LaunchBox Community Forums

On 11/11/2021 at 8:15 PM, 51mm5 said:

Does the Steam launcher work with Rockstar Launcher games?  I have a steam controller so I rely on this wonderful plugin to have the Steam overlay work with my games so I can use the Steam controller.  I'm thinking of purchasing the newly released GTA Remastered Trilogy Auto Trilogy which is only available via the Rockstar launcher and not Steam but not sure if it will work well with Launch box and this plugin.

Yes, this is possible with any launcher (excluding Microsoft Store games) but you need to set up custom emulator entries for each Launcher. Just pm me (on Steam) for more info/files. My Scripts are working for me with any Epic Games/Ubisoft Connect/Rockstar Games/Amazon Games/Origin game utilizing this great plugin!

Roughly speaking my scripts kill the intended launcher if running and then immediatly launches it with the given game url and waits for the Launcher to appear and then remembers the first fullscreen window appearing on screen after some timeout. Then after the game window is closed after having played the script automatically kills the game's launcher after some timeout (to be able to upload save data) to save ram etc.. For Microsoft Store Games my ahk script also detects game closure and repositions the game window to make it borderless windowed without exclusive fullscreen for glosc to work seamlessly on top.

Edited by Benuno
  • Thanks 1

On 11/14/2021 at 2:07 PM, Benuno said:

Yes, this is possible with any launcher (excluding Microsoft Store games) but you need to set up custom emulator entries for each Launcher. Just pm me (on Steam) for more info/files. My Scripts are working for me with any Epic Games/Ubisoft Connect/Rockstar Games/Amazon Games/Origin game utilizing this great plugin!

Roughly speaking my scripts kill the intended launcher if running and then immediatly launches it with the given game url and waits for the Launcher to appear and then remembers the first fullscreen window appearing on screen after some timeout. Then after the game window is closed after having played the script automatically kills the game's launcher after some timeout (to be able to upload save data) to save ram etc.. For Microsoft Store Games my ahk script also detects game closure and repositions the game window to make it borderless windowed without exclusive fullscreen for glosc to work seamlessly on top.

Thanks for this.  I've sent you a friend req on Steam

Hey Everyone, just wanted to apologize for taking so long to get this update out. I've just been really overwhelmed with other stuff and I'm implementing a lot of really big changes in the next update.. Kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place now since I'm in the middle of implementing these big changes, which makes it really hard to put out a release until I'm finished implementing everything. However, I do have a perfectly working old build which I would be happy to share with anyone who sends me a msg on Steam. There are a lot of people using this build right now without any issues, so if you'd like to use it in the meantime until I'm able to release the update, I would be happy to share it with anyone. My Steam contact info is on the plugin download page. Thanks for bearing with me and having patience!

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2021 at 10:58 AM, 51mm5 said:

Hey @Lahma

Is there a possibility of getting your Launcher to work with Non-steam games?  @Benuno has some scripts that enable your launcher to work with various launchers.  It would be a great addition to have this feature integrated into your app.

Sorry @51mm5, I literally just saw that I had a msg here. I'm not sure I'm understanding what you're asking. Every game that my plugin launches is a "non-Steam" shortcut/game. Are you asking if my plugin can be used outside of LB?

On 12/5/2021 at 3:54 PM, Lahma said:

Sorry @51mm5, I literally just saw that I had a msg here. I'm not sure I'm understanding what you're asking. Every game that my plugin launches is a "non-Steam" shortcut/game. Are you asking if my plugin can be used outside of LB?

Unless I'm mistaken or misusing your plugin, I cant use Steam overlay when launching via your plugin with say an Epic Store game or other stores who have their own launcher besides Steam bought games.

Edited by 51mm5