LaunchBox Community Forums

8.2-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

58 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@Zeaede To be honest the first two issues sound unrelated to LaunchBox, like there's something oddly conflicting on your machine or something weird like that. Nothing changed for this version in that Emulator dialog.

What did you click on in LaunchBox.Next to get that error message?

All i did was update from 8.1 to 8.2

Then go in to Launchbox Next the message shows up

But im probably gonna do fresh reinstall of Hyperspin Rocketlauncher Launchbox to avoid conflict which probably caused the mess

• Like 1

On 4/7/2018 at 10:00 PM, Jason Carr said:

Beta 10 is out now guys with the following:

- Improvement: A new "RotationAmount" property has been added to the Big Box FlowControl (for theme developers styling the wheels). This allows theme developers to create a more cohesive-feeling wheel with items that rotate as the wheel turns.

I added that by request for @CriticalCid's new Unified theme and just felt like tinkering with it this morning, so I figured why not. It does add a lot more flexibility and styling options to the wheels. I also added a StretchVideo property to the video transition presenters for the theme as well. Keep an eye out for a theme update from Cid. :)

Congrats Jason on the release of Launchbox 8.2!

i'm in the process of upgrading all of my themes so is there any documentations or examples of seeing the "RotationAmount" and StretchVideo properties in action? :)

1 minute ago, SNAK3ATER said:

Congrats Jason on the release of Launchbox 8.2!

i'm in the process of upgrading all of my themes so is there any documentations or examples of seeing the "RotationAmount" and StretchVideo properties in action? :)

Awesome @SNAK3ATER! I haven't added any documentation yet, but this theme has examples:

3 hours ago, FoxyMonty said:

@Jason Carr The latest version of Cemu (1.11.6b) has recently introduced a game list parser that creates a settings.xml file that lists the game name, path, version & DLC version. Could this be useful for launchbox to help with the import process, avoiding having to rename each game manually?

I've honestly yet to use Cemu. Is it really another one of those emulators that can't use the game's title in the ROM name? :/

Just now, Jason Carr said:

I've honestly yet to use Cemu. Is it really another one of those emulators that can't use the game's title in the ROM name? :/

It has a folder structure and you have to import the .rpx file, which is not named the same as the game, also its to folders deep so would call the game "code" if using the folder name.

16 minutes ago, shinra358 said:

What backend does bigbox use? opengl, directx 9, or dx11? I'm trying to use this so that bigbox will always be in a specific resolution: http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2013/02/chiris-force-certain-resolutionhertz.html

Big Box uses WPF, which in turn uses DirectX. I would assume it would use DX11, but I really don't know what version it is.

3 minutes ago, shinra358 said:

Okay. It doesn't work the normal way (putting it beside bigbox exe). So does that mean to add it to the theme like any other plugin? And what would the code line look like at the top when including it (if it'll work that way)?

I have no idea how that tool works, but from the looks of it, it may not work at all. I'm not sure what you mean by adding it to the theme.

25 minutes ago, shinra358 said:

"I'm not sure what you mean by adding it to the theme. "

Like how a user created dll would be added to the theme. Adding the reference and adfing the line of code at the top of the xaml that goes with it. How would that line look (what is the line)?

Yes, but only Big Box plugins can be added to a theme. There would be no way to add that program to Big Box or a theme.

• Like 1