 at 7:13 AM, Itay080 said:

Anyone? Please? The loading times are really unbearable, even when I perform the tiniest change on BigBox settings it hangs for a long while.

I had a weird issue when I installed an ASUS Bluetooth adaptor on my PC.

For some reason, this caused a process called "svchost.exe" *32 to run in the background and whenever this was running, my BigBox would grind to a halt. When I terminated the "svchost.exe" process, everything was good again.

I'm on Windows 7 64bit and I kinda wonder if the "svchost" being a 32bit process was causing something. Well, I KNOW it was causing something because when I terminated it, everything ran fine. Try that.

***Edit - I've just noticed you already fixed it lol. I'll leave this here for anyone with problems in the future to try.

Edited by JamesBond@ge

12 minutes ago, JamesBond@ge said:

I had a weird issue when I installed an ASUS Bluetooth adaptor on my PC.

For some reason, this caused a process called "svchost.exe" *32 to run in the background and whenever this was running, my BigBox would grind to a halt. When I terminated the "svchost.exe" process, everything was good again.

I'm on Windows 7 64bit and I kinda wonder if the "svchost" being a 32bit process was causing something. Well, I KNOW it was causing something because when I terminated it, everything ran fine. Try that.

***Edit - I've just noticed you already fixed it lol. I'll leave this here for anyone with problems in the future to try.

Yeah it is nearly always another program causing the issue, there was a time when msi afterburner did it also.

• Like 1

I just had this problem and came here to figure out what was going on and found this thread... I have almost all corsair hardware and sometimes Corsair Utility Engine sort of freezes. When this happens, your keyboard and mouse etc. still works, but "little things" stop working and you may not notice right away. Things like num lock and caps lock wont work, thumb buttons on the mouse and any macros or remaps stop working as well - Stuff the Corsair software is handling. It's happened several times, but this is the first instance where I've seen it conflict with another piece of software (causing launchbox options and bigbox to not load). I would have never put the two issues together until I found this. Luckily it's an easy fix if it ever does happen. You don't even have to restart Corsair Utility Engine, although that's obviously where the root of the problem is lying - just unplug and re-plug your keyboard and mouse, CUE automatically re-identifies the hardware and it snaps out of it's freakout. 

Edited by wturner859
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...