LaunchBox Community Forums

Styphelus Platform Boxes

Styphelus

For those confused about what this is:

Untitled-1.png

These are images of the console boxes you can use instead of videos. Unfortunately I don't know how to create videos so this is what I came up with. This allows for fast browsing through your systems and you can add some cool retro outrun music in the background. If you have game boxes, why not have the package your system came in as well. These are not scans. I tried to recreate them to the best of my ability.

I've created 68 so far with more to come.

Edited by Styphelus
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Styphelus said:

Thanks. What a nice surprise. I did not expect to see you two guys here. When did you convert to launchbox?

Hehe, I haven't :) I started checking James Baker cinematics topic a long time ago, then the Unbroken Software Youtube channel, the developer sessions, and one thing led to another, so I now check the LB forums every now and then for awesome creative stuff like this you did :)

Although I must say that Cid's City Hunter theme is beautiful and made me think about giving it a shot; but my dedicated retro gaming PC does not have enough power to run BB.

Edited by Kondorito

Really cool idea. But I love seeing Vikings cool platform vids play.  Was thinking, what if B.B. Could show the systems box artwork off to the side or bottom somewhere sort of like it shows the box for each game?  Then we could have our vids and get to see what that systems box/boxes looked like. As important as having game boxes I'd say.

On 2/9/2018 at 1:20 PM, damageinc86 said:

Really cool idea. But I love seeing Vikings cool platform vids play.  Was thinking, what if B.B. Could show the systems box artwork off to the side or bottom somewhere sort of like it shows the box for each game?  Then we could have our vids and get to see what that systems box/boxes looked like. As important as having game boxes I'd say.

Yeah, they are nice but they all play on the right side of the screen. That's a no no for my OCD. I like things centered. Also used James Baker's and Retro humanoid's videos but I was still missing videos. I don't know how to make videos so this is easy for me to do. 

Edited by Styphelus

So I'm curious about something.  Would there be a way to have these box images rotate if you had multiple versions in the image folder?  Since there were sometimes different boxes for the same console, it might be cool to have all the different versions, and then maybe they would switch each time you launched LB.

33 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

So I'm curious about something.  Would there be a way to have these box images rotate if you had multiple versions in the image folder?  Since there were sometimes different boxes for the same console, it might be cool to have all the different versions, and then maybe they would switch each time you launched LB.

Until we have a native way of doing this via an Option, you could always write a batch file to rotate the pics in and out as the first part of the batch, then the last thing would be to start LaunchBox or BigBox.

• 4 years later...